05-28-07, 01:23 PM   #1
Azrael104
A Defias Bandit
SCT and "Critical" Spammage

Ok, ive looked everywhere to a solution and have no had any luck, so im gonna try here.

I use SCT and SCTD. When ever I crit, i get a big fat red "Critical" in the middle of the screen, and frankly it is getting kinda annoying. Ive tried googling for it, found a coupla things like:
http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=90023905

Going by that post, ive added

--[18] = {name="Critical!", search="You crit", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256},

to my sct_event_config.lua file, (Its sorta fixed half the problem, the spammage doesnt show up on normal melee hits.)

since that line was NOT present in the file, unlike the post mentions. (Also, that post is 2 years old, so meh.)
Cant really remember though if the Spammage was present on normal hit crits before i added that, but who cares.

Now the main problem is, it still shows up on special abilities, for example Mortal Strike. Now lets look at the code for Overpower:

[6] = {name="Overpower!", override=false, search="Your (.+) was dodged", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1, class={"Warrior"}},

Basically SCT looks in my combat for for "Your Heroic Strike was dodged" and as soon as that appears, SCT plonks a big "Overpower" into the screen, so i dont miss it.

Going by this example, ive tried to write my own little bit of code to nullify the Critical spammage.

--[19] = {name="Critical!", search="Your (.+) crits (.+) for (.+)", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256},

Needless to say, it doesnt work. Im guessing (.+) is the place holder for anything, like Abilities, Mobs, and Numbers?

None the less, id appreciate some help on this issue, as i cant really find anything to get rid of it.

And no there is NO option to remove it in SCT options itself.
05-28-07, 02:34 PM   #2
Sajomatic
Deuce Interfaces

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well I do know there is an option to check and uncheck Sticky Crits...

You may find the answer or want to discuss this in the official thread for SCT

http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=1801.0
05-28-07, 03:06 PM   #3
Azrael104
A Defias Bandit
The "Sticky Crit" option isnt tied to my problem in anyway. If ticked, your crit amount will flash in and stay above your head a second or so, and if unticked, your crit will just scroll like the noncrit damage.

But thanks for the link, ill check that out.
05-29-07, 09:39 AM   #4
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Are you sure the "Critical!" red text isn't coming from the mode CritLine? I know it does that as well.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SCT and "Critical" Spammage