12-12-06, 03:13 PM   #81
Lane
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Well, you can't write a clique plugin.. it doesn't work like that. It would involve signifigant logic changes, because each frame receives the same type of click-casts.

Furthermore, it cannot be done dynamically in combat. If you're going to bind them differently either way, why not just bind right-click and left-click as you wish?

You'd have to register every single buff frame for click-casting, which seems silly in this case.
So much for the plugin idea.

Wouldn't registering every buff frame for click casting be a one-time expense? It would net you a full set of additional clicks for action.
12-12-06, 03:45 PM   #82
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No, it wouldn't give you a new set of clicks. You get the four sets that exist right now, that's it.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
12-12-06, 03:59 PM   #83
Lopeppeppy
A Theradrim Guardian

I saw this question much earlier in the thread, but not a reply.

Can Clique be used with CT Raid frames? And is there something I have to do to make that happen, that wasn't necessary In The Days Before The Patch? It works perfectly with Blizz frames (which don't give me options I need) and ag_UF, but not CT.
12-12-06, 04:01 PM   #84
Scre3m
A Murloc Raider

I've used Clique with CTRA and have not noticed any problems.
12-12-06, 04:30 PM   #85
RedLegg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Scre3m
I've used Clique with CTRA and have not noticed any problems.
Yep, confirm it works with CTRA. However Grid is a much more informative and configurable raid diplay. I tried it for the first time in ZG last night on my Paladin main and it simply rocks with Clique.
12-12-06, 04:37 PM   #86
GMib
A Murloc Raider
Clique doesn't work with DUF (discord unit frame)

i don't understand how ClickCastFrames work
can you help me ?

http://tetzfamily.com/eric/gaming/wow/Discord/ for DUF wow2
12-12-06, 04:39 PM   #87
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Somewhere in initialization you need to do:

ClickCastFrames = ClickCastFrames or {}

Then anytime you have a new frame created you need to do:

ClickCastFrames[FrameObject] = true

That's it.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
12-13-06, 12:11 AM   #88
Stromy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
No, it wouldn't give you a new set of clicks. You get the four sets that exist right now, that's it.
Only four sets ? There is even more goodness than that in clique :-))) :
- no modifyers
- shift
- control
- alt
- shift + control
- shift + alt
- control + alt

That's 7 sets in all, the last three are a bit cumbersome but very useful for getting around the current OOC issue, that's where I link my rezzing / buffing... :-)

If you need lots of sets, get a many-buttonned mouse: mine has 8, of which 5 (the max) are directly handled by WoW and clique, and the extra 3 appear as keystrokes to WoW (that's handled by the mouse driver, and, again, these can be assigned shift, ctrl , alt modifyers by WoW)

If using two modifyer keys was not really planned / debugged, could it be what is causing the weird Rank bug ?

The million-dollar question is: does shift+alt+ctrl work... and is anyone crazy enough to actually use it :-p

Last edited by Stromy : 12-13-06 at 12:24 AM.
12-13-06, 05:23 AM   #89
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Stromy
Only four sets ? There is even more goodness than that in clique :-))) :
- no modifyers
- shift
- control
- alt
- shift + control
- shift + alt
- control + alt

That's 7 sets in all, the last three are a bit cumbersome but very useful for getting around the current OOC issue, that's where I link my rezzing / buffing... :-)
Those are not click-sets, those are combinations of modifiers and buttons. Click sets are "Default, Hostile Action, Harmful Action, and Out-of-combat". The terminology is very clear.

If you need lots of sets, get a many-buttonned mouse: mine has 8, of which 5 (the max) are directly handled by WoW and clique, and the extra 3 appear as keystrokes to WoW (that's handled by the mouse driver, and, again, these can be assigned shift, ctrl , alt modifyers by WoW)

If using two modifyer keys was not really planned / debugged, could it be what is causing the weird Rank bug ?

The million-dollar question is: does shift+alt+ctrl work... and is anyone crazy enough to actually use it :-p
I routinely use shift-alt-ctrl. This has nothign to do with the bug you are seeing, which I said is likely due to localisation, tho I'm unsure where or why.
12-13-06, 05:52 PM   #90
Talendar
A Kobold Labourer
DUF Support Not Working

Details posted in the Discord Forum. Here is the link

http://www.discordmods.com/cgi-bin/s...9&page=11#6750
12-13-06, 07:46 PM   #91
Rullz
A Kobold Labourer
HI

Is there a way of making it work with CT_raid emergency monitor? weird as its working fine on the raid unit frames.

Thanks

Rullz
12-13-06, 07:47 PM   #92
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No, Clicking on a dynamic sorted list was explicitly disabled by Blizzard. You can never cast spells on an "Emergency MOnitor" or target people from one.
12-13-06, 07:58 PM   #93
Braikor
A Defias Bandit
Is there a new way to "cure any" or was that disabled, removed, or just not coded into this version. Of all things that people complain about or praise, the cure any was the most useful, hands down.
12-13-06, 07:59 PM   #94
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Explicitly disabled by Blizzard.
12-13-06, 08:42 PM   #95
Lytz
A Defias Bandit

I dont understand very well how click-sets are working or how they take precedence...

If I bind with the same key 4 different spells one for each click-set, only the spells in "Harmful" and "Helpful" are working... then the spells in "Default" and in "Out Of Combat" when are activated?
12-13-06, 08:46 PM   #96
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Click sets are kinda broken at the moment. If you just use default and out-of-combat that shoudl work.
12-13-06, 09:11 PM   #97
Lytz
A Defias Bandit

There is a way to bind with the same key different spells for different frames?
For example Im using perl unit frames and I have different frames for player mana bar, player health bar, target mana bar, target health.... i want right-click on my mana bar to take a mana potion, right-click on my health bar to take a health potion, right-click on harmful target mana bar to cast mana burn, ecc... is it possible?
12-13-06, 09:49 PM   #98
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Not right now, no.
12-15-06, 09:29 AM   #99
Nekali
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, first off thanks for the great mod it really eased my priests way into the days of 2.0 mods. My mouse has more then 5 Buttons (and I use more then 5 ). I unterstand that WoW (and/or Windows) only supports 5 buttons and a wheel. So in the old days I used the mouse config tool to bind f12, f11, ... to the buttons and bound those in wow. Unfortunately they are not clicks anymore.

The configuration tool for my mouse does not allow me to assign buttons 4,5 I only have the choice to disable the driver (thus disabling keys 6,7,8) or assign them keyboard hotkeys. I tried to work around this reassigning some of the them back to mouse clicks via "AutoHotkey", which works fine (although far too complex and I have my doubts whether this is in compliance with blizz 3rd party - prog rules as I could easily configure AutoHotkey to perform some predefined chain of commands, e.g. afk-botting in alterac valley). But even this left me with only 5 buttons usable via Clique-Casting. I then assigned alt/ctrl modified mouse clicks to some of the other buttons, thus making them usable in clique, but this has the unfortunate side effect of them no longer being usable as "traditional" hotkeys for casting on self or target if the mouse is not above some unit-frame.

I went on to the US macro forum (shoot me for being eu and found out about the [target=mouseover] stuff. My current solution is: for each and every single spell i want to be click-castable i create a macro:
"/cast [modifier:alt,target=player] Spell; [target=mouseover] Spell; [target=target] Spell"; (i am not quite sure about the syntax, I am at work right now and can't check ), put this on the action bar and bind it to a keyboad hotkey which my mouse triggers. This produces exactly the behavoiur I want: Clickcast on mouseover, selfcast with alt and cast on target otherwise. It also has the advantage that I can use the same system for regular Hotkeys (1,2,3,4,r,f..) but is very cumbersome to configure and also doesn't have anything to do with Clique anymore. Also I am under the impression that it doesn't work as reliable as Clique (getting the select target mousepointer for some spells sometimes although I mouseover a valid target in range).

Any suggestions? What I would love is Clique being extended to any key (not just mousebuttons) this would result in much greater flexibily and ease of configuration on my part

Edit: excuse the d'english please.

Last edited by Nekali : 12-15-06 at 09:38 AM.
12-15-06, 09:54 AM   #100
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
At this point, I don't plan to fully support hovercasting via the method you describe. I may add a GUI for something like that in the future, but I don't have plans at this time, sorry.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Help with Clique