03-08-12, 11:33 AM   #1
Aryae
A Fallenroot Satyr
Question WoW Cursor replacement?

I'm a big fan of minimalistic UI's, very clean and sleek. While I've been working on a new UI (And by new I mean finally deciding on what I want, not spending a week setting up a UI, then hating it before I finish) But that little bugger of a cursor is annoying.

I realize that doing something to it, as previous addon/textures have allowed, now makes Blizz cranky. But is there any possible way to replace it without ticking them off? I have a macro that allows me to hide it, and I use _Cursor but its fairly hard to see when your cursor is just some pretty light show.

Any ideas? Or am I stuck with that annoying plate gauntlet as a cursor?
03-08-12, 12:55 PM   #2
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're looking for just the default hardware cursor, I'm pretty sure you can change to that in the options. Not sure if that's what you mean though.
03-08-12, 03:22 PM   #3
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

You have to create a custom BLP or TGA texture named Point and place it in a folder named Cursor within WoW's Interface folder (not the AddOns folder). This will not incite Blizzard's wrath (modifying MPQ's will).

Last edited by Talyrius : 03-08-12 at 03:25 PM.
03-08-12, 03:31 PM   #4
Melikae
A Fallenroot Satyr
Is this still possible? I was pretty sure Blizz had disabled this quite some time ago...
03-08-12, 03:35 PM   #5
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I have found the file Talyrius is talking about, so it should be fully possible. Here's a link to the PNG version of the image hosted on WoWProgramming to show it's there:

03-08-12, 04:29 PM   #6
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Melikae View Post
Is this still possible? I was pretty sure Blizz had disabled this quite some time ago...
It's afaik not possible anymore, Blizzard intentionally blocked it from being overridden
-- https://github.com/tekkub/wow-ui-sou...ML/Redlist.xml

Other people have also confirmed that it's not possible to change the graphic anymore
-- http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...5861&page=2#21

I've tried all kinds of stuff back in WotLK, but wasn't able to change it through SetCursor() trying to point to a custom blp file

Last edited by Ketho : 03-09-12 at 08:03 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » WoW Cursor replacement?