10-13-12, 04:39 PM   #1
Eleshakai
A Murloc Raider
Addon to Disable AoE Looting

I'm looking for a way to turn off AoE looting. There's no interface option for it and I haven't found any existing addons that can do it, so I was wondering if anyone here had any idea if there was one that would make it possible, or if it is even possible to make one?

Thank you.
10-13-12, 04:52 PM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
not to sure if you can disable the AoE loot feature, your best bet would be to disable Auto Loot or loot one by one.

I assume you have a issue with players stealing your skins?
10-13-12, 06:09 PM   #3
Eleshakai
A Murloc Raider
No, I actually just completely hate aoe looting to the point where it actually makes it not fun to play... and just looting one at a time doesn't help because you can't always just kill one at a time... I didn't want to post that because people generally assume I'm trolling when I explain my reasons for wanting it, but ya.
10-13-12, 06:38 PM   #4
tinyu
A Molten Giant

hmm sounds like your caught between a Rock and a Hard Place .
10-13-12, 06:48 PM   #5
Eleshakai
A Murloc Raider
ya, kinda. I was just hoping maybe someone here could be my last hope before I cancel on the 23rd when my annual pass runs out, but I guess not. lol
10-13-12, 07:36 PM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Turning it off is probably not possible unless there's some undocumented CVar we haven't come across yet.

That said, breaking it up to give details about what loot you picked up from which mob is possible through addon code.
(Not aware of one that does it, most loot addons are more interested with consolidating info than making it more verbose)
10-13-12, 07:47 PM   #7
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

I don't think any addon will ever be able to interfere with looting, preventing you from AoE-looting. An addon might be able to create a loot window that separates loot from different corpses, but I'm not sure. Personally I just can't see why you'd hate AoE-looting, but that's indiviual preferences I guess.

If you're having a hard time because you're picking up tons of trash you don't want, I'd suggest turn off auto-loot so that you have a chance to choose what to loot. This is the only problem I can see with AoE-looting, even though vendoring trash is a good gold income.
10-13-12, 08:38 PM   #8
Eleshakai
A Murloc Raider
nah it's not that I'm picking up too much, I pick up everything anyways

It's just a personal preference thing. It's too bad it's not possible. But oh well, guess I get to save money until Blizz decides to give us an option if they ever do.

Thanks for the help.
10-15-12, 04:23 AM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

This seems like a really strange reason to quit playing the game... what possible advantage or benefit is there to having to click 15 corpses instead of one? If it bothers you for role-playing reasons, well, I don't think I've ever played a game of D&D where anyone looted bodies on an individual basis. It's always just "okay, here's a pile of dead kobolds, I search them for stuff".
10-15-12, 05:37 AM   #10
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Only reason I'd want this is for skinning... you AOE down 10 mobs then you loot the first and start to skin, meanwhile someone can skin your other 9 corpses if they wanna be jerks to you. :P
10-15-12, 08:01 AM   #11
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

After some testing, you could feasibly filter out other unit's loot from the window using GetLootSourceInfo and comparing it to the UnitGUID of the targeted corpse. You could even define your own "auto loot" function.

What you couldn't do is prevent the corpses from behaving as if they've been looked at by the player once one of them has been opened - so you couldn't keep people from skinning your empty mobs.

edit: Nevermind, there's no way to only loot a partial stack of same items from a corpse, and since the AOE loot is all consolidated the best you could accomplish is changing how the loot is displayed.

Last edited by semlar : 10-15-12 at 08:55 AM.
10-15-12, 08:34 AM   #12
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
Only reason I'd want this is for skinning... you AOE down 10 mobs then you loot the first and start to skin, meanwhile someone can skin your other 9 corpses if they wanna be jerks to you. :P
Well, if he can skin nine corpses while you only manage one ... you're doing something wrong.

I like this area loot...

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

10-15-12, 10:06 AM   #13
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Well, if he can skin nine corpses while you only manage one ... you're doing something wrong.

I like this area loot...
Not if there's 9 other people there.
In any case like I said in my initial response breaking up details of what came from which mob is feasible through addon code,
toggling aoe loot 'off' is not at the moment.
10-15-12, 10:42 AM   #14
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
Not if there's 9 other people there.
I imagine people will start petitioning for AoE skinning.
10-15-12, 03:32 PM   #15
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
I imagine people will start petitioning for AoE skinning.
They have been asking for it since beta.
10-15-12, 03:56 PM   #16
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Code:
|-------------------|
|       Please      |
|                   |
|       Do Not      |
|  Feed The Trolls  |
|-------------------|
         ||
         ||
   \/    ||  \    \/
----------------------

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to Disable AoE Looting