09-02-12, 09:57 AM   #401
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
On the latter point (the grouping mechanism), yeah that's what he means. It's entirely up to you of course, but I'd recommend considering auras as 'groups' because that's what they'll actually be in 5.1.

If you're wondering why 5.1 is going to take a week or two, it's because I'd planned for it to be a 'clean up all the messy crap I had to deal with' release with a few minor changes to remove the stuff that never panned out.

Last edited by Meorawr : 09-02-12 at 11:26 AM.

09-02-12, 12:56 PM   #402
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
Did you change the texture to one with a "(Transparent)" suffix?

I'll change the default to a transparent one eventually.
For the font, I picked a transparent suffix, think I tried both. The default for the texture blend is what though?

I never understood glow, in 4.x power auras, glow would have no background for the text, but why use the word glow, never made sense to me

09-02-12, 01:12 PM   #403
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It's just alpha blending, I think 'glow' is a bit more descriptive than 'additive'

It should default to err...Whatever the default was. Default/Blend. Not glow/additive.

09-02-12, 02:28 PM   #404
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

*/em eats his hat*

We were discussing this possibility with Meo on the beta server and I said "nah, don't think anyone's going to do that this time"

Boy was I wrong

Now let's see who's going to put that cat back in the bag...

09-02-12, 02:30 PM   #405
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Well, he did kindly offer

09-02-12, 11:31 PM   #406
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Meorawr can you tell me what line of code I need to fix the invert bug for stacks display please. I have this stacks display that's on all the time in the middle of my screen. It also prevents that stack display from working when it needs to.

Thanks

09-03-12, 05:46 AM   #407
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by galvin View Post
Meorawr can you tell me what line of code I need to fix the invert bug for stacks display please. I have this stacks display that's on all the time in the middle of my screen. It also prevents that stack display from working when it needs to.

Thanks
Ah right, knew I forgot something - sorry.

PowerAuras\Modules\Metadata.lua, somewhere near the top find:

Lua Code:
  1. --- Flags for inverted linked displays.
  2. Metadata.DISPLAY_INVMASK    = 0x00000010;
  3. Metadata.DISPLAY_INV_INVERT = 0x00000010;

Replace with:

Lua Code:
  1. --- Flags for inverted linked displays.
  2. Metadata.DISPLAY_INVMASK    = 0x00000100;
  3. Metadata.DISPLAY_INV_INVERT = 0x00000100;

However, that specific way of fixing it will reset the invert state of all your child displays.

09-03-12, 11:54 AM   #408
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
As long as I can go in and set them and they stay set

Thanks

Update:Made the change, didn't have to reset any existing invert changes, if invert was already unchecked before change, it stayed unchecked after change.

Last edited by galvin : 09-03-12 at 01:29 PM.

09-08-12, 02:30 PM   #409
Rudaman
A Murloc Raider
maybe it's a silly question, but ... I am already using the temporary 5.0 version to full capacity, I really hope that with the final version I will not have to redo all the auras I've created so far... please tell me I wont!

09-08-12, 02:33 PM   #410
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
You shouldn't have to, no

Sorry for the lack of any updates recently - a lot of things came up in the past week, all of which seem to share this one particular trait of being incredibly time consuming. Should have some more time after Monday, depending on what happens then.

09-08-12, 04:56 PM   #411
Maggz
A Cyclonian

All i can say is, Simply amazing. I really only started using power auras in 4.0 so it wasnt too much to ask me to go an try something new, I was fortunate to get the 5.0.4 rc3 version from curse and i tlell ya. I LOVE IT. Yes it definatly took some tme to get used to the new interface but it was definatly worth it, i can now setup somethingin under 60s which yes was doable in the old method but this just seems so much simpler to use. Anyone saying it isnt easy to use is probably someone who just dislikes change. i applaud your efforts on this and cant wat to see the released version.

09-09-12, 03:44 AM   #412
Rudaman
A Murloc Raider
Ok, I created an aura for getting a sound at 5 stacks of Frenzy. Now I would like to put in a secondary trigger that would allow the sound to play only when the cd timer of Bestial Wrath (there's another aura for it) is above 25 seconds. I'm banging my head against the wall for two days now. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Rudaman : 09-09-12 at 03:50 AM.

09-09-12, 10:51 AM   #413
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Rudaman View Post
Ok, I created an aura for getting a sound at 5 stacks of Frenzy. Now I would like to put in a secondary trigger that would allow the sound to play only when the cd timer of Bestial Wrath (there's another aura for it) is above 25 seconds. I'm banging my head against the wall for two days now. Any suggestions?
Currently there's no way to make a trigger that can go off on X amount of cooldown time. I was going to suggest that get added in and work the same way as the stacks trigger. But was waiting for 5.1 to see what changes it brings before suggesting new things.

Well found out you can do timers on spell cooldowns, not sure how I missed that

Last edited by galvin : 09-12-12 at 07:57 PM.

09-13-12, 11:49 AM   #414
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
So hows version 5.1 coming along?

09-13-12, 11:52 AM   #415
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Very busy at the moment, haven't been able to work on it at all for about a week now

Should have free time tomorrow/the weekend though, hopefully can crank something out in that timeframe.

09-13-12, 04:43 PM   #416
thymon
A Murloc Raider
invert aura when time below

Hello again,
Starting to get used to the new interface, but I’m still can't find (or they are missing) some options.
In the old Powa there was a whole tab dedicated to timer stuff for the specific aura, one that I used allot was 'invert aura when time below' for easy DoT management.
But I can't find it anywhere, am I just this blind or did that option fail to make it to the next gen of Powa?

Aprentise

09-13-12, 09:28 PM   #417
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by thymon View Post
Hello again,
Starting to get used to the new interface, but I’m still can't find (or they are missing) some options.
In the old Powa there was a whole tab dedicated to timer stuff for the specific aura, one that I used allot was 'invert aura when time below' for easy DoT management.
But I can't find it anywhere, am I just this blind or did that option fail to make it to the next gen of Powa?

Aprentise
All the power auras in 5.0 have an invert. Under activation there is an invert checkbox.
So add trigger for buff/debuff to track a dot. Then add trigger for timer to track the amount of time. The timer one is found under support triggers. Also each support trigger has an invert too.

09-15-12, 04:40 AM   #418
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Stupid question; where to download? :P Link in first post is broken, and search only turned up v4 results.

09-15-12, 08:34 AM   #419
TGulics
A Murloc Raider
I'd really like to see a release. I'm not sure how much improved it can be in one or two additional weeks, versus releasing now...

The main issues you'll come across are users getting accustomed to the new layout. That's a given. It doesn't sound like Powa 5.0 is glaringly broken, otherwise?

I'd hate to start leveling in Pandaria and also have to learn the new Powa... I'd rather get it down pat ahead of time, in these weeks before launch.

09-15-12, 09:35 AM   #420
Silvertaurus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/powerauras-classic

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0