A Cliff Giant

Orc Warlock here, to me the best combo in the game
Bloodfury+Command =Win
09-14-09, 01:54 AM   #103
yami
An Aku'mai Servant

Smile

orc warlock - my main
orc shaman - my off main (she's more then an alt, but a smidgen under being my main ^^ )
10-03-09, 07:39 PM   #104
nonretadin
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Talking protadin

i picked protection paladin bloodelf bloodelf because i wanted horde and no other horde races with paladin. i picked paladins because they are (in my opinion) the most survivability of all the solo classes and protection because i love to tank

10-06-09, 08:28 AM   #105
Raizo
A Kobold Labourer

Wink

Night Elf Rogue. Improved Stealth. Can front Flip. Most like Ninja's.
11-27-09, 08:55 PM   #106
Ziara
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Druid. Do I need to say more? Either way, after going through some caster characters, I needed a change of pace. The druid is perfect for just this, since it gives you pretty much 4 options, 4 roles.

Besides, who could ever resist that female Tauren /moo?
11-27-09, 10:12 PM   #107
Kidun Ovo
A Murloc Raider

Hadouken!!!
11-27-09, 10:29 PM   #108
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gnome No idea why i picked it humans seemed boring and nightelves were a B**CH questing zone. Rogue well escape artist was realy epicly OP in pvp vanilla.
11-28-09, 11:25 AM   #109
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Just added a level 80 BE Paladin to my sig. What happened to my NE druid? Hit 39 and then decided I wanted to see the Horde levelling experience, as I'd never gotten a Horde character above 22. Sooo, I rolled Horde. Chose a paladin because I knew the class well, and because I REALLY enjoy Pally Tanking. Blood Elf because Cataclysm isn't out yet. *sigh* WTB TAUREN PALLIES! Zoomed up to 80, but now I understand the pain that is Barrens. Also, I realized that the Horde has a smoother levelling curve than Alliance does. Ohh, how I hate Redridge.
11-28-09, 07:06 PM   #110
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Because female undead priests are smoking if you don't look at the bones!
11-28-09, 08:13 PM   #111
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
My first char ever was Farara, started in Feb 07, got her to 70. I liked her alot and am very fond of paladins. I liked that they were different from other classes and I really liked the whole idea behind them. Back in BC I thought at the char select screen they were tough cause they could heal but they wielded a bit 2-h Mace but that soon disappated at max level cause retribution was more of lolret so I went holy. soon after, i stopped playing her and rerolled HORDE! My Paladin was Draenei

Behind getting a draenei - I was a noob and thought the racial was to have those orbs that revolved around them... soon I realized this was a shaman ability! Ha

I rerolled Horde, made a Tauren Druid, got her to 70 known as Ferous. She was my favorite class ever, I played her a long time. I love healing, she was resto and always was fond of healing. Picked tauren cause they were the only one that could be a druid >.>

Made a Rogue called Ferocity changed name to tutifruti and got a sex change as well! I planned on pvping so I made an undead cause of WotF. >.> I never did pvp with her. I always wanted a rogue but i didn't want to twink , i hate twinks! >.>

I then made my Mage. I always was fascinated by their array of dps spells. She was my first new char in Wrath although I got ferous to 80 first. Made a troll cause I never had a troll before

Soon after, I transferred her to alliance cause I picked back up Farara! She is now prot. And I leveled an NE Priest on the side cause I loved the Night ELves in Warcraft 3 and thus picking her I love healing as well, and Priests have such a huge arsenal of healing spells.

Another reason why I like healing so much is customizing my interface around healing! Yes ! long story, no TLDR! :P

-Ferous
12-07-09, 12:00 PM   #112
Sec
A Cyclonian

I play on a Roleplaying realm, and it seems many roleplayers pick race/class combinations not just for the racial abilities but also because of the potential for fleshing out a character.

Current Main: Female BE Warlock. I have played Affliction since she was created. Went with BE Warlock because the character comes from a family of seamstresses/tailors. She saw a relation between the complexity of Affliction (casting DoTs without clipping and general rotation) and how complex weaving cloth can be. She's great at both, having Tailoring as a tradeskill.

Female BE Hunter as an alt, currently level 62 and climbing thanks to flying mount accessible at level 60! My very first main was a female NE Hunter, back when MM was "the" spec. I'm leveling her as BM but may pick up MM as a secondary spec. Went with BE Hunter for sentimental values, though the character is a rather ragged individual having lived abroad.

When my Hunter hits 80, I'll resume working on my Female BE Paladin. Not much of a choice for race/class, but I wanted to play a class that could fill more than one role (Hunter/Warlock are DPS only). Of course, I also wanted to have a character that could wear heavy armor, since squishy Warlock is squishy. This Paladin is a bit conflicted with the changes that M'uru's absence brought, which may or may not be completely accurate to the Lore.
12-07-09, 12:50 PM   #113
Sec
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
Because female undead priests are smoking if you don't look at the bones!
Chinese WoW: no visible bones! I do wish Undead had this option at character customization for the US client.
12-10-09, 02:07 AM   #114
NyteShayde
A Murloc Raider
I have two humans and all the rest are Draenei.

Draenei, why?
-They are the most unique looking alliance race.
-Their +1% hit rating, it applies to absolutely everything.
-Racial Heeelzzz

Humans, why?
-...um, I got tired of draeneis.
xD
12-21-09, 06:58 AM   #115
Meepox
A Kobold Labourer
I started as Horde.
Choose Tauren all way through, except my pala wich i made Belf(duh?)
About 1 month ago i decided to go alliance - so i choosed human.
Mostly because all i do is PvP (And who wouldn't like a free trinket more reputation and stuff like that.
12-21-09, 09:43 AM   #116
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

All of my 80s are a different race/class.

My current main is a BE priest, and I chose Blood Elf because I already had an undead mage, and the no-shoe trolls bother me. Priest because that was my first WoW character that I enjoyed playing, so I wanted to make another, and I also wanted to make a healer. I've healed in several games, and I think it's a great role. Also, I made this priest after having two DPS as mains, and eventually I got tired of "LFM need healer!"
12-22-09, 07:13 PM   #117
rain321cz
A Murloc Raider
Talking me

Warrior, because i was big fan of old warrior's movie like Maydie.
Human, because my friend was on ally side and Maydie was human too. Then i changed human to orc. They look so badass
12-23-09, 08:10 PM   #118
alklein35
A Murloc Raider
Blood Elf Paladin / Priest

I chose my Blood Elf Paladin for very simple reasons. Paladin, because I figured it'd be good to have a starter class that I could tank, heal, or dps with in case I decided to change. Blood Elf because my brother got me started playing the game, and he was Horde on my server so I wanted to play with him, and Belfs are the only Horde Paladins.

My Blood Elf Priest, Blood Elf just because I'd made friends in the 1 1/2 years I played my pally, and wanted to keep playing with them. Priest because I wanted a range dpser that could occasionally heal. Everyone tells my pally he can't join raids cause they need range dps, so I need my Priest

01-03-10, 12:54 PM   #119
rileysdad99
A Murloc Raider

My first toon was a female human rogue. I liked it ok, but was missing something. Next rolled up a NE hunter. He was cool, and i liked playing him. Now, I'm all about the gnome warlock. I haven't had this much fun in WOW since I discovered that I don't have to rez with the spirit at the GY every time I died. (Man, did I spend alot in repairs!)
01-03-10, 04:12 PM   #120
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I picked a blood elf because they were my favorite race back in The Frozen Throne, and a hunter because, well... they can have cats as pets! I'm a total cat person. Soon I fell in love with the gameplay as well. I've tried other classes and even managed to get my highest level alt to 75 (a paladin), but they just don't appeal to me as much as hunters do.

I miss my cat, though. Damn wolves.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Why did you pick your race and class?