08-05-09, 03:09 PM   #1
Annyonne
An Aku'mai Servant
Quest shading disappears

I haven't quested since 3.2, but my wife is having issues with quest shading.

She has the minimap hiding the Carbonite map, auto-zoom enabled. When she gets a lvl 1-10 Nelf quest, the shading appears. As she approaches the quest area; the shading, waypoint, and tracking arrow disappear.

The shadings stay if she turns off "auto track quests" or opens the large map.

08-05-09, 10:59 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"She has the minimap hiding the Carbonite map"
What does that mean?

"As she approaches the quest area; the shading, waypoint, and tracking arrow disappear."
Never heard of that or I don't get what you mean.

Try using 3.21.
Try it with all other addons disabled.

Can you post a screenshot?

08-06-09, 01:27 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

If I understand it right, it means the Blizzard minimap is integrated into the Carbonite map, thus "hiding" the portion of the Carb map that it occupies.

As for the second part, it sounds somewhat similar to the zone color for the currently tracked quest, if it's normal when the quest isn't tracked.

08-06-09, 08:54 PM   #4
Annyonne
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
"She has the minimap hiding the Carbonite map"
What does that mean?
Minimap is integrated with the carbonite map. "Fullscreen" box is checked. "Autozoom" is on.

"As she approaches the quest area; the shading, waypoint, and tracking arrow disappear."
Never heard of that or I don't get what you mean.
The "TomTom" arrow with objective text appears when she accepts the quest. The map is shaded with the quest area. The "ant trail" of path arrows shows up pointing to the shaded quest area.

The problem is that as she approaches, the minimap zooms in... then stops, zooms out, and the quest indicators listed above disappear.

Try using 3.21.
Try it with all other addons disabled.

Can you post a screenshot?
I saw that earlier via Minion. I will ensure she updates as well and let you know if the problem persists.

08-11-09, 11:37 AM   #5
Annyonne
An Aku'mai Servant
Still having issues after update

Click image for larger version

Name:	CarbAni.gif
Views:	206
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	3164

Here's a gif of what is happening. Autozoom is enabled.

During these pictures, she had quest tracking off for the first screenshot. Then she enabled quest tracking and took pictures as the map zoomed in. Her character did not move during these pictures.

At other times, the auto zoom is significantly further away and works fine... until her character gets too close. There is some threshold where the zoom becomes too close and quest tracking is disabled.

It is possible the information was hidden by the minimap. If so, I don't know what settings to use to fix the problem

08-14-09, 11:31 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The final frame of the animation looks like the minimap is filling the whole Carb map.

The Minimap "Full Size" checkbox should be off.

Try right clicking a non icon area of Carb map, select Minimap and check if the "Docked Scale" slider is set to .4. A large number would cause that.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest shading disappears