06-21-08, 10:01 AM   #1
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement

nUI has been in public release for several weeks now on two of the "other" WoW mod sites. I'd love to invite you to have a look at it and provide feedback.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=9108

Feel free to contact me here or via the comments section on my mod page. I'll look forward to hearing from you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI_Key_Features.jpg
Views:	19187
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	1764  Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI_Example1_Combat.jpg
Views:	11363
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	1765  Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI_Example2_OutOfCombat.jpg
Views:	10734
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	1766  

06-21-08, 10:15 AM   #2
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

looks neat, i'll give it a try once it's approved

06-21-08, 01:42 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Nice looking UI. What raid frames do you use, or if custom, what do they look like?

06-21-08, 02:46 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

All of the unit frames are custom using a single code base for all units. In fact, the entire UI is custom code. No third party mods or dependencies.

The raid frames are very simple. Player name, health, mana at present. However, all units are configurable once I get the basic functionality complete and code the options panels.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 06-21-08 at 02:48 PM.

06-21-08, 03:34 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is pretty cool. I couldn't use it, but it's cool you managed you fit everything into one addon, and just under 1mb (as a zip file).

Good job.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

06-21-08, 03:54 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Dreadlord... Thanks for the kind word. Was there a particular reason why "I can't use it" ??

08-28-08, 03:54 PM   #7
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Nice looking UI
Really? Different strokes, I guess. I can't understand how anyone can play with that much stuff on screen.

I have 201 addons installed, but nearly none of them dis[;ay anything on the screen. Sure, Omen comes up when I'm grouped, and sometimes I put up a quest tracked, but other than a single Fubar at the top (20 pixels) and an 80 pixel band at the bottom for two chat windows and 4 rows of 12 buttons, my screen is basically all game. I do play widescreenaand use viewport to give me the 'safe' areas for fubar and my buttons and chat but I prefer UIs that are super clean.

I thin the default UI is too cluttered. I even have autobar and some other bars set to fade to 0%.

08-28-08, 04:03 PM   #8
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Ezarra --

You are absolutely correct... it is a pure matter of personal taste. Some people like an empty UI, some people want every bit of information they can get their hands on. Some people want one button they can use to cast 200 different spells from using nothing but an endless array of varying key combinations while others want 200 keys on their UI. Some people want a 3x3 pixel box to turn 50 different shades of pink to tell them whether or noth they are this, that or the other thing, someone else wants a stream of messages across the screen in agonizing detail.

So what's the point of debating it? Neither side is right or wrong... it's just their personal preference. If you want to use 200 mods you can't see to do things you don't know they're doing because you can't see them doing it, good for you. Others feel differently.

Of course, in time, you could use one mod to do those 200 different things for you that you don't see... you would just have to reskin it. But that's another conversation.

In any case... I appreciate you expressing your opinion.

Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
Really? Different strokes, I guess. I can't understand how anyone can play with that much stuff on screen.

I have 201 addons installed, but nearly none of them dis[;ay anything on the screen. Sure, Omen comes up when I'm grouped, and sometimes I put up a quest tracked, but other than a single Fubar at the top (20 pixels) and an 80 pixel band at the bottom for two chat windows and 4 rows of 12 buttons, my screen is basically all game. I do play widescreenaand use viewport to give me the 'safe' areas for fubar and my buttons and chat but I prefer UIs that are super clean.

I thin the default UI is too cluttered. I even have autobar and some other bars set to fade to 0%.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-28-08, 04:46 PM   #9
FluffyCow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Great job on the redesign. I'm just waiting on FuBar/Titan support to be added back in(unless you put it back in in 2.0.2 or whatever teh latest version is called). It seems less laggy in AV(it used to "click", like freeze for a split second, then I'd "teleport" a few steps forward, but my framerate was never low; almost like the UI was garbage-collecting or something), and I like the feel of it a bit better(though getting used to the new button placement being vertical and not horizontal is wierd; I have keybindings but still click for some reason, lol). Keep up the good work, man. Watching this develop is inspiring me to go get a book on LUA and actually learn to code LUA(and maybe even go back to school for software development, lol).

06-22-08, 01:12 PM   #10
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Awesome

I wanted to thank you for this UI. It is not to large it is actually perfect. Gives great use of action bars and maps. I am going to add 1 little add on at a time ( like one bag ) and some others i like to use ( tradeskill ) and see how it interacts with them. One thing though i do have a problem with. I miss my quest cup, spell/skill book and talent buttons. Is there a way to get those back?

V/r
Belszy

06-22-08, 01:30 PM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Thank you, Belszy, for the kind word as well.

Originally Posted by Belszy View Post
I miss my quest cup, spell/skill book and talent buttons. Is there a way to get those back?
As I explained in my e-mail reply to you, those items are there... it's just that by default they "fade away" when not in use. If you pay attention, when nUI first loads there is a console displayed in the center of the top edge of your screen. That console contains the micro-menu (the buttons you are looking for) as well at the latency bar and the frame rate meter. About 15 seconds after you enter the world, that frame fades away and is hidden from view.

If you mouse over the console, it will reappear and you can use the buttons as you normally would. If you prefer that the console be visible all the time, you can use the command "/nui console show" to disable the fade feature. You can use "/nui console fade" to turn that feature back on.

If you happen to be using Titan Bars and/or Fubar, then you may not notice the console at the top of your screen. If that's the case, you can move it down by using the command "/nui yofs2 {n}" where {n} is some number greater than zero. The larger {n} is, the further down the console will move. You'll find something around "/nui yofs2 24" is about right to move the console down one Titan Bar.

As a matter of record, you can use "/nui yofs {n}" to move the bottom dashboard up the screen to allow for Titan Bars and Fubar Bars at the bottom of your screen.

06-22-08, 02:19 PM   #12
eloora
A Fallenroot Satyr

Even though I predict the bottom dashboard might be a bit bulky for my tastes, I must say I'm impressed with what I see and am going to give this UI a try later today.

I just have one preliminary question...can the opacity of the dashboard graphic be adjusted?

07-23-08, 10:43 AM   #13
gerhold
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Very well done UI

First - Thank you for this very well done UI - works like a charm!

Gerhold

Last edited by gerhold : 07-23-08 at 10:47 AM.

07-26-08, 06:36 AM   #14
Fyro
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up Amazing.

Amazing. Thank u so much for your work. I am in no need anymore for a huge list of addons. Your interface is what the orignal interface should be like.

My compliments !!!!!

07-26-08, 09:07 AM   #15
Coolit
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Still enjoying it :)

Hi,

I'm still loving your UI, its fantastic!

I've found a bug in the party frame (I think), if I right click on a group member in the party list and try to bring up the sub menu for trade etc.. I receive the following error, and subsequent debug info:-

Date: 2008-07-26 15:49:39
ID: 8
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Usage: UnitIsConnected("unit")
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: UnitIsConnected()
..\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:567:
..\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:373
[C]: UnitPopup_HideButtons()
..\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:168: UnitPopup_ShowMenu()
nUI\Units\nUI_Unit.lua:1610: updateUnitPopup()
nUI\Units\nUI_Unit.lua:207: initFunction()
..\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:54: UIDropDownMenu_Initialize()
..\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:691:
..\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:568
nUI\Units\nUI_Unit.lua:970: func()
..\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:363: SecureActionButton_OnClick()
..\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:401: SecureUnitButton_OnClick()
[string "*:OnClick"]:1:
[string "*:OnClick"]:1
AddOns:
Atlas, v1.12.0
AtlasBattlegrounds, v1.12.0
AtlasDungeonLocs, v1.12.0
AtlasFlightPaths, v1.12.0
AtlasOutdoorRaids, v1.12.0
AtlasLoot, vAtlasLoot Enhanced v4.06.02
AtlasLootBCInstances, v4.05.00
AucAdvanced, v5.0.PRE.3262
AucFilterBasic, v5.0.PRE.3262 (BillyGoat)
AucStatClassic, v5.0.PRE.3262 (BillyGoat)
AucStatPurchased, v5.0.PRE.3262 (BillyGoat)
AucStatSimple, v5.0.PRE.3262 (BillyGoat)
AucStatStdDev, v5.0.PRE.3262 (BillyGoat)
Auctioneer, v5.0.PRE.3262
BeanCounter, v5.0.PRE.3262 (BillyGoat)
Cartographer, vr78027
ChatMOD, v118
Enchantrix, v5.0.PRE.3262
EnchantrixBarker, v5.0.PRE.3262 (BillyGoat)
EnhTooltip, v5.0.PRE.3262
Informant, v5.0.PRE.3262
KLHThreatMeter, v21.14
MobInfo2, v3.61
nUI, v1.08.00 (beta)
Omen, vOmen r74823 / Threat-2.0 r77728
OneBag, v2.0.55081
QuestHelper, v0.48
Recount, v78600
Stubby, v93
Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3262
WIM, v2.4.15
I noticed this problem in the previous version also but I was waiting to see if anyone else reported it as it seems pretty important I also seem to have the same problem brining up that menu if I highlight the user and right click on their name on the main UI to the near right of the central mini map.

Thanks for a great UI

Edit: OK I've tested further and it seems that the menu works as expected if the person is NOT in the party, as soon as they join the party the menu doesn't work.

Last edited by Coolit : 07-26-08 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Update

07-26-08, 11:01 AM   #16
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Coolit --

This is actually a bug in Bliz's code which I have already filed a report on. I'm working on trying to find a workaround to it.

Originally Posted by Coolit View Post
Hi,

I'm still loving your UI, its fantastic!

I've found a bug in the party frame (I think), if I right click on a group member in the party list and try to bring up the sub menu for trade etc.. I receive the following error, and subsequent debug info:-

I noticed this problem in the previous version also but I was waiting to see if anyone else reported it as it seems pretty important I also seem to have the same problem brining up that menu if I highlight the user and right click on their name on the main UI to the near right of the central mini map.

Thanks for a great UI

Edit: OK I've tested further and it seems that the menu works as expected if the person is NOT in the party, as soon as they join the party the menu doesn't work.

07-26-08, 11:13 AM   #17
Coolit
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Coolit --

This is actually a bug in Bliz's code which I have already filed a report on. I'm working on trying to find a workaround to it.
Ahh ok, thanks for letting me know

I realise that your putting most of your effort into Raid features atm, but I'd like to request that you integrate armor durability similar to the durability module that's available with Titan.

07-26-08, 11:18 AM   #18
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Coolit View Post
Ahh ok, thanks for letting me know

I realise that your putting most of your effort into Raid features atm, but I'd like to request that you integrate armor durability similar to the durability module that's available with Titan.
A full function durability panel is already on the to-do list. We were just talking about it last week as I recall... so... your wish is my command ~smile~

07-26-08, 11:02 AM   #19
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Thank you for the kind word Fyro

Originally Posted by Fyro View Post
Amazing. Thank u so much for your work. I am in no need anymore for a huge list of addons. Your interface is what the orignal interface should be like.

My compliments !!!!!

07-28-08, 10:55 AM   #20
Lockheart
A Defias Bandit
Warrior Stances - aaaaaaaahh

At first glance when i saw a picture of this UI i loved it, instantly got it and downloaded and when i got into the game, started sorting out the action bars i found when i change stances on my 70 warrior, the bars dont change. I remove a spell in battle stance, its removed in defensive and beserker stance.

This is probably a silly post and there is a logical answer to it but i cant find it

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement