03-13-11, 02:01 AM   #1
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I hate nameplates.

Am I the only one who hates nameplates?

They seem to totally get in the way for me, are non-intuitive to what they're attached to or what data they're displaying, and just make everything 'ugly'. It's like having a bunch of bees all up in my face.

But I've seen them used to great effect.

Am I the only one who hates them, and finds they just get in the way?

-Crissa
03-13-11, 03:45 AM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't like using them either, I actually unbound the toggle function in the keybindings because I kept accidentally hitting it, lol
03-13-11, 04:23 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I'm not a huge fan of them but i did find that when I'm tanking it helps quite a bit in conjunction with a good name plate addon. Generally one that colors and/or resizes by threat.

My tank is the only toon i use them on. They drive me nuts otherwise.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
03-13-11, 04:59 AM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I can't play without nameplates. You need to see how much health every mob/player has to get your targeting/CC/threat regen right.

Of course, like with most things, the default look is ugly so you have to change that.
03-13-11, 09:13 AM   #5
Psychoholic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I can't play without them...

I always have them enabled, in pvp and pve. And when I'm healing I enable nameplates for both enemies and friends. It clutters the screen a little bit, but I can't play otherwise

Also, i only like the blizzard nameplates. I can't use nameplate-addons. They don't feel right
03-13-11, 12:00 PM   #6
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

I like them but, when i comes to do them its a pain, some things you can't just do ;<
03-13-11, 04:22 PM   #7
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
I don't like using them either, I actually unbound the toggle function in the keybindings because I kept accidentally hitting it, lol
Me too!

I'd love to have all the targets or mobs gathered in a list, but I don't know an addon that does that. I just have to count for tanking... I've never let anything slip, though.

Just, when there's nameplates up, they're all buzzing about and never sit still and often give me information I already have on the sides of my screen (target, group, raid) or information I don't care about (allies' pets, critters, etc).

If the nameplates would stack on the side like the group frame, I'd be all over it. Maybe with little lines leading to their titles...

-Crissa
03-13-11, 05:17 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You should probably try eNameplates. You can blacklist mobs etc that you don't care about.

I use to hate nameplates, until these. It's nice to have nameplates that are actually useful.
03-15-11, 07:59 AM   #9
Blacksen
A Defias Bandit
I hated them initially, but they're absolutely essential to hardcore raiding.

You get used to them. Now I love them.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » I hate nameplates.