02-08-10, 11:24 AM   #1
tkoreaper
Premium Member
Premium Member
Remix Ui

Does anyone still have it? Could you be so kind as to upload it somewhere and provide the link. Thanks.
02-08-10, 11:43 AM   #2
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Amenity has decided to leave this site, the Remix UI is not on any of the major addon websites.
According to this post he is working on getting the UI up at another location.
02-08-10, 11:53 AM   #3
tkoreaper
Premium Member
Premium Member
I understand that, but seeing as I just recently restored my computer. I lost the UI =( So if anyone still has it and can upload it somewhere via mediafire, rapidshare, ect. I will be eternally grateful.
02-08-10, 11:59 AM   #4
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I would try emailing him at the address he mentions in the post I linked.
02-08-10, 12:32 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I am not sure if this was you that asked, but... According to Amenity in post #25... http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=2#25
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-08-10, 01:03 PM   #6
tkoreaper
Premium Member
Premium Member
Which is exactly why I'm asking someone to upload it for me if they have it. I had it and loved it, but I installed a fresh version of windows only to find out that the UI no longer is hosted here >.<
02-08-10, 01:21 PM   #7
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Amenity don't want people to host it, neither to use it I think.
02-08-10, 01:55 PM   #8
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
I was talking to Amenity ingame, and I almost have permission to remake it, as I like to continue compilations

Talking more about it later, and I will let you guys know.
02-08-10, 01:57 PM   #9
tkoreaper
Premium Member
Premium Member
Awesome! Thanks, hopefully soon! I'm lost without this amazing UI.
02-08-10, 03:31 PM   #10
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i could use the REMIX ui for resolution reason but I absolutely love the RantTooltip_Remix style and hope it stays updated somewhere
02-08-10, 04:34 PM   #11
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by MadCow View Post
i could use the REMIX ui for resolution reason but I absolutely love the RantTooltip_Remix style and hope it stays updated somewhere
Amenity's AddOn site is here: http://amenity.yolasite.com/
02-08-10, 04:40 PM   #12
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Amenity wanted me to post this (In no way am I stating that I am affiliated with Amenity's statement, basically, this is their opinion, not mine and I don't want to condone nor go against anyone, I AM NEUTRAL! )

Ok, apparently since that whole Bill Clinton thing people have difficulty understanding words like "is" and "no". So, let me clear this up once and for all in very plain language coming directly from the source.

One of the addon authors involved with REMIX determined that he no longer wanted his addon to be redistributed by me. Unfortunately this particular addon is one that in my opinion cannot be replaced and still maintain an acceptable level of quality for the UI (and it would require a TON of work). This author is completely within his rights to deny me the use of his work as he sees fit, and though I admit I'm not happy about the situation I respect his wishes and will uphold them down to the last byte of code.

As for the graphical items relating to REMIX, those are completely in my control and I am currently working on an arrangement to have my bar textures and panel graphics (including about 6 new ones I made for the massive revision I was working on) distributed through someone else's artwork collection. I will personally be releasing an archive of the original .PSD-format graphics once I've cleaned them up a bit (they still contain layers that have the old bar textures in them, which are Everlu's).

And finally, I don't care if people who previously downloaded my UI use it. You're "Grandfathered in", as they say. My problem is with the people who are currently "bootlegging" my UI against both my wishes and against an agreement I made with a 3rd party. My credibility and reputation are destroyed enough without you "helping", thank you very much.

Now pay attention. This is the LAST time I'm saying this:

I will not release this UI. Period. Not for anyone, not even the Pope. There is precisely one official copy of REMIX, and it's on an 8gb SD card on my desk. Good luck.
I will not release any configuration files for any of the addons used in the UI.
I will not accept gifts or money in exchange for any part of the UI, and any email containing the word "paypal" is hitting my Recycle Bin (6 so far...quit trying).
I will not tell you who the addon author is. If you want someone to blame, I'm right here.
Do NOT upload the UI anywhere for any reason, ever. At least have the guts to stab me in the front.

If you have anything else you want to say to me, say it to [email protected]. And lest I sound harsh, I do appreciate the few emails I've gotten from respectful people and I thank them for their kind words (and occasional critique).

Now for the love of God, can you shut the hell up about this?

-Ame
Now... This is Ame's quote, not mine. But I was nice enough to state this, as a last word for REMIX and I don't ... want to get in trouble for posting this I just wanted to do this for Ame out of respect to Remix to just clarify this Forum Post...

I will not direct anything more from Ame to here, if you have questions, please email Ame, listed in above quote!

Thank you! And have a great afternoon/evening

-Ferous

edit - I'm not Amenity... If. Someone thinks that lol. Correspondence through Emails. Nothing less nothing more

Last edited by Ferous : 02-08-10 at 04:42 PM. Reason: edit for clarification
02-08-10, 07:49 PM   #13
tkoreaper
Premium Member
Premium Member
I wish Ame would just come out and say which addon it is and what it does. There are those of us that would like to help and if it's within our limits to produce a similar addon then we can help speed up the process of getting this issue solved. I really don't understand what Ame is afraid of to keep him/her from telling us. It's like he/she says "My credibility and reputation are destroyed enough".
02-08-10, 08:09 PM   #14
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Ame wouldn't even tell me who it was, so yeah... :O I'm curious as well but I can only ask so many times lol
02-08-10, 10:00 PM   #15
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

There's a good reason why she's not telling us and I don't blame her for it. With respect to the situation, she's withholding this information because 'I believe' it's as to not incite further issues with this Author's issues in the add on they've made being distributed in the work. So why not just let it be and move on? The Authors to their respective works should have the right not to be known, and it should honestly be left at that.

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
02-08-10, 10:06 PM   #16
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Landrell View Post
There's a good reason why she's not telling us and I don't blame her for it. With respect to the situation, she's withholding this information because 'I believe' it's as to not incite further issues with this Author's issues in the add on they've made being distributed in the work. So why not just let it be and move on? The Authors to their respective works should have the right not to be known, and it should honestly be left at that.
I agree. As much as I'd like to know, it shouldn't be put in the air because it will then cause drama between other people (that care about this) with that particular addon and the author.... And, I know Ame is upset but I don't think Ame wants anything to happen perse to the Author themselves, so leaving it blank and not telling anyone anything, is better than putting the finger on someone else, or stating who the author was, bla bla bla....

you get the idea I'm rambling. >.>
02-08-10, 11:13 PM   #17
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Yeah, just all in all this whole situation and kinda keeping tabs on it sas left a very bad taste in my mouth. I don't know why this has amongst all other things that could happen. Guessing due to circumstances and rules/policies/guidelines/stipulations/etc., it's kinda silly in the end when people put so much 'emphasis' on the, "What's mine is MINE!" mentality. To me I guess it just feels like it's no longer about the community and all about the 'what's in it for me' thought. And I honestly hate seeing that considering this is a game that we lavish with such care and creativity and do so in the add ons and UI's that we create. And please don't take me seriously or what I say at face value. Not everyone sees what they do and what others do in this light, it just has become one of the many facets that have stood out more to me than anything in my time of doing graphics and modding my own UI.

My apologies if I'm off on a tangent, it's just a personal observation and opinion from this ol' mind of mine :P.

But thank you Ferous, for keeping us in the loop on Ame. I'd really hate to see her get abashed and just give up entirely on her work because of a simple difference of understandings between her and those around her.

Last edited by Landrell : 02-08-10 at 11:18 PM.
02-08-10, 11:46 PM   #18
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
That wasn't the case entirely. ** I don't know who it was, so don't ask **
The thing that was upsetting towards Ame, is that its a very popular AddOn and most Compilations come with it, and they revoked Amenity's rights to use it only, not everyones.

Again, I don't know who it was or what AddOn it was, so I don't really have much more to say about it.

Anyway, I'm done! I shall not speak no more in this thread unless its about... Something else

-Ferous
02-09-10, 12:27 AM   #19
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

this thread is now about Cats in silly hats!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cat-kitten-with-silly-hat-dancing-animated-1-DHD.gif
Views:	625
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	3958  

02-09-10, 02:25 AM   #20
tkoreaper
Premium Member
Premium Member
If I had to guess, it's probably Stuf Unit Frames since it's a big part of the UI and it's also being modified from it's original to achieve Remix's look.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Remix Ui