12-10-09, 02:30 AM   #1
NyteShayde
A Murloc Raider
I think I may be losing my mind.

First and foremost, to all those authors and moderators and admins,

-I follow directions.
-I read up as much as I can
-I've searched high and low.

I know that this is mostly my own fault, and I take full responsibility for being stupid enough to unravel the settings of the UI's I download,

but how come no one ever explains how to go from the kind of addon screen-vomit from StuF to the nice, polished. Mazzle-esque unit frames [With the vertical health and power bars, and centered target//player portrait.]

Every search of "StuF tutorial" ends up with nothing.

Basically, I want my ui to be as close to Mazzle or ArkiveUI's was,
but my resolution is 1025x768. And I'm pretty sure it's not widescreen.

And, before you ask "Wait, you take UI's and unravel them?" Sort of, only when it comes to unitframes. GeminiUI has served me well, but since it's not been updated yet, I tried GrimUI.

Holy crap, it was just too much. I would've stayed with GrimUI had there been an obvious button, somewhere that said "Hey! is your UI screwed up? click this button to drag those unit frames to where you want them!" But for the life of me, I couldn't find it and the red-and-yellow color scheme made my eyes water.

So, here are my actual questions.

-How do I go about editing unit frames so that they have vertical health and power bars, with a centered portrait?
-Has anyone made a tweakable addon that is JUST those unitframes with their settings already configured to look like the Mazzle frames?

Is it possible to find something like that, download it, and not have to worry about it ever again?

Am I making any sense?
12-10-09, 04:41 AM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

Have you seen GrimUI?
12-10-09, 05:34 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately Nyte, GrimUI so far has been the only addon I have seen that comes close to resurrecting the Mazzle feel.

As to how you can create that effect yourself, as far as I am aware you would have to learn how to create secure frames to store the unit frame information and create each individual frame element and size and position it as you see fit. Several years back I had a dabble with it but then I saw nUI and went with that as it did what I wanted whereas the fancy unit frames were just something that would have looked cool.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
12-10-09, 10:54 AM   #4
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The red and yellow color scheme? hmm what are you talking about exactly? Discord Unit Frames or DUF is what is used to control the char life and mana bars and all that stuff. type /duf to mess with the settings for that.

You can easily drag and/or resize the DUF unit frames via its settings if your careful. And rearrange them in the allotted spaces in any screen size. Im working on that easy mode button... that says hey my screen is fouled up fix it. Its not as easy as you would think to make an entire compilation set it self up. You can download older versions of the UI and get the WTF files to make it setup. DUF should setup on first load for certain people with a certain screen size. Also te only window, if things worked properly, that would be messed up are the party frames. your chars unit frame should be just fine in any resolution. The target window is fouled to.

Ive adjusted them though on other screen sizes and made it all fit proper and look right so it can be done. You just need to mess with the DUF settings. Im looking into making the unit frames part of the core of GrimUI but thats a major undertaking and im still not completely sure what im going to do about making those windows resize according to screen resolution.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » I think I may be losing my mind.