11-17-06, 02:08 PM   #1
MartinL
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
UI that once allowed you to make routs to run

A loong time ago, there was a UI where you could put down markers, for like if you run from Duskwood, to BB, you could put markers on the path, and next time you wanted to run the distance, you could simple press the BB marker, and press go, it would then follow the markers you once put down, and you wad in bb even when you was afk.

I forgot about this UI caus it went out of date, but for some time now i have looed for it, but without any luck. Is it still out there or did it end as trash caus blizzard changed something?

It was realy cool, caus f you was heading for SM or some, you dident have to sit and manualy run the same distance like 3-4 times a day, or wher ever way you run ofthen, it realy saved me time.

So any 1 know if it exist, or is it possible to make it again?

Thx.
11-17-06, 02:14 PM   #2
Barras
A Fallenroot Satyr
Botting isn't allowed so even if this is still possible most decent addon hosting sites won't make them available. Pretty sure the functions used in most auto-move addons were removed/patched by Blizz some months ago.

Edit: May also be an account suspension if you were caught using anything like this.
11-17-06, 02:21 PM   #3
MartinL
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Barras
Botting isn't allowed so even if this is still possible most decent addon hosting sites won't make them available. Pretty sure the functions used in most auto-move addons were removed/patched by Blizz some months ago.

Edit: May also be an account suspension if you were caught using anything like this.
Hmm, just thought it was allowed, since it was a popular UI back a year ago, i even believe it was on Blizzards own website under the UI there. And then there was as far as i know nothing illegal about it then. Sinc it was not a program you ran by side of WoW, but it was a UI like everything else.
11-17-06, 02:25 PM   #4
Gryphon
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If it is entirely done by addon, it is legal. However, it is correct that the game can no longer do this, Blizzard removed the ability.
11-17-06, 02:27 PM   #5
MartinL
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gryphon
If it is entirely done by addon, it is legal. However, it is correct that the game can no longer do this, Blizzard removed the ability.
Yeah was what i figured since i couldent find it anymore, but just to bee sure i thought i would ask here
11-17-06, 06:11 PM   #6
phukkitt
A Theradrim Guardian

Wouldn't it be possible to do this using the "Click-to-move"-function?
11-17-06, 06:26 PM   #7
Gryphon
An Aku'mai Servant
No, it wouldn't.
11-19-06, 09:50 AM   #8
Shamino
A Theradrim Guardian
The addon was called AutoTravel, best addon ever. Unfortunately now prevented since any movement based API's were protected from being called, even with hardware events.

It went through several iterations, but I'm sad to say I have not seen any working version of it in a very long time.

It would be so nice if blizz could implement, or allow this is a secure way.
ie.. creating way points that you can connect together to form a travel path, and then auto follow the path. Any combat or other interaction could be dis-allowed in this mode, and if you did enter combat etc... the autofollow would be turned off.

Bliz reponse in the past was it was against the spirit of the game... not sure what that means..
11-19-06, 08:59 PM   #9
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Shamino
Bliz reponse in the past was it was against the spirit of the game... not sure what that means..
It means you walk your butt for 5 minutes everytime you need to do Kargath to BRM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » UI that once allowed you to make routs to run