04-02-06, 06:22 AM   #1
K.Rool
A Murloc Raider

Stutter on poison-proc....

I'm having quite some problem since 1.10. And I'm sure it's addon-related, since when I disable all, it stops, but I have yet despite tons of work been unable to track it to a specific addon:

Whenever the inventory changes, which sadly includes a poison proccing (#charges gets decreased) or the Firestone on my Warlock renewing, my game does a ~0.2s pause. Doesn't sound too bad, but if you're using 2 fast daggers with SnD on a Rogue with double-poison, it becomes a slideshow at best, nearly unplayable.

Anyways got experience with this problem?
04-02-06, 07:50 AM   #2
K.Rool
A Murloc Raider

If I disable all addons, it goes away. If I turn just a handful on, it comes back, and I can find absolutely no indication as to which addon causes this... *meh*

This is getting on me nerves enough to 100% stop using poisons on my rogue, makes the game nearly unplayable. As is using a Firestone on a Warlock
04-03-06, 09:39 AM   #3
K.Rool
A Murloc Raider

I used FireShow to find out what triggers the stutter. Whenever inventory changes, Bag_Update goes off, Inventory_Update does, as do Factions_Update and Player_Aura_Updates.

One of them must be hooked in such a way that the game freezes each time it is called. Problem is, as I said: there seems to be absolutely no addon causing it, just the "addons in general".

As soon as I turn ~5-10 addons on, no matter which, the effect comes back. Without, it's all fine...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Stutter on poison-proc....