08-07-09, 09:06 PM   #1
danoobish
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite file problems

I have downloaded the file and extracted it to the wow addons file with all my other addons and i run Curse Clien and Wow Matrix for my addons but they dont have carbonite so i have to install manually but everytime i do it the file does no show up on wow... im not sure whats wrong any help will be much appreciated

thanks =]

08-08-09, 09:08 AM   #2
Naunet
A Defias Bandit
I've had the same problem. I've redownloaded Carbonite at least 10 times now and extracted it to the appropriate folder, but I've found two problems. First, the download is nothing more than TGA files; I don't know if this is supposed to be correct, but my partner said there should be three Carbonite folders in the file. Second, even though I've extract everything in the download to my addons folder, it does not show up in the addon list in WoW and will not load in my UI.

Help would be greatly appreciated! I find myself at a loss as to questing without this addon!

08-10-09, 04:07 PM   #3
47r0n1n
A Murloc Raider
I am also having the same issue. I have the three folders in my WoW addon folder but nothing in the in game addon list and nothing load once I am in WoW proper which is not a surprise since it is not in the list in the first place.

08-10-09, 04:59 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What is the full path to Carbonite.toc, CarboniteTransfer.toc and also CarboniteNodes.toc?

Did it look like this (correct):

Interface\Addons\Carbonite
Interface\Addons\CarboniteNodes
Interface\Addons\CarboniteTransfer

Or this (incorrect):

Interface\Addons\Carbonite-3.21\Carbonite
Interface\Addons\Carbonite-3.21\CarboniteNodes
Interface\Addons\Carbonite-3.21\CarboniteTransfer

08-12-09, 09:44 PM   #5
Thalestris
A Kobold Labourer

Generally wow matrix and curse simply get in the way, since most good addons let you know when they are updated (like Carbonite) and are simple to install manually when you dont have curse or wowmatrix

That said I JUST downloaded and installed the latest carbonite version and right after I clicked yes to combining the mini-map I got a fatal condition error because one of the game files could not be read. Same error that brought me here looking for a new version in the first place. Oh well! Bet they will have it all fixed up soon.

Last edited by Thalestris : 08-12-09 at 09:48 PM.

08-13-09, 01:35 PM   #6
Naunet
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
What is the full path to Carbonite.toc, CarboniteTransfer.toc and also CarboniteNodes.toc?

Did it look like this (correct):

Interface\Addons\Carbonite
Interface\Addons\CarboniteNodes
Interface\Addons\CarboniteTransfer

Or this (incorrect):

Interface\Addons\Carbonite-3.21\Carbonite
Interface\Addons\Carbonite-3.21\CarboniteNodes
Interface\Addons\Carbonite-3.21\CarboniteTransfer
It sort of looks like the first one. The difference is, I only have those three folders with the old version of Carbonite. Every time I redownload the new version and extract it to the Addons folder, I just get a mess of individual files, no folders. And Carbonite is still not showing up in game. D: Help!

08-13-09, 07:17 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Naunet View Post
It sort of looks like the first one. The difference is, I only have those three folders with the old version of Carbonite. Every time I redownload the new version and extract it to the Addons folder, I just get a mess of individual files, no folders. And Carbonite is still not showing up in game. D: Help!
If all you get is a set of standalone files, no folders, then something is going wrong with the extraction. I would try 7zip if it is indeed issues with your extraction program. I've used them forever and never had an issue.

Here is their homepage also:
http://www.7-zip.org/

08-15-09, 02:55 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The extractor must be set to make folders. Some will let you disable folder creation.

Since day one we have been using 7zip to make the zip file.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite file problems