10-16-10, 05:17 AM   #1
Iamex
A Defias Bandit
NUI mage dashboard skin

I'm having problems getting the mage skin to work. It shows up in my directory but not in the game where i can enable it. I've tested a few other skins and this is the only one not working. I'm figuring there must be a bug where WoW doesn't recognize it for you to be to enable it in game. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Iamex

10-16-10, 06:42 AM   #2
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Sounds to me like you extracted it incorrectly and [mistakenly] made a subfolder within your AddOns directory and unzipped the files into that (i.e. you have the directory path for the mage skin looking something like "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MageSkin\nUI-Mage") when it should look more like "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\nUI-Mage".

That's the only thing I can think of it being if you cannot enable it in-game.

10-17-10, 03:57 AM   #3
Iamex
A Defias Bandit
Thanks Shadow for the insight but thats not the problem.
Here's the link from which i downloaded the mod. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...boardSkin.html. All i did was the usual and unzipped the mod into my wow directory which is D:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\nUI-Mage. Every other skin I've tried has worked just fine. This is the only one I'm having a problem with. Any help would be appreciated. I would really like to try this askin out it looked cool as hell.

Thanks,
Iamex

10-17-10, 07:49 AM   #4
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Exclamation

After some testing on my own part, it appears the situation isn't as cut-n-dry as I thought it was.

It appears as though ANY of the skins that were recently released (after the 4.0.1 patch was rolled out are doing the same thing (at least the handful that I picked out to test with). However, any of the older skins do appear to be usable in the game's eyes (i.e. they do show up in the AddOns list in-game). I, for example, like the IronLeather skin, but have to check the 'Load Out of date' box for it to work.

So this is telling me that Scott (the author of nUI) may need to address this situation.

10-17-10, 07:52 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure what the issue may be there... I'm going to have to look into it.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-17-10, 08:37 AM   #6
Iamex
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the quick replies. This is just one of the reasons why nUI is the best.

10-18-10, 03:55 AM   #7
Merianna
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Iamex View Post
I'm having problems getting the mage skin to work. It shows up in my directory but not in the game where i can enable it. I've tested a few other skins and this is the only one not working. I'm figuring there must be a bug where WoW doesn't recognize it for you to be to enable it in game. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Iamex
The problem is if u look at the folder names of that skin is that its called Nui-mage
instead it should be Nui_mage - that fixed the problem for me to get it working, its the slash that is wrong - right _

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » NUI mage dashboard skin