01-08-10, 07:17 PM   #1
opismahname
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First XML Creation

Hello there.

I'm new to the addon creation, but have read alot of guides and seen videos out there so i at least know a little about how to make the basics of an addon...

But I would need some help to create my real first XML file to my addon. This addon will like just be an test how to do it or something, but anyway... I want this XML file to hide the Blizzard unitframes portraits, so just the health and powerbars will show. Because so far i just know that the code starts with <Ui><Script>blablabla Hide () etc... and then also ;*targetportrait*: Hide ()

Could anyone help a newb like me?
01-08-10, 07:28 PM   #2
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
I don't know how to do this but are you sure you want it to be xml? you can do the same thing through the lua file its 1 less file to keep track of.
01-08-10, 07:32 PM   #3
opismahname
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by cloudwolf View Post
I don't know how to do this but are you sure you want it to be xml? you can do the same thing through the lua file its 1 less file to keep track of.
Doesn't really matter, just looked at the addon "GryphonsRemover", which used xml to hide the gryphons on the Blizzard UI.
01-10-10, 03:53 PM   #4
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

yea forget about xml. you can do it all in lua and lua is less coding. has other benefits to.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
01-10-10, 04:05 PM   #5
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

what you might want to do is start by writing your core lua file first and of course set up your .toc file. In your core lua youll want basic operations like hide/show frames and such. a simple way to hide the gryphon frame is to get the name of the gryhon frame which i just happen to know the primary frame for that art is MainMenuBarArtFrame

now if all you wanted to do was hide that frame you could do a
MainMenuBarArtFrame:Hide()

however now your problem will be that sometimes wow might reload it so you need to stop that from ever happening.

so you add a function
local dummy = function() end

then you make the show function inopperable for the mainmenubarartframe

MainMenuBarArtFrame.show = dummy

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » First XML Creation