10-17-09, 03:34 PM   #1
PigtailsofDoom
A Cyclonian

Add ons for leveling a warlock?

I've got a 61 lock that I'd like to start leveling again (she's my old toon from Vanilla WoW that I haven't touched in about a year). I've got quite a few useful mage specific add ons that I use for my main, but I'm not sure what's out there that's good for leveling a lock.

I've got ClassTimer, so I don't think I need a DoT tracker, but beyond that I'm pretty clueless.
10-17-09, 03:47 PM   #2
aliem
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm currently using rFilter2 (cooldown and buff tracker for yourself and your target) and an automatic shard deleter (as affliction i just dot my target drain-tank and drain soul his last hp)

rFilter2 config:
Code:
rf2_spell_list = {
        buffs = {
          -- Shadow Trance
          [1] = { tag = "trance", spellid = 17941, unit = "player", size = 48, fontsize = 18, posx = 0, posy = 170, framestrata = "BACKGROUND", anchor = "UIParent"},
        },
        debuffs = {
          [1] = { tag = "corruption", spellid = 172, ismine = 1,  unit = "target", size = 24, fontsize = 18, posx = -64, posy = -100, framestrata = "LOW", anchor = "UIParent"},
          [2] = { tag = "agony",    spellid = 702, ismine = 1,  unit = "target", size = 24, fontsize = 18, posx = -32, posy = -100, framestrata = "LOW", anchor = "UIParent"},
          [3] = { tag = "weakness",    spellid = 980, ismine = 1,  unit = "target", size = 24, fontsize = 18, posx = -32, posy = -100, framestrata = "LOW", anchor = "UIParent"},
          [4] = { tag = "immolate",    spellid = 348, ismine = 1,  unit = "target", size = 24, fontsize = 18, posx = 0, posy = -100, framestrata = "LOW", anchor = "UIParent"},
          [5] = { tag = "embrace",    spellid = 32385, ismine = 1,  unit = "target", size = 24, fontsize = 18, posx = 32, posy = -100, framestrata = "LOW", anchor = "UIParent"},

[5] = { tag = "fear",    spellid = 5782, ismine = 1,  unit = "target", size = 24, fontsize = 18, posx = 0, posy = -75, framestrata = "LOW", anchor = "UIParent"},

--172 Corruption
          --348 Immolate
          --702 Curse of Weakness
          --980 Curse of Agony
          --5782 Fear
          --32385 Shadow's Embrace
        },
        cooldowns = {
        },
there are many alternatives like EventAlert (for shadow trance/gliph of corruption) and DoTimer (it can track multiple target's dots)
btw as warlock you just need to know your and your pet's cooldowns and your target(s) dot ... and obviously your mana pool along with your hp

Last edited by aliem : 10-17-09 at 03:50 PM.
10-18-09, 02:11 PM   #3
PigtailsofDoom
A Cyclonian

Yeah, Class Timer does the same thing as Event Alert, and it also tracks debuffs you put up on your target as well. Plus it works for every class, which is why I like it. A shard deleter I can see as being useful though. And maybe the DoT timer one too. Anyone else have any suggestions?
10-18-09, 03:35 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

ForteXorcist was originally intended for Warlocks, but it now does so much stuff that it also works for other classes. Everything you need is already in it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teXorcist.html
12-08-09, 02:13 PM   #5
Sec
A Cyclonian

In the past I have used Ellipsis. I am currently using EventAlert and Nugrunning for DoTs and procs. If you use an LDB addon, check out Broker_SoulShards for automatic deleting to keep your regular bags from having shards spill over from whatever soulshard bag you use.
01-19-10, 02:35 AM   #6
cormanthor
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Shard deletion is not necessary, as Blizz has you limited to 32 shards. The system won't make any more than that.
If you're using class timer, you should be good to go -- for the most part.

Things you 'need' for a warlock are:
  • DoT timer of some sort -- Class Timer works here
  • Cooldown timer -- Does Class Timer do that?
  • Proc notifier -- Try Power Auras, or any SCT mod (like MSBT) if that's more
    your style. You probably have one already for watching your procs on your main.

Everything else can be macro'd.
01-19-10, 02:57 AM   #7
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

to save up some action bar space i always use "Necrosis" its a sphere addon that has a menu for curses/abilities/demons, but also a button for your healthstone/soulstone, lets you make a soulwel by shift-rightclicking on them. Button for spellstone/firestone, and when you click it it auto-applies to your weapon.

really really usefull addon. I got the big sphere button set to showing my nr of shards and when clicking on it it casts fel armor on me.

It also has a cooldown tracker for you abilities, like soulstone 14 min remaining on noobpriest.

It warns when a mob is unfearable/unbanishable, and also keeps track of your nightfall proc and such.

ForteXcorsist is really usefull when you come to the point of raiding with multiple locks for example, because it can track soulstones from multiple chars, and it has a few other things thats really usefull. But tbh i havent used that addon to its full extent, im only using its cooldown tracker (wich i also use on my other chars). The only lock specific addon im using is necrosis, the rest of the addons are mostly the same as i use on my other chars.
01-19-10, 08:32 AM   #8
Peezy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by contramundi View Post
to save up some action bar space i always use "Necrosis" its a sphere addon that has a menu for curses/abilities/demons, but also a button for your healthstone/soulstone, lets you make a soulwel by shift-rightclicking on them. Button for spellstone/firestone, and when you click it it auto-applies to your weapon.

really really usefull addon. I got the big sphere button set to showing my nr of shards and when clicking on it it casts fel armor on me.

It also has a cooldown tracker for you abilities, like soulstone 14 min remaining on noobpriest.

It warns when a mob is unfearable/unbanishable, and also keeps track of your nightfall proc and such.

ForteXcorsist is really usefull when you come to the point of raiding with multiple locks for example, because it can track soulstones from multiple chars, and it has a few other things thats really usefull. But tbh i havent used that addon to its full extent, im only using its cooldown tracker (wich i also use on my other chars). The only lock specific addon im using is necrosis, the rest of the addons are mostly the same as i use on my other chars.

^^^do you have a screenshot of this addon in work? id like to see how the buttons are placed like you said...very curious
01-19-10, 08:42 AM   #9
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...osis-ld-c.aspx
01-19-10, 09:32 AM   #10
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

^^^^

what that guy said :P

small adition though, to make sure you dont annoy your raid/group members disable the speech bit when using it :P

otherwise each time you summon a demon/mount it will put some text on screen wich can be annoying if your wiping a few times on 1 boss :P

the buttons are each draggable and placeable where you like it, however the default position is around the sphere itself. And another side note, as far as mounts go, as soon as you save up a few of them and want them used randomly, ignore the mount button from necrosis and use an addon like mountifull or any other random mount summoning addon

and one last side-note on the addon, dont always trust the unbanishable message, i used to get them in BRD for example with elementals i could easily banish. The unfearable message is mostly accurate as far as ive seen it. Havent had to use banish in a long while :P (damn those new pieces of ICC gear making everyone almost invincible in the older hc's)

But necrosis is seriously one addon i started using and i cant live withouth anymore on my lock. I tried using lunarsphere, but that one just isn't quite the same.
01-19-10, 02:43 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've used both Necrosis and ForteXorcist. Without a doubt ForteXorcist is far superior.
01-20-10, 04:40 AM   #12
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I've used both Necrosis and ForteXorcist. Without a doubt ForteXorcist is far superior.
but the easyness of necrosis in setting it up is way too lovely to just skip that ^^, i tend to switch/alter my UI every once in a while and necrosis is just install and go, while forte has a bit more setup to do to get everything in the right order.

but i agree, forte is way superior above necrosis, since necrosis is only an addon intended to make some things easier and save up some action bars doing so.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Add ons for leveling a warlock?