05-04-13, 03:38 AM   #1
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Question LF an addon /script that prevents chat message

Hey,

You probably know the addon oQueue. Its a fantastic tool especially for low-pop realm inhabitants finding raids for world bosses / pvp / etc.

I found a bug where any of the oQ (autoaccepted) b-tag friends ignores you it will spam the hell out your whole chat and central error frame with no end.

http://i.imgur.com/wrddsX1.jpg

The oQ devs don't have any working solution on their forums but deleting all the oQ added tags (90-ish b-tag) and re-build the list.

I'm looking for a different solution, to simply hide the ignoring error message in the chat and error frame.

Last edited by Voxxel : 05-04-13 at 03:40 AM.
05-04-13, 02:10 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Without seeing the addon's code I can't provide the exact solution; ideally you would want to keep track of who you tried to message when you got that error, and avoid attempting to message them again.

However, here's a brute force approach that will simply hide the errors, and isn't dependent on anything else in the addon:
Code:
local CHAT_IGNORED_S = gsub(CHAT_IGNORED, "%%s", ".+")
ChatFrame_AddMessageEventFilter("CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM", function(_, _, message)
    if strmatch(message, CHAT_IGNORED_S) then
        return true
    end
end)
The addon appears to be using its own "player is ignoring you" message for some reason, as no such global string exists, but the CHAT_IGNORED global can easily be modified to catch it, at least for English clients.
05-04-13, 04:14 PM   #3
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

For the error frame, more or less the same logic
Code:
local CHAT_IGNORED_S = string.gsub(CHAT_IGNORED, '%%s', '.+')
local original = UIErrorsFrame:GetScript('OnEvent')
UIErrorsFrame:SetScript('OnEvent', function(self, event, message, ...)
	if(not string.match(message, CHAT_IGNORED_S)) then
		original(self, event, message, ...)
	end
end)
05-05-13, 03:26 AM   #4
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I did download and check oQueue, but nothing in the code contains this message.

Tried to search for "ignoring" and "ignored" but nothing shows up in oQueue.

Thus I conclude that you have some other addon that does this, maybe it triggers when an invite is shown, I'd recommend finding the culprit and updating/editing the part that makes this message appear, instead of adding more code to counter it.

I assume you have Windows 7+ so you can use this powershell script to help you:
Code:
Get-ChildItem "C:\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns" -recurse -include *.lua,*.xml | Get-Content | Select-String -pattern ignoring, ignored
You should modify the game path to where your game is installed, and preferably scan addon by addon instead the whole addons folder at once (because the script only returns the lines that match the words "ignoring" or "ignored", not much help when there isn't a filename. :P

Anyway, start powershell by typing "powershell" in the "Run" dialog (WinKey+R is the hotkey), modify the path to lead to your game folder, copy the modified script and paste it in the powershell window, run it and wait. Rest is up to you!

Last edited by Vlad : 05-05-13 at 03:34 AM.
05-05-13, 08:02 AM   #5
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
I did download and check oQueue, but nothing in the code contains this message.

Tried to search for "ignoring" and "ignored" but nothing shows up in oQueue.
oQueue tries to invite people by btag, if they are ignoring you the Blizzard code spams that message.
The issue is that oQueue doesn't handle this situation.
05-22-13, 12:26 AM   #6
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
The ignoring error message isn't evidently coming from the addon. It comes from the inbuilt Blizzard code triggered by a realID (battletag) friend who came from the auto-acceptance mechanic from oQueue addon.

Its really hard to guess which one of your BTag friend has ignored you (from the whole 90-100 people you have) and the addon's authors recommend to simply(?) clear all your oQ BTag friends and readd them to intercept and eliminate the ignoring one.

I was looking for just a way to HIDE this blizzard message from my chat.

Meanwhile I found a workaround:
1. Start up the game with oQueue disabled - you'll get goddamn huge realID spam
2. Clear your announce field (oQ) to empty on the social panel - so the spam stops
3. Whisper a word to every online BTag to check who is actually ignoring you.
4. Remove the guy and add his BTag to the oQueue B-tag ban list on next start to make sure oQueue doesn't add him/her again to your friend list.

With these steps we can aviod to wipe the whole oQ friend list. Hope it helps to anyone googling this issue.
05-22-13, 02:14 AM   #7
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

oQ has a button that removes all of the people that it has added to your friends list.

In fact that's probably why they're ignoring you, if they disable oQ and you still have them on your friends list you are going to be spamming them with messages that oQ normally hides.

Every time you see that message in your chat box it means you tried to send them a huge block of jibberish.

Last edited by semlar : 05-22-13 at 02:37 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF an addon /script that prevents chat message