10-17-12, 02:35 AM   #1
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MoP Divide-by-Zero behavior changed?

Has anyone else noticed the current live version of MoP has the Division-by-Zero handling reverted back to pre-beta? Just for the hell of it, I tried to crash my game client by having it do a math operation, 1/0-1/0. Beta used to crash if there was any math operation involving the infinity value, which was still stored in math.huge. However, the operation noted before didn't crash and didn't even raise an error as expected. Lua successfully returned with a NaN value. Further testing is also revealing that 1/0 is being successfully evaluated as well and Lua returns the infinity value.
10-17-12, 04:53 AM   #2
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
They did the same with Cataclysm during one of the PTRs - introduced the division-by-zero-is-an-error behavior then reverted it when the build went live.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » MoP Divide-by-Zero behavior changed?