10-22-08, 03:11 PM   #1281
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I have to say I can't wait until this is out for public release. The UI screenshots are great. I have a couple of questions though. Those of you testing it, have you tried it in conjunction with Cartographer? If so does it work well. Also, Auctioneer, which I don't think would have any conflicts, does it work well. I use various other addon's that I can stop using with this, but how about questhelper? And does this addon use the default blizz quest tracker? The one that is normally under the Mini-map in the top right hand corner?

Just a few questions for those of you who are testing. Looking forward to this coming out for public release.

10-22-08, 03:16 PM   #1282
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Down arrow

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Tehryn -- what is the down arrow supposed to do when the bag is open? (I have my arrow keys all remapped for combat, so I don't know)
Arghhhh! For some reason I automatically (and obviously wrongly) assumed that the down-arrow was part of the nUI Minimap Button bag (maybe because it was the only square one...) but it seems to be put there by FishingBuddy. Strange, it has no tooltip and the actual FB button is there too. Hmm. Even stranger is that it doesn't seem to do anything. Nevermind, I'll find out eventually .

Sorry 'bout that Spiel! Btw, thank you so much for doing a fantastic job with nUI!!

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-22-08, 03:23 PM   #1283
Tehryn

Originally Posted by Gaidinward View Post
I have to say I can't wait until this is out for public release. The UI screenshots are great. I have a couple of questions though. Those of you testing it, have you tried it in conjunction with Cartographer? If so does it work well. Also, Auctioneer, which I don't think would have any conflicts, does it work well. I use various other addon's that I can stop using with this, but how about questhelper? And does this addon use the default blizz quest tracker? The one that is normally under the Mini-map in the top right hand corner?

Just a few questions for those of you who are testing. Looking forward to this coming out for public release.
I use Cartographer3 without any problems. Also Auctioneer works fine. I hardly ever use the questracker (I have MonkeyQuest which works without any problems), only for testing purposes (and you can move it anywhere .

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-22-08, 03:24 PM   #1284
Shammah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I use both Cartographer and Auctioneer. I haven't noticed any confilcts between them and nUI.

10-22-08, 03:28 PM   #1285
Firestarzas
A Murloc Raider
I think I found a bug. Divine storm (pally 51 talent) never shows in range. It's always "greyed" out, as if out of range. I suppose this is because it's a non target spell? in other words you can cast the spell without having a target selected. Not sure if something can be done about it or not. It is kind of stupid.

Secondly, my range indicator always shows range to my target as being melee. I haven't played around with this lots, so I've not really tested this in and out of combat, but I saw this quite often in combat to show range as melee, when I was around 30 - 40 yards away from my target.

10-22-08, 03:57 PM   #1286
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
kk there is a small bug when in group format on the unit frames, the party member in the top right of the unit frames is not showing a target button/unit

please check attachment,

as it shows the person is clearly targeting something

Also i noticed the omen screen was freaking out, pars jumping all over the place, dont know if this is a result of the integration or not.
mscott -- that's pretty strange... obviously the ToT frame shows he has a target, I'm not sure why the party3 frame doesn't... I'll look, but it may have been Bliz's RegisterUnitWatch() that hadn't updated for some reason.

As for Omen... the integration should have nothing to do with it... the Omen3 integration is way simpler than the Omen2 was and requires no special tweaking on my part... all I did was grab, size and position the Omen anchor frame and then lock it so it can't be moved or resized... I don't futz with the bar frame at all. So, my guess would be either (a) with two prot warriors, they were both taunting, and/or, (b) the boss was threat wiping

Omen3 is based on WoW's actual threat table instead of the old estimated threat values of Threat-2.0 (which is why I'm dropping support for Threat-2.0 myself and going to recode for WoW's threat tables), so it's possible you're just seeing more than you're used to. Dunno that for sure though.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-22-08, 03:58 PM   #1287
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Gaidinward -- I use QuestHelper and Auctioneer both... never had an issue though I'm seriously thinking about dropping QuestHelper... as much as I like what it does, it's become a major resource hog lately.

10-22-08, 04:05 PM   #1288
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Firestarzas View Post
I think I found a bug. Divine storm (pally 51 talent) never shows in range. It's always "greyed" out, as if out of range. I suppose this is because it's a non target spell? in other words you can cast the spell without having a target selected. Not sure if something can be done about it or not. It is kind of stupid.

Secondly, my range indicator always shows range to my target as being melee. I haven't played around with this lots, so I've not really tested this in and out of combat, but I saw this quite often in combat to show range as melee, when I was around 30 - 40 yards away from my target.
The first item, some spells that are valid being grayed out, is a known bug and already on the bug list. The second item is new and probably related to how the spell book changed for the 3.0.2 patch... I'll look into it.

10-22-08, 04:49 PM   #1289
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Gaidinward -- I use QuestHelper and Auctioneer both... never had an issue though I'm seriously thinking about dropping QuestHelper... as much as I like what it does, it's become a major resource hog lately.
I agree, but I dont have a shortage of resources with my machine, so for me that is not an issue. I am however concerned about the quest tracker. I do not like the QH tracker and wonder if NUI disables the default tracker that blizz has? If so can it be enabled?

10-22-08, 04:50 PM   #1290
Sodorfo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
great update

thanks a ton man.

got the update installed this morning and played for a few min and so far its looking good =)

will be playing more tonight and noting any bugs i find.

10-22-08, 05:00 PM   #1291
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
mscott -- that's pretty strange... obviously the ToT frame shows he has a target, I'm not sure why the party3 frame doesn't... I'll look, but it may have been Bliz's RegisterUnitWatch() that hadn't updated for some reason.

As for Omen... the integration should have nothing to do with it... the Omen3 integration is way simpler than the Omen2 was and requires no special tweaking on my part... all I did was grab, size and position the Omen anchor frame and then lock it so it can't be moved or resized... I don't futz with the bar frame at all. So, my guess would be either (a) with two prot warriors, they were both taunting, and/or, (b) the boss was threat wiping

Omen3 is based on WoW's actual threat table instead of the old estimated threat values of Threat-2.0 (which is why I'm dropping support for Threat-2.0 myself and going to recode for WoW's threat tables), so it's possible you're just seeing more than you're used to. Dunno that for sure though.
on that note, the two palies werent prot, one was and the other was ret. so the spec text isnt updating properly as well

10-22-08, 07:14 PM   #1292
spiel2001
nUI's Author

No update tonight gang as I've not been able to accomplish much of anything meaningful... I'll aim for tomorrow night.

10-22-08, 07:15 PM   #1293
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I agree, but I dont have a shortage of resources with my machine, so for me that is not an issue. I am however concerned about the quest tracker. I do not like the QH tracker and wonder if NUI disables the default tracker that blizz has? If so can it be enabled?
Well... frame rate and things like that are an issue on this laptop I'm afraid. No shortage of CPU power and memory, but graphics are an issue.

nUI does not disable the default Bliz quest tracker... nUI has no built in quest features at all.

10-22-08, 07:39 PM   #1294
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Well... frame rate and things like that are an issue on this laptop I'm afraid. No shortage of CPU power and memory, but graphics are an issue.

nUI does not disable the default Bliz quest tracker... nUI has no built in quest features at all.
TY, that is all I needed to know. I look forward to using this UI when you get it ready for Public release

10-22-08, 08:01 PM   #1295
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

they all work fine for me, but quest helper has its own tracker but it can be disabled to use the default tracker.

10-22-08, 08:35 PM   #1296
Zinazeri
A Murloc Raider
I was away from WoW for about six months, then decided to come back. I had previously used a different UI mod, but gave yours a chance. That was less than a week before the 3.0.2 patch came out. I miss your UI already. I really loved it. I have tried a couple of others, but not been particularly impressed with alternatives that exist.

I am excited to see the changes in place!

10-22-08, 09:38 PM   #1297
Tehryn

No update tonight gang as I've not been able to accomplish much of anything meaningful... I'll aim for tomorrow night.
Now where did I put my whip.... JK !!

[0x81BEB11E]

10-22-08, 09:38 PM   #1298
Martinus
An Aku'mai Servant
It seem it's not possible to dismiss enslaved pet manually. I have to summon another pet.

As for Metamorphosis. I created a macro. So you can take your time on that one 8) Unless I'm not the only one to use that talent.

Mart 8)

10-22-08, 10:29 PM   #1299
Tehryn

Poisoner3

Would it be possible to put in support for Poisoner3? Right now I can't find any other -updated- addon doing the same thing. Apparently Poisoner3 is supposed to "put a button near the minimap" but I sure can't find it. In the Minimap button bag there's a gap between the first 2 buttons, maybe it's sitting there... invisibly... laughing at me...

[0x81BEB11E]

10-23-08, 07:45 AM   #1300
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

It did that for me as well, right click the options part in cartographer, and set route workload scale to 20% or 40%, it's defaulted at 100% and that causes major issues.

And as with everyone else, still looking forward to nUI :P

Btw, for those of you looking for a tracker addon, I suggest QuestGuru, it's very nice, and it has auto-complete features and all builtin, not to mention you can track all 25 quests.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement