08-22-07, 07:01 AM   #1
nexzt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Conjuring Mod

Does anyone know of a mod, this is really for mages only that would allow you to create multiple items in a row. Like Advanced Trade Skill Windows Veiw Mod Here. Is there a way where you could like queue the items for example in a raid a mage would probably create water then 2 or 3 different mana gems. Is there a way you could do this at the click of a button or does anyone know a macro that would allow you to cast these things in a row?

thanks to anyone that helps in advance and please dont come here to just post crap I cant use...
08-22-07, 07:09 AM   #2
Persen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Something like this would probably work:

/castsequence Conjure Water (Rank X), Conjure Water (Rank X), Conjure Mana Emerald, Conjure Mana Ruby
08-22-07, 07:17 AM   #3
nexzt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
alright im not currently at home so I will have to try it later...is there suppose to be 2 waters there does it make a difference? and I was also reading and it said this couldnt be done in a macro because conjuring stuff creates a global CD or something like that...
08-22-07, 08:32 AM   #4
Taroven
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blizzard does a fairly good job of making /commands make sense.

Take a look at the macro. What /castsequence does is, as the 'sequence' implies, cast a list of spells one after the other. Each successive click casts one spell.

For that macro:

Click 1: Conjure Water.
Click 2: Conjure Water.
Click 3: Conjure Mana Emerald.
Click 4: Conjure Mana Jade.

After click 4, the sequence resets.

I'm not aware of a mod that allows queued casting like what you describe. To be honest, I'm not completely sure it's possible. Tradeskill casts are handled a little differently than normal spellcasts IIRC - You can create the same item as many times as you have the mats for, but try doing the same for a spell and the game's gonna laugh at you. You'll notice that every tradeskill queue addon (Stitch/Manufac, ATSW, etc) requires user input to continue a crafting chain; that's not necessarily how the addon authors would have preferred, even though it is a nice safety net.

If someone can find a way to pull it off, kudos. Otherwise, clicking your summon buttons one at a time is probably your best bet.
08-22-07, 08:43 AM   #5
nexzt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you Taroven and Persen, and thanks for the explanation I figured it wasent really possible
08-22-07, 11:30 AM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Taroven
You'll notice that every tradeskill queue addon (Stitch/Manufac, ATSW, etc) requires user input to continue a crafting chain; that's not necessarily how the addon authors would have preferred, even though it is a nice safety net.
Correct. This is as good as it gets since v2.0. You have to click the "continue" button in between different items.

The best the OP could get is to queue up their water, then queue up some gems.

There used to be a mod or two for mages to help summon water and stuff but I have no idea if anything is still around. Waterboy or something? I'll post if I find anything...

08-22-07, 12:32 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah - it doesn't work anymore.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-22-07, 12:37 PM   #8
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I don't think you could use a sequence like this either:

/cast Conjure Water
/stopcasting
/cast Conjure Water
/stopcasting
/cast Mana Gem 1
Etc.

All of these spells have a GCD, right?
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
08-22-07, 12:52 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That wasn't the macro that was suggested. You need a /castsequence macro (shown in a previous post).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-22-07, 12:57 PM   #10
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I know. =p

But if you use the /stopcasting command between Instant cast spells, it will cast those instant cast spells without the "hassle" of mashing a button like you do with /castsequence macros -- but with only one button press/click.

I'm --fairly-- certain that /stopcasting between instant cast spells cast with the /cast command works that way.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
08-22-07, 12:59 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
These aren't instant cast spells.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Conjuring Mod