12-07-07, 09:22 PM   #1
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

whisper blocker?

anyone know of a working one? tryed some and they not working anymore. Getting sick of this toolbox crap... =)
12-07-07, 09:35 PM   #2
Zubgrub
A Murloc Raider
Shutup (Ace) works pretty good.
12-07-07, 10:15 PM   #3
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Ace, LOL.. don't use that crap

Last edited by tralkar : 12-08-07 at 01:16 AM.
12-08-07, 04:10 AM   #4
robthedude
Don't Panic

Originally Posted by tralkar
um... lol? you're joking, right?

12-08-07, 02:54 PM   #5
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

yuo r winnar!
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
12-08-07, 02:55 PM   #6
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

No I'm not joking about ace, and will not ever use it. I have 3 very close friends that do, We all have the same computer, Live in the same block, have the same dsl connection.. When we all test the connection we are about the same.. Only problem that they have that I don't is Ace. when they play they get 20 fps up to maybe 30 fps if they are lucky. I have a full run of 80 fps So you tell me should i really go to Ace? I think not
12-08-07, 03:34 PM   #7
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No I'm not joking about ace, and will not ever use it. I have 3 very close friends that do, We all have the same computer, Live in the same block, have the same dsl connection.. When we all test the connection we are about the same.. Only problem that they have that I don't is Ace. when they play they get 20 fps up to maybe 30 fps if they are lucky. I have a full run of 80 fps So you tell me should i really go to Ace? I think not
Maybe it just because their using a silly amount of mods? Although it does tend to be silly to use Ace2 for small mods.
12-08-07, 04:39 PM   #8
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

your internet connection has a minimal (if any) effect on your frame rate (it will affect how quickly the game responds to your commands, not how fast your system can churn out graphic calculations).

are you all running at the same resolution and color depth?
same antialias settings? same LOD? same draw distance? same filtering?

are you all using identical drivers for your (supposedly identical) videocard?
do you all have the same updates for your (supposedly identical) operating system?
do you all have the exact same programs running in the background when playing WoW on your (supposedly identical) computer?

are they running mods that are more CPU intensive than you are? are your interfaces all providing relatively equal function (iow, you get all the same info they do...i.e. damage/threat/healing meters, mob databases, unitframe functionality, etc etc etc)?

yeah i probably sound like an Ace fanboi, but that isn't my point. my point is that to suggest simply that by using mods built using the Ace libraries you will take a 60-80% framerate loss is at the very least a bit shortsighted.

Maybe it just because their using a silly amount of mods? Although it does tend to be silly to use Ace2 for small mods.
unless, of course, you are already loading the required libraries for other (Ace) mods you are using.
12-08-07, 04:44 PM   #9
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Ace is not for me so, I'm never going to get it and thats it.. Don't care if the boogie man or bugs bunny use it I will not.

Just don't see why I have to be pushed into useing Ace

End of story............................................
12-08-07, 05:58 PM   #10
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Ace is not for me so, I'm never going to get it and thats it.. Don't care if the boogie man or bugs bunny use it I will not.

Just don't see why I have to be pushed into useing Ace

End of story............................................

How wonderfully, blissfully irrational with so very very little actual clarification and reasoning.
12-08-07, 05:59 PM   #11
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

i don't think anyone is "pushing" you into using Ace-based mods.
i'm not...i couldn't care less.

however, you responded to a valid answer to your question by denigrating something about which you clearly have no understanding and used fallacious logic to justify it.

good luck finding a mod that does what you want. i sincerely hope you do.
12-08-07, 07:01 PM   #12
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Rigorous
however, you responded to a valid answer to your question by denigrating something about which you clearly have no understanding and used fallacious logic to justify it.
Um yes i do. Just becouse your an Ace freak, Don't make everyone else wrong.

LAST POST ABOUT THIS, so what ever you want to write is fine but i woun't read it...
12-08-07, 07:25 PM   #13
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hmmm

LAST POST ABOUT THIS, so what ever you want to write is fine but i woun't read it...
Name calling and really really wanting to get in the last word...

Last time I saw that kind of passionate ignorance they were on a tv documentary wearing white pointy hoods !

Denied the last word ! lmao
12-08-07, 08:32 PM   #14
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

did i at any point accuse you of being "wrong"? no.
ill-informed and possessing poor reasoning skills? yes.

i'm not an "Ace freak"...i just don't think its "crap," as you so eloquently put it, in, as i pointed out, your response to someone trying to help you with something you asked for help with. and your explanation for baselessly disparaging the work of a number of people (the Ace developers and community), as well as your contemptuous response to the person offering you help, was so utterly lacking in any intelligence, detectable logic or graciousness that i couldn't help but respond.

and if you don't read this...that's fine. just please don't post again at least until puberty is over. thanks.
12-08-07, 08:37 PM   #15
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Originally Posted by Wowgamer233
Name calling and really really wanting to get in the last word...

Last time I saw that kind of passionate ignorance they were on a tv documentary wearing white pointy hoods !

the last time i saw it was when my 2 1/2 year old didn't get something he wanted.
12-08-07, 08:39 PM   #16
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Lets not all get defensive... Rigorous summed up what I was too lazy to type. It's not cool to blame an addons possible side-effects or even poor programming on the libraries that it uses. I don't think anyone was telling you that you had to use Ace either.

Other than that, I can't think of any non-Ace addon that blocks spam-whispers other than WIM (Windows Instant Messenger). It's a bit outdated, but still works. Good luck and please post if you find something.

12-08-07, 11:29 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You're supposedly not going to read this, but I am a teacher and hate seeing ignorant, stubborn people.

A mod's effect on framerate only depends on how much work it does and how well your system can handle it. **ANY** mod can cause low frame rates if written poorly with huge garbage accrual or with a lot of data processing and communication done. Whether it is written with the Ace2 framework or not.

No one is telling you to use mods written with the Ace2 framework. No one. In any of these posts. One was suggested to you because you asked for a suggestion. But no one is trying to force you to use an Ace2 mod. All people are trying to do is educate you, because you obviously know nothing of mods, how they work, and what goes on under the hood of your game. No one called you wrong for your desire to not use an Ace2 mod either. You are free to use whatever mod you wish. But what you *are* wrong about is your reasoning.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-09-07, 10:01 AM   #18
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

That was certainly entertaining for a simple whisper blocker question
I can already see people using the upcoming /timetest and complain one way or another about those king of things.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » whisper blocker?