03-01-10, 09:30 PM   #1
Balltar
A Defias Bandit
Thank You

Hi Everyone, fist i would like to say hello to you all im a new user of nUI, i actually found out about nUI by chance i had decided to create a new alt because i was getting bored of my death knight,lol so long story short i decided to give a priest a try, wow big difference in game play thats for sure.

anyway, the reasone for this post is too say a thankyou to the creator of nUI, since downloading and useing it my game play has also improved with my shadow priest and my other alts, im at the point where im not too sure which way i will go with my priest either as a healer or just doing some dps both i find are quite a lot of fun.

but back to the point of this post, i would like to say a thankyou to K for the effort and time that has been put into this bit of software. and hope to chat or meet some of you in wow at some time

thanks

Balltar
Aszune server.
03-02-10, 05:15 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for the kind word Balltar.

I *love* my shadow priest and seem to be missing the healy gene... it's all DPS in my world. That said, the other week I was doing random instances for the Love Fool achievement when I zoned into an instance with a Ret Pally tank. OMG... what a jerk. He refused to talk to anyone, wouldn't respec and wouldn't pull. We were stuck on the 10 minute timer, too. 30 seconds before the timer expires he pulled everything around us and popped out the door in an effort to wipe to group. My tank gene kicked in and there I was playing shadow priest tank, doing DPS and off healing... took out all five mobs he agro'd on us. Way too funny.

So... yeah... shadow priests are way too much fun.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/
03-02-10, 05:29 AM   #3
Balltar
A Defias Bandit
yeah have come across the same situation with my Dk before,lol im not much good at raids and instances never know what im supposed to be doing,lol so basically if i get asked to help out i love dps my dk is lvl 80 and not rigged out to well with things like amor but always seem to manage,lol have only done a couple of raids due to my lack of experience with them.

but going from a dk to a shadow priest.... god its like getting a kick in the teeth,lol you have to re-think your game play. ive played wow for about 2 years now and like everybody else cant put it down,lol

i still find that for me anyway useing my s-priest can get a little confussing on what to cast and when, but from what ive read on these forums it will come with time.

Balltar
03-02-10, 02:22 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, thats what I tell people that complain about priests being so squishy. When you go from Warrior or Death Knight to a priest you are going to notice the difference.

I myself went from priest, mage, warlock, druid, shaman .. notice the pattern ? Rofl. I always start off with a healer, then a caster, then a pet user then armor bonuses classes. That way I feel more invincible and thus more confident when surrounded by multiple mobs. If I can just about survive with a squishy priest then I sure as hell will with my shaman rofl.
03-02-10, 04:17 PM   #5
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Yeah, same basic progression here Xrystal. My first 80 was a priest (healer all the way, no shadow spec ever). Then went to mage for the dps side of life. Played around a bit with a shammy, and hunter (will be getting to those next) but am currently lvl 76 on my prot pally. When I first started leveling this toon in BC and then later into NR I noticed something that took me some getting used to. Namely, not turning and running when a 2nd or 3rd mob joined the fight, lol. In fact, I find myself running around and gathering up all sorts of extra mobs now when questing. lol

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » Thank You