10-22-08, 03:06 PM   #1
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Freshui - Mazzle wannabe

hi, a few of you have now started to download my recreation of mazzle and are having some success, im updating as i find issues and fixing the bits i have so far been unable to include from the original project

yet to be fixed are the frames changing colour on aggro and the hotspots for trading and such, if anyone can help i would be grateful

main panels are created using eepanels and unsure how to make these flash as scripting part is broken

maybe we can get our heads together and release something that doesnt break when updated

in party

Last edited by Cairenn : 10-22-08 at 07:40 PM. Reason: off-site link removed - Cair
10-22-08, 03:57 PM   #2
Growler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hey mikey, could you please confirm a few things.

Will this work on any screen ratio? is their install instructions provided? should this be avoided by people that want a "mazzify" easy ui setup? I think if you include those details in your 1st post and you will almost cover all the bases!
10-22-08, 04:18 PM   #3
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
from what i have seen in testing, it doesnt matter what screen res you are in the ui scales as long as the option is selected in video options, with regard to the simple mazzify the short of it is no, there isnt a mazzify option as this was only intended as a fix until mazz himself updated.

this as far as i can see isnt going to happen

now i have included a set of instructions and an updated one in the forum which ill move to here

but i would say that its not hard to set up, just a case of following a few instructions, once i get things completed ill upload the new version, im in the process of testing addons to see which give better memory usage but as the servers are laggy at the moment its kind of hard to get a realistic benchmark

it would be useful to have some feedback from people that download the pack as i can then get things i miss sorted or add things that i forgot lol there was so much in mazzle its unbelievable

i have added modules to prat3 to make the hm windows work again and give the end user the ability to have a window for battle and a seperate loot window and the ability to filter out certain messages

also added skinning modules so the buttons can be skinned seperately from eachother

theres lots going in and some coming out, i have also sorted the sraid frames to change from 10 man and 25 man raid setups but having pulled apart my old mazzle file so ill be looking to get a copy from someone that hasnt ripped it apart like i have lol

so ill be trying to add the missing pieces over the next few days to make the hotspots and flashing bars on aggro, its a shame that eepanels2 has broken scripts so may need to switch to kgpanels instead

any help or advice/criticisms anyone can give will be helpful to get this sorted
10-22-08, 04:20 PM   #4
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
instructions for freshui

instructions for freshui

ok looks like a couple of people have had some minor issues, what you need to do is

1, rename your existing interface and wtf folders to interface1 and wtf1 then place the new interface and wft folders contained int he freshui zip file into the world of warcraft folder

2, before this pack will work you need to change some details in the wtf folder.

when you open the new wtf fold you will find a folder named account, inside that one you will find one called yourAccountName change that needs to be changed to your logon name. when done open that file and inside you will find a folder call yourservername. as you may have guessed this one needs to be named as your server for example if your server is Alonsus then this is what you must put, dont forget to use a capital letter or this may not work.

once this is renamed then you need to open that file and inside you will find a file called yourcharname, rename this folder to your chars name not forgetting the capital letter

now your ready to start up the game and log in

once in

now your ingame type /zmob config into chat and a menu will appear

in here click on the profile tab and highlight mikey of khadgar and click copy at the bottom

then click on your char name and press paste
if the bars moved then close the window

for the action bars you need to place these yourself, this can be done by typing /bartender, in the window that appears click lock in the top left of the config menu and the bars should turn green allowing them to be moved

all other elements can be moved by holding alt and left click dragging them
10-22-08, 04:30 PM   #5
Hawkblade
A Murloc Raider
Assuming you are using KGPanels, the solution Malathar and I have used is to have 2 sets of panels, the 2nd set the color you want for agro and then the following code put into each of those "agro" panels.

OnLoad section:

Code:
self:Hide()
self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE")
self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")
OnEvent section:

Code:
if event == "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE" and arg1 == "player" or event == "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE" and arg1 == "raid2" then
  self:Show()
elseif event == "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE" and arg1 ~= "player" or or event == "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE" and arg1 ~= "raid2 then
elseif event == "PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED" then
end
I added arg1 ~= "raid2" for when you are in a raid... fairly obvious but something overlooked until I was actually in one.
10-22-08, 06:15 PM   #6
mcdadrom
A Murloc Raider
Ok i'm trying your freshUI and the problem i'm having right now is my screen resolution that i use is 1024x768. everything is shifted to the right and i dont know why? can you help me out
10-22-08, 06:32 PM   #7
viveka
A Defias Bandit
hi im having the same problem UI seems too big for my screen resalution but i hav all set to max 1680x1050(wide)
screen shot might help. thanks in advance
10-22-08, 07:03 PM   #8
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by viveka View Post
hi im having the same problem UI seems too big for my screen resalution but i hav all set to max 1680x1050(wide)
screen shot might help. thanks in advance
It looks like your ui scale is set too high. You can access it in video options and via a slider you can scale it to fit (probably).
10-22-08, 07:31 PM   #9
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Hawkblade View Post

I added arg1 ~= "raid2" for when you are in a raid... fairly obvious but something overlooked until I was actually in one.
This fix will only work if you are in raid group 2.

Use this instead.

Code:
if event == "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE" then
  if UnitIsUnit(arg1, "player") then
    self:Show()
  else
  end
end
10-22-08, 07:39 PM   #10
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
yep its the scale, hit esc and goto video settings and pull the scale bar over you should see the ui start to fit, when its in the right place you can then get on with the how to in this thread
10-22-08, 10:04 PM   #11
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I hope you can help me with my newest problem.

I had your UI working PERFECTLY, and I was in the process (3 hours worth) of tweaking the setting for 2 characters. I had char 1 (hunter) done and went to set up char 2 (mage). Everything was fine, but on my mage the loot and combat text boxes (lower right hand side) dissappeared. I then went back to my hunter to see if I could figure out what AddOn/Profile I could load to reset it on my mage, and it had dissapeared on my hunter as well...

What AddOn controls the text boxes and how can I reset just those boxes without having to go through hours of setup again =(

Also, only on my mage, near the top left of the minimap. there is a "button" that says "loot roll" how do I get rid of it?

Thanks!!!

-Star
10-22-08, 11:34 PM   #12
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
HitsMode is the addon controlling those boxes. Not sure exactly what you'll have to do to get them to show back up though. I use to have that same problem with MazzleUI and I would remazzify and the box would show back up. Try reloading UI or kill something.
10-22-08, 11:57 PM   #13
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
yep thats hitsmode, normally a /reloadui works but if not then its likely the windows set to their defaul position in the chat log. if you hover over chat you will see that additional windows are there title hm window or something to that effect just hold the tab and pull it out, im trying to fix this with niagara just updating that now

tbh im am uploading a new version to the downloads section now under compilations/suites suites section
10-23-08, 02:24 AM   #14
alenda
A Cliff Giant

The latest version of DUF I've found leaks memory like no tomorrow, fills !BugGrabber with errors until it breaks, and causes the game to take upwards of 3 times as long to load, even over X-Perl, another similar frame mod. Not to mention it breaks when you try to focus anything, due to the new blizzard focus frame.
11-10-08, 05:27 AM   #15
JuGGaLoLoVe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thumbs up

There are now 3 different versions of FreshUI, each for different resolutions.

FreshUI ( Widescreen version )
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...sion.html#info

FreshUI Normal ( for non widescreen 1024x768 - 1152x864 ect )
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...idescreen.html

FeshUI ( 1280x1024 Resolution )
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1280x1024.html
11-10-08, 04:56 PM   #16
JuGGaLoLoVe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

If u join a raid and the party 3D models don't go away
Type /zmob config and click the options button and check hide group in raid

If u join a raid and the word " cooldowns " is planted in the center of your screen you can right click the ORA2 minimap button, go to cooldowns and click on toggle to get rid of it.

Oh and Mikey on the 1280x1024 version every time I log in I get this error

[2008/11/10 12:29:33-79-x4]: Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:452: Usage: UnitCanAttack("unit", "otherUnit"):
Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:452: in function `UnitPopup_HideButtons':
Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:180: in function `UnitPopup_ShowMenu':
DiscordUnitFrames-3.0\DUF_UnitFrame.lua:1097: in function `initFunction'
Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:51: in function `UIDropDownMenu_Initialize':
DiscordUnitFrames-3.0\DUF_UnitFrame.lua:1087: in function `DUF_UnitPopup_OnLoad'
<string>:"*:OnLoad":1: in function <[string "*:OnLoad"]:1>

---

So i'm gessing the guys revamping DUF still have some work to do

Last edited by JuGGaLoLoVe : 11-10-08 at 04:59 PM.
11-10-08, 10:34 PM   #17
caya
A Fallenroot Satyr
duf

Is there a way to enlarge the 3d models of DUF?
How do I fix the raid groups so that the characters names are more visible. The look of them now is near impossible to make out.
Is it just me or does FuBar suck at remembering customizations. Every time I log in it shows text for all the fubar plugins even when it appears to still be unchecked. I have to check and then uncheck to resolve every login. As well, cartographer 3's map is too small in my opinion.

I've been looking for a nice way to show when special buffs are active. I installed SCT but now the HUD is overwhelmed by too much. I'd like to know how much I'm hitting others for, how much their hitting me for, and special buffs. Is there an alternative built into FreshUI?

Just some feedback

Also,

Is this the appropriate forum to post for FreshUI or is there its own?
11-10-08, 10:41 PM   #18
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
hiya and yep this is good for freshui

im going to look into the hud and see about the overwhelming amount of data, you could just turn all the data reporting off on the hud settings and just go with the combat text in the interface options, you can have it scroll or arch over, will also include healing and incoming and outgoing damage, its how i have mine set
11-11-08, 12:07 AM   #19
JuGGaLoLoVe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Fubar shouldn't be messing up like that.
I've been using Fubar since it's creation and i have never had any issues.
I'd dissable all the fubar mods that u don't use as well as make sure Fubar 3.5 and FubarPlugin-2.0 are up to date.
11-11-08, 05:35 AM   #20
pacmanpc
A Murloc Raider
what is the addon that shows info like current time, durability, ping etc? mine is stuck atm and i dont know what addon it is so i can mess with it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » Freshui - Mazzle wannabe