03-11-09, 09:29 AM   #1
Drugekull
A Fallenroot Satyr
Vehicle control interface

Hi

I have a query about the Vehicle control interface that comes up when you take control of a siege weapon or dragon

On the last boss in Oculus I had a problem hopefully this can be setup differently

When you take control of the Dragon the Vehicle control interface comes up over character windows
While this is ok normally on the last boss in Oculus it causes a problem when
you are flying a healing dragon

To do that fight successfully you need to keep an eye on the tanks health and also keep the debuff on the boss so you switching backwards and forwards between the tank and the boss

Since the Vehicle control window is covering the Character health windows you cannot monitor the Tanks health so you end up healing when you shouldn't or not healing when you should

Is there any way of removing the Vehicle control window or making it smaller?

03-11-09, 09:32 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is Bliz's vehicle interface, not mine. I have to assume that you're still running Beta 4? You should upgrade to nUI 5.0 and the vehicle interface will no longer appear when you mount.

Otherwise, if you're married to Beta 4, you can lose the vehicle interface using the following slash command after you mount and prior to entering combat...

/script VehicleMenuBar:Hide()

Originally Posted by Drugekull View Post
Hi

I have a query about the Vehicle control interface that comes up when you take control of a siege weapon or dragon

On the last boss in Oculus I had a problem hopefully this can be setup differently

When you take control of the Dragon the Vehicle control interface comes up over character windows
While this is ok normally on the last boss in Oculus it causes a problem when
you are flying a healing dragon

To do that fight successfully you need to keep an eye on the tanks health and also keep the debuff on the boss so you switching backwards and forwards between the tank and the boss

Since the Vehicle control window is covering the Character health windows you cannot monitor the Tanks health so you end up healing when you shouldn't or not healing when you should

Is there any way of removing the Vehicle control window or making it smaller?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-11-09, 09:53 AM   #3
Drugekull
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for the reply

I have just upgraded to NUI 5 Pro today good to hear that interface will not show now

03-12-09, 10:41 AM   #4
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have been using nUI's interface with the Blizzard vehicle interface turned off for quite awhile now. It's a much better way to do things.

However, there is one big gotcha you should be aware of. IF you get into a vehicle with your current hot key bar set to any other than the first hot key bank, you will not see the vehicle's hot key's. To fix this simply use "Shift-1" or whatever key you use to switch the main hot key bar to the first one, which will be the Vehicle hot keys when on a vehicle.

This got my wife and I into some trouble once. In fact it was during a run of Occulus. If you don't realize what is going on, you can be mashing keys for several minutes without doing a thing.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Vehicle control interface