01-25-11, 04:25 AM   #1
adderall
A Murloc Raider
Question Guide issue (go to npc) - user error or bug?

Apologies in advance if this is user error of some sort. I saw a potentially relevant thread title in the supporters forum, but I figured I'd post here while I'm waiting for my group membership to be approved so I can see what it says.

I'm not sure how to reproduce this, as it seems random, but sometimes when I open the guide and hit go to an NPC, it sends me to an NPC of that type in a totally random zone (different continent even.)

Using Innkeeper as an example:

- In Valley of Strength (Orgrimmar).

- Open guide.

- Click the icon next to Innkeeper.

- Get an arrow to Northrend. 12613 yds. (if it's relevant, this character has never been to Northrend)

- Cancel navigation and wander around until I find the innkeeper that was ~100 yds away.

It's probably worth noting that:

- Without moving an inch, if I selected Auctioneer instead of Innkeeper, it routes properly. Trying innkeeper again routes errantly again.
- Quest objectives always route fine.

This happens at least one out of three times I try to route any NPCs via the guide.

If there's any other info I can share, please don't hesitate to ask. I love Carbonite, and would love to contribute however I can!

Last edited by adderall : 01-25-11 at 04:29 AM. Reason: additional info

01-25-11, 03:03 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are currently no innkeepers in our database for Kalimdor and EK, which is why it routes you to Outland or Northrend. Haavok has to add them, but he probably won't get to it for a few weeks, since his job has him out of town for a while.

01-27-11, 10:44 AM   #3
adderall
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
There are currently no innkeepers in our database for Kalimdor and EK, which is why it routes you to Outland or Northrend. Haavok has to add them, but he probably won't get to it for a few weeks, since his job has him out of town for a while.
Gotcha. Thanks. Is that also why my supporters group membership request hasn't been approved, I guess?

Eager to read more.

01-27-11, 03:18 PM   #4
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry about that, you should have access now. I'm super busy with my 'real job' at the moment but plan on updating the guide as soon as the game I'm working on is approved and I can catch up on some sleep.

http://www.wweallstars.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Guide issue (go to npc) - user error or bug?