01-13-11, 07:30 PM   #1
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Daily Quests not showing up in Cata zones

I did a search but didn't see this problem addressed. I see my blue daily !s in all of the other zones, but not in the Cata zones. I have tried cycling through the "Display questgivers" button, but nothing I do makes them show up. Any ideas?

EDIT: Am I the only one with this problem? If that's the case, I'm thinking of just uninstalling/reinstalling Carbonite

Last edited by Albie : 01-16-11 at 10:32 PM.

01-15-11, 03:17 PM   #2
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
anyone? anyone? Bueller..... Bueller....

01-18-11, 08:19 PM   #3
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Ok, Well, I reinstalled carbonite and nothing has changed. I am really surprised that no one else is experiencing this, or that no one knows how to fix it.

01-18-11, 08:47 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to whether or how the dailies are showing up.

You might try deleting or renaming the various carbonite.lua files in your wtf folder (not the one(s) in your addons folder!) and see what that does for you.

01-19-11, 12:10 PM   #5
Kyrgune
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am also having the same issue Albie. Chmee, so you are seeing the daily quests in the new zones? I couldn't understand by your previous comment if you saw them or not.

New saved variables in the WTF folder didn't work. Is there an option somewhere that we are missing? Strange that we can see them in the WOTLK zones, but not the Cataclysm zones.

01-19-11, 12:38 PM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I haven't looked for them. I don't remember if I've seen them (the blue !, I mean) or not - although I think I have in at least some cases. I suppose I'll have to start looking.

01-20-11, 02:38 AM   #7
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
ya, I have resorted to posting "notes" on all the spots where dailys are to remember where their locations are in zones.

01-20-11, 10:01 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Dailies are showing up just fine for me in all Cata zones that have them. Odd that some are having this issue and others aren't... wish I had a solution.

01-21-11, 09:42 AM   #9
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Another thing I've noticed (and this may be an intended change the devs did with the 4.0 patch) is that my quests in my quest watch list are no longer automatically showing up on my Carbonite minimap (it's not placing the different colored areas for each quest). In order to get the colored areas to appear, I have to "track" each quest individually, and even then it only shows the currently tracked quest.

01-22-11, 03:56 AM   #10
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Fine, fine... I was hoping that by now you'd have read the other threads in this forum, since I've answered this question three or four times this week already.

At the top of your Quest Watch window, you have four round buttons. One of these toggles showing quest areas on the map and and off. Another toggles displaying quests between all, dailies only, or off.

01-22-11, 04:36 PM   #11
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
And if you had read my original post fully, would would have seen that I had already tried that

Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I have tried cycling through the "Display questgivers" button, but nothing I do makes them show up.

And like I said, I see the blue !s in the other zones, so if it was just the button not being clicked, I wouldn't see those. I have also completed all of the quests in all of the Cata zones, so I know it's not just a questgiver icon covering it up.

In case this helps: I have my minimap and carbonite map separated. I can see the blue ! on my minimap (the actual one), but not in my Carbonite map.

As for the "show quests on map", Thanks, I think that did help.

Last edited by Albie : 01-22-11 at 05:05 PM.

01-23-11, 06:17 AM   #12
Jigain
A Molten Giant

All right, what version are you using?

01-23-11, 11:19 AM   #13
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I am using the current version. I even removed all of the Carbonite directories completely from the Addons folder, and unzipped a fresh download from the site a few days ago. When I log in, it says
"CARBONITE CARBONITE 4.033 B280 loading"

Last edited by Albie : 01-23-11 at 11:22 AM.

01-30-11, 06:08 PM   #14
Kyrgune
Premium Member
Premium Member
I'd like this thread to not die. So just so I make sure, everyone can see the blue "!" (in the Carbonite map, not the Blizzard minimap) for the daily quests in the Cataclysm zones including the new daily cooking/fishing quests in Orgimmar? It seems only Albie and myself can not see them.

Last edited by Kyrgune : 01-31-11 at 10:22 AM.

01-31-11, 09:08 AM   #15
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I still cannot see any daily ! that was added in the Cata expansion. I CAN see them in the old zones.

01-31-11, 12:15 PM   #16
Yelina
An Aku'mai Servant
I can't see them either in the Cata zones.
I can see them in the 'older' zones

02-09-11, 04:04 PM   #17
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I still have this problem. Has anyone been able to figure it out?

07-23-11, 10:34 AM   #18
Kyrgune
Premium Member
Premium Member
Any news on when the blue "!" for daily quests will be added to the Cata Zones on the Carbonite map?

07-24-11, 10:34 PM   #19
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I'll put this on our fix list for the next release. Basically we need to tag those quests as dailies and they will show up like all the others.

05-22-12, 01:17 PM   #20
esrock21
A Kobold Labourer
Dailys still not showing in Cata.

ok as of 5/22/2012 patch 4.3.4 and the lastest carbonita updated at 5/6/2012 the dailys are not showing up. I do have the blue button on to show where the dailys are at. I know there are two in Uldum and I know there are dailys in MF. I dont know the rest of the zones dailys. this is a big help if I know where they are at.

Esrock

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Daily !s not showing up in Cata zones