08-09-11, 02:35 PM   #1
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest Hand in's and Accepting Quest's

I looked around and didn't see a report on this yet

But when you do a quest out on the field and its got that "new hand in on the field thing" Most of the time Carbonite wont let you turn it in, ontop of that it doesn't pop up the next part that is auto-given to you, unless you completely disable Carbonite

This is expecily true when doing quests in Kelp'Thar Forest where some of that feature is used, speficly in the quests revolving around the naga and rescuing hordies form the bubbles

Does this plan to be patched/fixed ? it makes it virtually impossiable to relay on Carb for questing when you can't hand in the field turn in ones and if you manage to be able to once in a while, it wont list the next part.. like the WoW default does.

08-09-11, 04:58 PM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I thought we had that fixed...will look into it. In the meantime you can press ALT+L to bring up the regular quest window and complete it from there.

08-09-11, 05:13 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

When you are doing one of these type of quests, in the quest watch window you should get a red "?" pop up next to the part of the quest you just completed. Clicking on the red "?" should allow you to complete the quest and open the dialog for the next part.

If that doesn't happen, just do what Haavok said.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-09-11, 05:49 PM   #4
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
I thought we had that fixed...will look into it. In the meantime you can press ALT+L to bring up the regular quest window and complete it from there.
no its not completely fixed, sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't, Its not just me ether, every single one of my friends who uses carb keeps reporting this issue to me whining about it >.>, and I didn't know you could do that, thanks

but yes, sometimes a Red box with a ? Appears, and it allows you to turn it in , but at the same time the next part of the quests will not appear until you disable the addon

(to clearfiy) Sometimes it will give me the next part, but most of the time both solo and in dungeons it will not, For both sets, turn in and Receiving wont work right

Last edited by Ulkterna : 08-09-11 at 06:12 PM.

08-11-11, 05:37 PM   #5
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Heres a example

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...pleoferror.jpg

08-11-11, 07:37 PM   #6
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Ulkterna View Post
Thanks, we'll look into it.

08-11-11, 08:32 PM   #7
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
Thanks, we'll look into it.
Glad to be of help

If it helps any, doing the above command, Ctrl alt and L does not allow em to turn them in when it does that, I have to compleatly disable Carb to turn it in, Sometimes it will allow me sometimes it wrong, and sometimes it will allow me to get the next part while other times it will not, this is a error for all my friends and so fourth

I hope with this info you can fix this bug, it really sucks having to Disable Carb everytime you get a field "Turn in type quest"

08-11-11, 11:40 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's just "alt + L", which will open the Blizzard quest log, and you should be able to complete those quests there.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-12-11, 04:30 PM   #9
Quiloue
A Defias Bandit
Had this problem today, too. When I logged out and back in, the completion window with the "?" appeared briefly (1-2 seconds) before disappearing. Did it a second time and I was able to press it and complete the quest. Didn't know about alt-L, thanks

08-19-11, 05:12 AM   #10
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
It's just "alt + L", which will open the Blizzard quest log, and you should be able to complete those quests there.
I have tried this, you can not, you have to compleatly disable Carb, I have tried this multiple times now.. I have had my friends a well, we also tested turning off all other addons but carb, and Still Alt L does not allow you to turn quests in, so if its doing it for you, no idea, but for me and my 20friends, same results everytime >.>

if it works for you and others I'm glad and happy its working for some people, but for us LOL no cigar

Last edited by Ulkterna : 08-19-11 at 05:14 AM.

08-19-11, 06:15 AM   #11
Chmee
A Molten Giant
What happens when you press alt-L? It should bring up the Blizzard quest log.

Interesting. There doesn't seem to be an editable keybinding to do that. It must be hard-coded in Carbonite. It certainly works for me.

In general, if something in an addon is supposed to work, and does not even if that's the only addon active, then your saved variables file is probably corrupted. Have you tried deleting it and its backup?

08-24-11, 06:30 PM   #12
tednik
An Aku'mai Servant

i know what he is taking about it does it to me as well you hit alt-l and it does bring up the bliz quest frame but you still can not turn your quest in until you disable carbonite same thing goes for abandoning and share quests i have been having an issue with this as well cant abandon or share in carbonite and also bliz quest frame disable carbonite and back to being able to share or abandon quests

08-25-11, 06:27 AM   #13
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Please learn to punctuate. Then I might be able to respond to whatever it is you're saying.

08-27-11, 04:37 PM   #14
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you press Alt-L and can't turn it in using the "Complete Quest" button in the Blizzard quest log, then you probably had an error in addon code, which the game then disables.

Error messages will not be seen unless "Display Lua Errors" is on. Press ESC, click Interface, click Help!, check "Display Lua Errors", click Okay and then logout and login. Try it again. See if any error messages appear and post the first error here.

09-10-11, 02:07 AM   #15
panga666
A Murloc Raider
I also have a problem with this.

Pressing alt-L does not show me the default questui so cannot turn in that way.

Cannot press red text with questionmark, but it is there.

And i get no lua-errors even with lua-errors enabled.

Had to disable Carbonite to turn it in. The quest was this one: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26144/prisoners .

Carbonite v.4.22

Edit: Writing this as i am questing , in a follow up to the previous quest, it works. Namely this one: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26154

There i get the Yellow Questionmark that i can press to turn in quest.

Last edited by panga666 : 09-10-11 at 02:13 AM.

09-10-11, 01:15 PM   #16
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you are pressing "alt + L" and the Blizzard quest log is not opening, then I would guess that you have that key combination bound to something else.

That's a toggle for the default quest log that is coded into Carbonite, and that is why we tell you that.

04-03-12, 07:20 PM   #17
Kreelor
A Firelord

Today is April 3, 2012

It's now 7 or 8 months after the original poster made his comment(s). The problem still exists. At least, it exists for me occassionally. The 'red question mark' (text) is totally non-interactive, even if/when it does appear. The in-field 'pop-up' quest completion box is inconsistent in behavior, and doesn't always work.

Having to resort to <ALT-L> is not really a solution to the issue.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Hand in's and Accepting Quest's