09-14-11, 04:54 AM   #1
pyrophilia
A Defias Bandit
map won't stay zoomed in. switches to quest target

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but if it's a feature it's a bad one. I'm doing the firelands quest now at 85 and I constantly need to use the map to know my way around org and every time I zoom in on something it zooms out to zoom in on what it wants to zoom in on, and sometimes this is a quest that has already been finished. I don't care if this is a feat, i want it gone. I want to stay zoomed in on what I WANT to zoom in on.

09-14-11, 07:48 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Right click on the map, select "scale..." and play around with the options there. I think that'll help, though I don't remember the details. You could search the forums here for "zoom" or "scale" or some such, I think there was some discussion of the process.

09-14-11, 09:49 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might also try this: In the upper right corner of Carbonites map there are two small boxes for "Auto Scale" and "Close/Unlock" (or "/Lock" if your map is unlocked). Try unchecking the one for "Auto Scale" and see if that helps.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-15-11, 09:57 AM   #4
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It sounds like you have the 'auto scale' box checked on (in the upper right corner). Uncheck it to disable this behavior.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » map won't stay zoomed in. switches to quest target