01-28-11, 09:46 PM   #1
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant
Herb question

Sorry guess I posted in the wrong place. I needed to know how to get the smaller map back and have it show herb locations as before.

Last edited by Duchess : 01-29-11 at 08:48 AM.

01-29-11, 10:25 AM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It should still be there. If you choose to combine it with the Carbonite map it is overlayed (cenetered on your character) and should display any nodes, tracking POI's, etc.

If you could provide a screenshot it should be pretty easy to work out what is going on.

01-29-11, 02:56 PM   #3
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant

Not sure why the image isn't showing in my post, but here is the link to it:

There is not smaller square map inside the larger one on the upper right corner of my screen. Used to be one there and it had dots where the herbs were.

01-30-11, 10:32 AM   #4
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant
Anyone help? If you look at the image you will see there is no smaller square within the larger square map on the right side of my screen. Please tell me how to get it back?

02-01-11, 08:43 AM   #5
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant
OK you guys asked me to post an image and I did. Now you won't help? Please...I really would like to get this working again.

02-01-11, 01:08 PM   #6
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant
Nevermind. I have removed the addon. If I cannot get it to work right and I cannot get any help from the "official" support site, I don't want it.

Thanks anyway...

02-01-11, 01:21 PM   #7
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Would you rather have the two people who actually work to give us this addon (I'm not one of them, btw) working on improving it, or answering your (and others') desire for instant gratification? Personally, I'll go for the former.

I clicked on your image link. Got nothin'. Learn to use the website — you don't need to (and should not, imo) put images on other sites.

I would guess that the "larger square map" is the minimized carbonite map, and the "smaller square map" you're looking for is the (blizzard) minimap, which you had docked (see the options available by right clicking on the map). Perhaps there's a transparency issue. IAC, you could have tried deleting the carbonite saved variables files, resetting the addon to default settings. Of course, if you prefer to /ragequit, have at it.

02-01-11, 01:23 PM   #8
Duchess
An Aku'mai Servant
Again, it doesn't matter because I no longer use this addon. Why bother posting a reply now? This sat forever with noone even bothering it, and as soon as I post something someone doesn't like, I get a reply of any sort.

No thanks. Bye

02-01-11, 01:27 PM   #9
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I guess we should all be required to check these forums once an hour, just in case you've posted a problem.

No thanks. Bye.

02-01-11, 02:43 PM   #10
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No offense but what kind of support are you expecting from a product that is provided for free? We try very hard to keep the addon updated and working while holding full time jobs. Personally, I’ve been working around the clock for months in ‘crunch mode’ on WWE All Stars trying to get the game submitted and approved on time.

We’re fortunate to have a very active and supportive community (a big thanks to Chmee , Jigain & Jeffy162 in particular). Most questions are typically answered the same day, often within hours, even minutes of posting. This is great for me and Faatal as we can spend most of our available time working on fixing and improving the addon itself and focusing on more technical forum posts.

I’m sorry you didn’t get the answer you needed sooner but I feel your hostility is unwarranted.

Last edited by Haavok : 02-01-11 at 03:05 PM.

02-02-11, 03:13 AM   #11
Wyldhunt
A Fallenroot Satyr
I only stop by about once a week or so, so I didn't see the post till now.
If you ever decide to try Carbonite again, here is your answer:

Your image shows the carbonite map moved and resized to fit where the Blizzard mini map is usually at.
If you want the normal mini map back, right click on the Carbonite map and choose options. Go to the map tab. Clear the box next to the option to integrate the mini map.
That will give you both the Carb map and the normal mini map.

To get the herbs to show up, you right click on the Carbonite map and choose Show. You can choose what you want to show up.

If you want to use the Carbonite database of herb locations, you'll also need to load that database. You can load the database from the Carbonite options. I forget the name of the tab, but I remember it's pretty obvious when you're looking for it. Gathering or something similar to that. It'll have buttons to Import Herb Locations and Import Mining Locations.

If you don't import the database, it'll still remember any nodes that you find so that you can find them again later.

Sorry about not finding your question sooner.

02-02-11, 04:40 AM   #12
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
(a big thanks to Chmee , Jigain & Jeffy162 in particular)
Aww shucks; now you're making me blush!

Anyway, my main reason for not answering to all posts is usually that I don't know. Yet, at any rate. "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you", and personally I wouldn't want my threads to be filled with 20+ "I don't know".

But as Chmee pointed out, if there's anything wonky about your settings, it's very easy to reset them by deleting the SavedVariables file named Carbonite.lua - I even think there's an option in the Carb menus to reset your settings. And if that still doesn't work... hey, guess what? You have another addon which isn't compatible with Carbonite.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Herb question