07-15-10, 01:24 PM   #1
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hierlroom items

I cannot trade marks/coins on PTR. Any other chance to get the heirloom items for level one twinks for %20 exp gained?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

07-15-10, 01:47 PM   #2
Kosh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by zork View Post
I cannot trade marks/coins on PTR. Any other chance to get the heirloom items for level one twinks for %20 exp gained?
I mailed my heirloom over to my main before I copied him to the beta server. I don't know that you can purchase them on the beta servers just yet.

i can confirm (well, I could, last time I was able to login with the affected toon) that they do work on the new goblin/worgen.

07-15-10, 01:55 PM   #3
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can buy the heirlooms on the beta, the issue is that you cant trade emblems (not even from the Money Trader down in Dalaran Sewers)

07-15-10, 03:25 PM   #4
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
I mailed my heirloom over to my main before I copied him to the beta server.
This is what I did. I have any and all BoAs!

07-15-10, 04:29 PM   #5
kkam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I accidentally copied my rogue twice and now I have no heirlooms :-(
although you still can get heirlooms via stone keeper's shards, so grab'm if you have any in stock!

edit: yes, only shoulders weapons and pvp trinket but that's what we gotta live with!
also, I don't know if this is intended (I doubt) so maybe we should make a thread about it

Last edited by kkam : 07-15-10 at 04:36 PM.

07-15-10, 06:07 PM   #6
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I just bought all that stuff on live. Saved, transfered and done. Now my worgen warrior has epic gear

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

07-15-10, 06:28 PM   #7
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by zork View Post
I just bought all that stuff on live. Saved, transfered and done. Now my worgen warrior has epic gear
I don't know how bad of cheating this is, but you can buy all the stuff on live if you have enough triumphs, not frosts (Because you can't convert back to frosts if you convert frosts to triumphs), buy all the stuff, log out, transfer the toon, then log back in after its transferred and refund the boas?

Just a thought lol

07-15-10, 06:48 PM   #8
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
I don't know how bad of cheating this is, but you can buy all the stuff on live if you have enough triumphs, not frosts (Because you can't convert back to frosts if you convert frosts to triumphs), buy all the stuff, log out, transfer the toon, then log back in after its transferred and refund the boas?

Just a thought lol
I don't think that would be considered cheating since this is a beta, and everything will be lost eventually anyway.

It's not cheating, it's just good strategy!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-15-10, 07:43 PM   #9
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

tbh i did the same thing made sure my 2 toons had all my boa items then transferred them.

07-16-10, 03:44 AM   #10
CodeRedLin
A Defias Bandit
BoA's remove some testing from the game though. You aren't getting the "new player" experience if you wear BoA's.

07-16-10, 03:59 AM   #11
GT4
A Fallenroot Satyr
Slightly off-topic but the above posts reminded me of something:
If you have a guild you can also get the gold and items from your guild bank on your character, copy and put it back onto the bank then. The same goes for multiple copies. Just get all your important stuff (gems, gold, BoAs, enchant mats, whatever) onto every char before you copy it.

07-16-10, 04:23 AM   #12
Hamstah
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by CodeRedLin View Post
BoA's remove some testing from the game though. You aren't getting the "new player" experience if you wear BoA's.
What about the testing Blizzard needs done for all the people that will be creating Worgens and Goblins that WILL be using BoAs?

07-16-10, 04:38 AM   #13
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Hamstah-Emeriss View Post
What about the testing Blizzard needs done for all the people that will be creating Worgens and Goblins that WILL be using BoAs?
What was said above me.

07-16-10, 06:28 AM   #14
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Do the Hierlooms work past 80?

07-16-10, 06:51 AM   #15
kkam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Nope, they said they will make 80-85 heirlooms later I think

07-16-10, 11:10 AM   #16
eThuz
TeamBPS

I thought they were gonna have 1-85 Heirlooms, available at 85, and the 1-80 Heirlooms would eventually become redundant.
In any case, WTB Heirloom Shields and Relics

(On a side note, Thinking at 3am gives "brilliant" ideas like buying all the BoA gear on live, transferring over with them, then logging back on to get the refund... of Heroism *headdesk*. I need sleep)

07-16-10, 03:51 PM   #17
PsiVen
A Murloc Raider
I wouldn't be surprised if the new heirlooms come in the form of upgrades to the existing ones.

Originally Posted by CodeRedLin View Post
Let's be honest though, none of us will be getting the real "new player" experience. The kind where you don't know what a class trainer is until you realize there's been this other quest you had for 5 levels...

07-19-10, 11:13 AM   #18
GT4
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by eThuz View Post
I thought they were gonna have 1-85 Heirlooms, available at 85, and the 1-80 Heirlooms would eventually become redundant.
In any case, WTB Heirloom Shields and Relics

(On a side note, Thinking at 3am gives "brilliant" ideas like buying all the BoA gear on live, transferring over with them, then logging back on to get the refund... of Heroism *headdesk*. I need sleep)
Most players are using their Triumph badges only for gems anyway... so that wouldn't really matter, would it? (unless you plan on spending your Frost badges on the heirlooms obviously)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Hierlroom items