09-05-12, 01:52 AM   #1
Aelorean
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Remove Druid "Glyph of Stars" effect for local client

I know that there is an addon out there that removes the annoying sound for the mage frost pet, so I thought I would ask if anyone thinks it might be possible to do something similar to remove the annoying graphical effect that comes along with Druid Boomkin + Glyph of Stars.

Honestly, I just want to have my moonkin abilities while looking like my normal self. Glyph of Stars almost does this -- it just has an annoying graphical effect to go along with it.

Anyway, I thought this might be useful/interesting to non-druids as well as I'm sure a lot of folks would rather not see this 'stars falling' effect all over the raid.
09-05-12, 01:56 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons cannot modify visual effects or other graphics that are part of the 3D game world.

Sounds can be changed because they are considered part of the interface, not part of the game world. Removing a sound is done by replacing it with a silent sound. Also, sound changing isn't actually done by addons; while you can download sound mods from WoWI and other addon sites, they don't go in the AddOns folder, and the game doesn't recognize them as addons or even know they exist. They include a sound file, and a folder path, and are unzipped directly into the WoW program folder, so the sound ends up as something like "World of Warcraft\Sound\Creature\MurlocAggroB.ogg".

Only sounds, fonts, and UI textures can be replaced by this method. 3D models, maps, skins/textures, animations, and other graphics cannot be replaced by this method.

Last edited by Phanx : 09-05-12 at 02:00 AM.
09-05-12, 05:07 AM   #3
Aelorean
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sounds good -- that was the answer for which I was looking. I knew that the 'sound addon' I had for the mage pet was not really an addon (per se) but rather what you described.

It's really too bad that particle effects cannot be replaced using the same method as with sounds. The effect to which I'm referring is especially annoying. It's especially frustrating considering that the perk that comes along with it (i.e., getting to be in your regular form, not having to shift forms to use a mount, etc.) is quite desirable.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Remove Druid "Glyph of Stars" effect for local client