02-21-07, 10:38 AM   #1
lixoman100
A Defias Bandit
Looking for an Addon to Organize my Bank

Hello there,

I'm trying to find an addon that helps me organize my bank, but so far I had no luck. All I find are addons for guild banks, addons that put all the bags in one single window and addons that do a bazillion useless things.

What I am looking for is for an addon that allows me to organize my bank into named categories or containers. I imagine an addon that, when I first access my bank with it loaded, it shows all my itens in the "uncategorized" or "unnamed" bag/window/thingie.

From that, it would allow me to create new categories/containers, that work as separate bags/windows. That way, I would be able to create a container called "Fire Resistance", for instance, and put the my FR gear on it, and do the same with every category of items I have (arcane resistance, quest items, crafting items and any other category I can think of). Meanwhile, the "default" bag would have the remaining slots. If I categorize/organize all of my bank itens, that "unnamed" bag will end up with nothing else than the remaining empty slots.

So, after this long description, what I wanted to ask is: is there any addon out there that does this or that allows me to do this?

One other thing: it would be great if that addon didn't touch my regular bags, only my bank. I've had bad experiences with addons that deal with the bags. Also, being able to see the bank from anywhere would be a plus.

I appreciate any suggestions you might have for me, and I thank you for reading all this. Sorry for the long post.
02-21-07, 01:20 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Hmm... It sounds like a hybrid between default, where you can group items however you want (not based on rulesets), Baggins, and that mod that lets you rename your bags (forget what it's called :P ). But only for your bank, or at least where you could turn off the option / addon for your bags.

I'm not a coder by any means, but if someone could figure out how to do this, I know my hubby would use it. He got tired of rule sets and is now fighting with the default bags again to sort his myriad of resistance sets, potions, quest items, etc. I might even use it. XD

Or... If someone knows of an easy way to set something like this up using an existing bag mod, please share!
02-21-07, 01:34 PM   #3
lixoman100
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah
(...) to sort his myriad of resistance sets, potions, quest items, etc(...)
Basically, that's what I want to do, also being able to categorize other items (soulbound equipment I don't want to get rid of yet, flavor items like tabards and non-combat pets) and stuff like that. Currently I do that with regular bags, but there are 2 main problems with it. First, I can't give them a name so I can know what is in there just by looking (I heard there is a mod for that, but this is only part of the problem). The second problem, and the most annoying one, is that I have bags that aren't full (wasting slots), bags with 2 or more different things (so, the first two lines of this bag are arcane resist, the other two are frost resist... uh?) and, worst of all, sets of items that span thru multiple bags, creating all kinds of mess-ups (okay, fire set is on bag one and two... to avoid wasting space, bag 2 also keeps my frost and arcane resist... and some items that are part of both sets... meh, I'm lost again )

I'm considering trying ArkInventory, but it seems to be a little overkill (since he redoes the regular bags as well) and it lacks naming the categories and having the same item in multiple categories (like an item that gives both frost and arcane resist).

So, any tips are appreciated. I'll probably give ArkInventory and Baggins a try when I get home.
02-22-07, 01:37 AM   #4
Gnu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I was actually just about to post here looking for something somewhat similar, without the auto-bags.

All of the customizable bag addons are rules-based, usually culling from whatever item database library it uses. I don't want to have to alter existing rulesets, recategorize items, or spend ages trying to figure out where the addon decided to put what I just looted.

I want to be able to make my own bags and name them. Items will loot straight into an interim bag from where I can drag items into any of the other bags, which will expand and shrink as needed. Simple as that. No wasted bag space, everything goes where you want, and you always know where to find it because you put it there. No surprises, no guesswork. I've been really surprised that nothing even resembling this exists.
02-22-07, 04:26 AM   #5
Tetralis
A Kobold Labourer
Everything you are looking for --> try ArcInventory ( --> Edit Mode !!!)

In addition to that use Item Rack, define Sets (Normal, Fire, Healing and so on) - when bank is open simply click on the needed sets and they are automatically transfered into your backpack or back into bank...

Have Fun
02-22-07, 10:58 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
This is what I found on ArkInventory (for lixoman) http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files.../arkinventory/

It seems like there are quite a few conflicts with it and other mods at this time, and while there are many who love it, they also are asking for improvements in some of the areas we are looking for.

Thank you though for the suggestion!
02-22-07, 12:19 PM   #7
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use vBagnon. Really works well for me.
02-22-07, 12:25 PM   #8
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

This is what I found on ArkInventory (for lixoman) http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/files.../arkinventory/

It seems like there are quite a few conflicts with it and other mods at this time, and while there are many who love it, they also are asking for improvements in some of the areas we are looking for.

Thank you though for the suggestion!
I have many (around 50-60) mods and not a single conflict with ArkInventory. Most of my stuff is ACE2 but about 20% (Auctioneer, etc) are not.

I'd highly recommend ArkInventory. I've used the EDIT mode with great success to create containers for Alch, Potions, Ench, Soulbound gear, etc, etc.
02-22-07, 01:25 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, but those are based on rulesets..... I'm using vBagnon now with the plugin to use Periodic Table 3.0 rules. We would like something free from that where it could look like this:

Bag 1 named Fire Resist
armor
trinkets
potions

Bag 2 named Arcane Resist
armor
trinkets
potions

Bag 3 named Old Gear
armor
weapons
trinkets

etc.... organized quest items into different bags and splitting up rulesets depending on what they're for.

EDIT: not really splitting up rulesets, but NO rulesets. An option to use automatic sorting based on rulesets but also to be able to create bags of any size, named any name, so you may organize how you like.

Last edited by Seerah : 02-22-07 at 01:26 PM. Reason: clarity
02-22-07, 02:46 PM   #10
Gnu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
not really splitting up rulesets, but NO rulesets. An option to use automatic sorting based on rulesets but also to be able to create bags of any size, named any name, so you may organize how you like.
That's precisely what I'm looking for. My girlfriend gave up ArkInventory for pretty much the same reason I did -- needed too much constant housekeeping. It actually ended up taking more time categorizing things and trying to figure out where it decided to put items that fell into my bags than it would have trying to rummage through an unsorted mess of a sack. I prefer to spend more time playing than fumbling through my bags, which is why I've wanted an add-on like this in the first place. And trying to separate things in the default bags or an all-in-one bag leads to wasted space and spending ages trying to make room for stuff.

Maybe I've just grown a bit too OCD for WoW in the past couple of years.
02-22-07, 03:14 PM   #11
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I downloaded Baggins and Baggins_ClosetGnome the other day and this addon combination is simply awesome. (I was already using ClosetGnome to manage my wardrobes)

What is really neat is that you can really customize it. So you can setup a bank bag that is organized by your actual equipment sets based on your ClosetGnome wardrobe.

But wait--that's not all--how about organizing by your professions? Or by gray trash? Or by consumables or quest items?

It's been pretty cool and I've been pretty stoked. Word of caution though-- It can take some time to setup if you dont use the default and you can quickly find yourself hooked into-- "Oh, I'd like it organized this way or that way." End result though is that I got everything organized the way I want it and I never hunt for stuff.

On my rogue alt, one of the things that I hated was searching through all my bags for lockboxes. Not anymore. They all pop up in one convient area now just for lockboxes.

You can get em off of www.wowace.com/files

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for an Addon to Organize my Bank