04-10-13, 02:54 PM   #1
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
MSBT trigger question

I posted this in the comment thread and as an issue, but it's been a while and no response from Mik, so...

For Aura Application events, should the Amount condition be comparing against the 16th parameter of the associated SPELL_AURA_APPLIED combat log event?

I have a trigger set up as:
Classes: Priest
Event: Aura Application { Source = You, Skill ID = 17, Amount > 1 }
Exception: Unavailable Skill = Divine Aegis

If I remove the Amount, it works.
It seems like that should work. I don't really want to look into the code for the whole trigger system and find out what it's doing :|.
04-10-13, 03:31 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you sure SPELL_AURA_APPLIED provides an amount value for Power Word: Shield?

Do you get any error messages, or just nothing appears?
04-10-13, 04:55 PM   #3
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I can confirm that the 16. argument of SPELL_AURA_APPLIED with Power Word: Shield is the absorb amount. (e.g. 67429.0703125)
04-10-13, 05:40 PM   #4
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
Definitely has amount. The trigger does not fire with the amount condition in place. Without the amount portion (only that part removed), the trigger does fire.

I can only imagine that either it's not connected to that amount or it was and something happened.
04-13-13, 04:18 AM   #5
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
Yeah, yeah. "I want you guys to look for me." I know.

So, each event type has a "capture function". The function for SPELL_AURA_APPLIED is:

SPELL_AURA_APPLIED = function (p, ...) p.eventType, p.amount, p.skillID, p.skillName, p.skillSchool, p.auraType = "aura", 1, ... end
This is followed by the function for SPELL_AURA_APPLIED_DOSE:

SPELL_AURA_APPLIED_DOSE = function (p, ...) p.eventType, p.skillID, p.skillName, p.skillSchool, p.auraType, p.amount = "aura", ... end
So, that one pulls amount from the right place. I followed the code through trigger evaluation and it does not reach back into the vararg to get the actual amount after the fact.

Can anyone think of why SPELL_AURA_APPLIED's amount is set explicitly to 1?

Last edited by pelf : 04-13-13 at 04:30 AM.
04-13-13, 01:35 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Either it's a copypasta mistake, or at the time it was written, SPELL_AURA_APPLIED didn't provide actual amount information. Your best bet is to just patch your local copy (change "1" to something like "p.amount or 1" so it won't die on auras that don't provide an amount) and get in touch with the author to get the update included in the official version.
04-13-13, 03:05 PM   #7
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
Well, the problem is, as it turns out, that amount contains aura stack count for _DOSE-type events. Later on, the code is checking to see if amount > 1 to determine if the aura is stacking. I'm going to have to add another flag to that event info table to indicate whether it was a _DOSE-type event rather than relying on amount being 1 for non-_DOSE-type events. Let's see if this works...

Yep, that did it. Stacking auras still function and now non-stack aura amount values can be read.

Last edited by pelf : 04-13-13 at 03:09 PM.
04-15-13, 09:00 AM   #8
Mikord
A Theradrim Guardian
Thanks for looking into it. Phanx is correct that at the time the code was written, SPELL_AURA_APPLIED didn't provide amount information, so I hard coded it to 1. And, as you pointed at, the code later checks for amounts >1 to determine stacks, since that was true at the time the code was written. I'll apply the patch to account for the changes.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MSBT trigger question