10-17-10, 10:20 PM   #1
Boonwa
A Defias Bandit
Leatherworking

Carbonite 4.0006 is causing my leatherworking tab to disappear. i have to abandon the profession, go back to the trainer and get the icon again to put in my tab. but unfortunately, after quitting the game (WOW) and restarting, the icon is gone again. I also put in a ticket to Blizz GM in case it may a glitch there. Any ideas?

Frustrated

10-18-10, 04:54 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite does nothing that should cause that.

When you press P and click on the Professions tab, you don't see Leatherworking in one of the two profession slots? You would drag the Leatherworking icon from there to an action bar slot.

10-18-10, 04:59 PM   #3
willgk
An Aku'mai Servant
When the Icon disappears that means you are at max skill and need to train the next level up. It's a bug, a very silly bug, but none the less a bug with the game itself.

10-18-10, 05:05 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Interesting. Good info.

I played a few hours last night just doing quests, but that is all the time I've had to actually play since this patch.

10-19-10, 04:44 AM   #5
Boonwa
A Defias Bandit
re leatherworking

it shows under professions that leatherworking is ther and is 49 btw but no icon beside it. so i unlearn it, relearn it . start over. quit the game . restart the game. and the prof is there but no icon and the icon in my task bar is also gone. hopefully that helps you understand whats going on. im going to do it all over again today. when the maint. schedule is over and the new , new, new version of carbonite is installed.

10-20-10, 01:21 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I doubt it is a Carbonite problem and is probably a game bug as willgk said.

When it happens, did you disable Carbonite and see if the icon is still missing?

10-31-10, 12:51 PM   #7
wolfspyr
A Defias Bandit
Leatherworking

I'm having the same problem with leatherworking and I don't have Carbonite installed. Difference is now I can't even purchase it again, it just remains.

10-31-10, 12:52 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Confirmed, its an intermittent annoying bug .. my brother was swearing back and forth the other day because both of his professions had that problem.

I've so far not come across but unfortunately I don't use carbonite by choice so isn't confirmation that it definitely isn't carbonite but I wouldn't say it was either

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

10-31-10, 02:13 PM   #9
wolfspyr
A Defias Bandit
Leatherworking

Since I don't have carbonite installed I can definitely say its not carbonite. For me its happening in nui.

10-31-10, 08:27 PM   #10
Chmee
A Molten Giant
If you visit your trainer without abandoning the profession, will he train you to the next level?

11-02-10, 02:05 AM   #11
d3m0n75
A Defias Bandit
Not just LW

I can confirm this bug exists but it is most DEFINATLY not related to carbonite, as i know my friend does not even use carbonite and never has, he also has no more than 6 addons, and even with all of them disabled he still couldnt access his engineering, tho the level of 49 was exactly where his hung up, it was while leveling an alt yesterday, I am only posting this to confirm there is a bug that is prevelant in the WOW game itself it as far as i can see is not related to any addon at all. and doesnt only affect LW. i believe it can (probably) be tested by leveling a profession to 49 then closing your professions tab. it becomes unopenable even by type /cast engineering or any other means. atleast thats all the tests to this i had him do till he dropped it and releveled it beyond 49 and hasnt had an issue since.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Leatherworking