04-11-08, 09:11 AM   #1
LadyHunter
A Kobold Labourer
Smile Hunter in trouble

Hi mobs,

I'm creating a simple addon to do the following:

1) Check, periodically (ex. every 5 seconds), if I have all the buffs I should have in raids. This is done in 2 ways:
1.1.- detect what buffs I have
1.2.- check if a player in raid can do it
For example, if I dont have Gift of the wild buff, only makes sense to point that out if there is a druid in the raid. Other example, if there are 3 palas in raid, I should have 3 buffs, if 2 palas, should have 2.
1.3.- show, on a frame, buffs I am missing

-> In order to do this, I'm looking for a fast function to detect buffs on myself... can anyone paste or link code for it?

2) If a buff is detected missing (see previous function), I would like my addon to do a silent whisper to a player in raid that can do it. For example, if I miss the intelect buff, whisper a random mage in raid "please buff intelect on me".

-> I dont want to spam whisper a player in raid, so I would like to introduce some delay (whisper every 1 minute until buff on). But I dont know how to do this delay... put a timer? Can anyone help?

-> Other thing I'm worried is about the game anti-spam mechanics... I saw some code on the DBM specific to delay the whispers so you dont get into troubles for sending too many whispers to different people. Lets say I die in a fight and get combat ressed... I need all buffs... my addon detects that, and in the same second whispers 10 different people in raid to buff me. Game anti-spam system might not accept that. However, some said once, that does not apply to players in raid. True? Can anyone comment?

Kind regards,
LadyHunter

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Hunter in trouble