02-02-13, 05:01 AM   #1
aracthebold
Premium Member

Premium Member
patch 5.2

Raythal,

Have you checked out the ptr for patch 5.2? They seem to have changed a lot of stuff as far as the maps go. I tried to use carbonite but the maps just seems to be to broken to use on the ptr. I just wanted to give you a heads up, so you could see what is broke and try and get ahead of it before the patch goes live.

another thing that looks like it changed is when you press "m" to bring up the map there is a quest log under the map of the zone you are in. This seem to work only if you are tracking a quest.

thanks for all your hard work
Aracthebold

Last edited by aracthebold : 02-02-13 at 05:22 AM. Reason: updated info

02-02-13, 04:36 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by aracthebold View Post
another thing that looks like it changed is when you press "m" to bring up the map there is a quest log under the map of the zone you are in. This seem to work only if you are tracking a quest.
Are you seeing this behavior with the default Blizzard map, the Carbonite map, or both?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

02-02-13, 06:01 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Downloading PTR now... but this is definitely not what I want to be hearing when i'm in the middle of the first major overhaul.

02-02-13, 07:01 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Downloading PTR now... but this is definitely not what I want to be hearing when i'm in the middle of the first major overhaul.
Yeah, I've only got 17.4 GB to go, so I should also be able to check it ........ ummmmm ...... probably tomorrow sometime (been downloading for about three hours now).

I know the default world map has an option to show quest information under it, but I have those options disabled (besides, I use Mapster to make my Blizzard map more "pretty" when I want to look at it).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

02-02-13, 07:36 PM   #5
aracthebold
Premium Member

Premium Member
It was the default map, I could not get carbonite to really work at all.

It has been so long since I used the default UI I could not say if it was new feature or not.

As it stands with carbonite enabled right after the load screen you get the popup about to many errors do you want to disable the addon.

the error is interface\addons\carbonite\Nxmap.lua:4831:division by zero

hope this helps out some. Let me know if you need anything else

Aracthebold

02-03-13, 03:11 AM   #6
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by aracthebold View Post
It was the default map, I could not get carbonite to really work at all.

It has been so long since I used the default UI I could not say if it was new feature or not.

As it stands with carbonite enabled right after the load screen you get the popup about to many errors do you want to disable the addon.

the error is interface\addons\carbonite\Nxmap.lua:4831:division by zero

hope this helps out some. Let me know if you need anything else

Aracthebold
Can you install the addons "!Buggrabber" and "Bugsack" (both available on curse, can provide links if you need) ? These will catch the errors and present them in a more meaningful way so Rythal can see where the problems are quicker

02-06-13, 12:55 AM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Finally had a chance to look into it,

It's because they added 2 new "main" maps, isle of giants and isle of thunder, carbonite see's the maps exist according to blizzard (and you should see in your chat log "Unknown Map isle of giants 6 4") and stops working properly because it doesn't know how to handle the maps since it's not in the db's.

unfortunately it seems 90% of the info I need to properly add them is not yet on the PTR (no overlays for giants, only 1 for thunder called LOCK1)

This also means carbonite will be broken for every locale until I get the translations for the 2 islands.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » patch 5.2