03-06-12, 04:13 AM   #1
kaels
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minimal code for creating a SecureGroupHeader?

I think I've read through about a dozen unit/raid frames addons by now (oUF, Grid, Pitbull (aargh), Vuhdo (omgwtf), Healbot, who knows how many others) and I still don't understand how headers get created. I can't find a simplified example online; I have the book from wowprogramming, which does a simple raid frame, but half of it's in XML.

All I want to do (for now) is create a header that displays a frame for each of my raid members when I am in a raid. It doesn't need to do anything yet, I just want it to appear on my screen.

I have the following:

lua Code:
  1. function KaelFrames:Create(unit)
  2.     local frame = CreateFrame("Button", "KaelFrames_"..unit, UIParent, "SecureUnitButtonTemplate")
  3.     frame.backdrop = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, frame)
  4.     SecureUnitButton_OnLoad(frame, unit)
  5.     RegisterUnitWatch(frame)
  6.     frame.elements = {}
  7.     self:ConfigureFrame(frame)
  8.     return frame
  9. end
  11. function KaelFrames:CreateHeader(header)
  12.     local frame = CreateFrame("Frame", "KaelFrames_"..header, UIParent, "SecureGroupHeaderTemplate")
  13.     -- what goes here?
  14.     return frame
  15. end
ConfigureFrame() sets the width, height, backdrop, etc. and inherits some functions.

When I feed "player" or "target" or "raid1" into Create(), it produces a clickable frame with a visible backdrop that appears when the unit exists and works for targeting the unit, which is all I expect it to do at this point.

What I would like CreateHeader() to do is, when I feed it "raid", to create a header and call Create() to create a frame for each raid member. Or some equivalent.

I know I need to define the header's initialConfigFunction, which needs to be some sort of superlong string, but I don't know what needs to be in that string and I don't know what else needs to happen.

Can anyone help?
03-06-12, 07:42 AM   #2
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://github.com/haste/oUF/blob/a0...419bd1/ouf.lua

436-546

That is the spawnHeader function from oUF.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Minimal code for creating a SecureGroupHeader?