10-14-09, 01:12 PM   #1
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Keybinds wiping out

Starting today 10/14 on multiple toons and multiple spec (whether or not i swapped) my NUI keybindings disappear and/or reset.

Disappear = standard keys like 1 thru = still work but do not show up on Nui's buttons anymore

Reset = specific keybinds assigned to various nui bar boxes are just gone.

I have rekeybound on 1st toon. After a dungeon run they suddenly disappeared and reset while on my second toon.

No general error messages. Any suggestions where to start looking?

10-14-09, 01:18 PM   #2
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

I had this happen to me once (not since rekeybinding) and my friend who I got hooked on nUI has been having this happen to him a lot over the last few days.

10-14-09, 01:24 PM   #3
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Update i just logged back into toon 1 and all key binds have disappeared and reset upon log in/

Again 1 thru = work
but anything custom is gone again. sigh

10-14-09, 03:00 PM   #4
Treboron
A Cyclonian
2nd update... Now that I remember it the problem actually started last night when my new (1st ever) druid learned bear form and i went into that stance.

THe keys were non-bound and I rebound them before logging...

Wasn't there an old bug with druids and nui?

10-14-09, 03:02 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From the WoW Forum
Q u o t e: by Slouken
Right now if you want to disable the setting synchronization, you can do this on each computer where you want only local settings:
/console synchronizeSettings 0

In 3.0.3 you will be able to manage macros vs key bindings separately:
/console synchronizeConfig 0
-- turns off synchronization of UI settings
/console synchronizeBindings 0
-- turns off synchronization of key bindings
/console synchronizeMacros 0
-- turns off synchronization of macros

Whenever settings are downloaded from the server, the old settings are saved in <file>.old, so you can quickly log out, move them back into place and they'll be uploaded to the server (unless synchronizeSettings is 0).

10-14-09, 03:20 PM   #6
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Thanks... But...

Which one of those do I need and why do i SUDDENLY need to do this?

Any chance my 3hour ban could have did something to those settings? (Reported for trade chat spamming - So much for having some fun).

10-14-09, 03:59 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The one that says keybindings. There is a bug within the game that causes them to (sometimes) disappear when they're saved server side. Save them locally instead.

My boyfriend has the exact same issue... all his keybinds keep disappearing.

10-14-09, 04:55 PM   #8
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Thanks

How annoying of a bug

10-14-09, 06:59 PM   #9
Treboron
A Cyclonian
The console thing is not working... Do i have to do it after everytime i log in?

10-15-09, 07:17 AM   #10
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I've been getting the same thing for the past few days... It's actually pretty funny and bad. The first time I noticed it was on an add in Ony 25m. I was only white hitting and nothing else worked.

To add a little to the mystery of it all, the keybindings did not show up on the bars, however they would work while *not* in combat. They stopped working while in combat and my keybindings keep wiping every time I seem to switch toons. I have to rebind almost all three bars again on every toon. On my rogue, I was in stealth (before rebinding) and after being popped out by the blast nova when I hit the bindings it was saying "requires you to be in stealth".

I have not tried that console thing yet, but I will be doing that the next time I log in. (Do I have to do that with every charcater, or just one?)

10-15-09, 09:14 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

It is my understanding that this problem is more or less a WoW wide problem and not related specifically to nUI -- is that correct?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-15-09, 09:33 AM   #12
Treboron
A Cyclonian
Well the console commands do nothing and individual key bindings check box also does nothing. (I only play on one pc).

Is this a wow bug, a nUI issue, both or just totally random and i'm screwed?

Edit:
I thought I found an addon that had the console setting as one of its options. IT worked until I swapped toons.

So even though my settings are being saved locally, they are still wiping out. SIGH

edit 2:
WTF... /rl after logging in and the keybinds appear to be back and fully functional... Also fixes druid/bear shifted toon

Last edited by Treboron : 10-15-09 at 10:13 AM.

10-15-09, 10:44 AM   #13
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If you go to the WoW key binding interface (press "Escape" and select "Key Binding") I believe there are options there for whether you are saving your bindings per character or not -- I'm not sure if there's an option for local or server side -- is that option turned on or off? What happens if you select the opposite setting?

10-15-09, 11:36 AM   #14
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Actually... This is interesting. I did that console thing. Logged onto a different toon and my bindings were wiped out. I wasn't happy, came here and looked at other posts...

Did a /nui rl (like Treboron) and all my keybindings came back. Perhaps this is more of an Nui/WoW integration thing that should be looked into?

GOOD TO KNOW TO DO A RELOAD - saves lots of time trying to rebind three bars of actions... again and again.

My settings are not character specific... If I make them character specific, my bindings go away. If I do an /nui rl - they come back... I go back into the settings and the character specific box is still checked off. If I switch back to general, I lose the bindings again...

Last edited by schizophrena : 10-15-09 at 11:39 AM.

10-15-09, 12:52 PM   #15
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
It is my understanding that this problem is more or less a WoW wide problem and not related specifically to nUI -- is that correct?
This is correct. If people are having a hard time with the settings I provided in my previous post, they can give this new addon a try;

Key Bindings Profiler
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...sProfiler.html

Perhaps this is something that can be added in 6.0? /begs

10-15-09, 03:42 PM   #16
talkingmike
A Murloc Raider
I am seeing this as well.

I look in the Keybind menu and see that the default ActionBar 1 keys are set correctly to 1 through =, but those are not being populated down to nUI. Don't the nUI action bars map to certain Blizzard Action Bars?

10-15-09, 04:56 PM   #17
spiel2001
nUI's Author

That sounds to me like Blizzard is resetting the key bindings without notifying the addons... nUI responds to all binding change events, so apparently Blizzard is setting the bindings back on the action bars but never announcing it which means nUI can't move them back onto it's own bars.

That's a good catch. I'll see if I can figure out a work-around for it.

10-15-09, 08:14 PM   #18
QuestorWI
An Aku'mai Servant
That sounds to me like Blizzard is resetting the key bindings without notifying the addons... nUI responds to all binding change events, so apparently Blizzard is setting the bindings back on the action bars but never announcing it which means nUI can't move them back onto it's own bars.

That's a good catch. I'll see if I can figure out a work-around for it.
Sounds to me that Blizzard is trying to get players pissed off at a great UI addon so they can push their new & improved piece of trash UI in the next patch. BTW this is also happening on the PTR. they have also messed up Carbonite and QuestHelper on the PTR.

10-16-09, 10:43 AM   #19
QuestorWI
An Aku'mai Servant
If you go to the WoW key binding interface (press "Escape" and select "Key Binding") I believe there are options there for whether you are saving your bindings per character or not -- I'm not sure if there's an option for local or server side -- is that option turned on or off? What happens if you select the opposite setting?
I went and selected the "Character Specific" option and rebound my keys on each of my toons. When I switch between the toons the key binding is gone, so selecting this option did nothing to coirrect the problem. Each time I login I have to do /nui rl to get them back. I hope that this problem will be corrected before the next patch goes live.

10-16-09, 12:33 PM   #20
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I save my settings locally to my machine, and have never once lost my key binds or any of my other settings. My boyfriend doesn't and loses his key binds all the time (he uses nUI).. he's convinced it has something to do with the mounts because his key binds disappear every time he gets off a mount.

Blizz needs to fix this bug.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Keybinds wiping out