06-02-09, 09:15 PM   #101
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by drmaniac View Post
Blizzard forced me to change my character name.

After that, and relogin, Macaroon dont have any more my self created bars and buttons.
Open:
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/SavedVariables/Macaroon.lua
..and replace all instances of "OldCharacterName" with "NewCharacterName".

06-06-09, 11:31 AM   #102
J3ff0
A Kobold Labourer
Paged bar help?

Hello all, I'm fairly certain what I'm doing is pretty simple, but I can't for the life of me figure it out--

All I want is a main bar that can change between two totally unique sets of buttons (DPS and tanking), *NOT* automatically based on target, etc. but *manually*, preferably changed through a swapping macro button on a separate bar.

The approach I'm trying right now is to have two bars: one, the main bar, which is set as paged, and the second, a simple two-button bar which will have the functionality oh swapping between the two pages depending on which is clicked.

As of now, I've gotten both pages of the main bar set up, but I have no idea how to set up a macro to swap between them. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Edit: I should point out that I have VERY little macro-crafting experience. I've looked around but I can't find any, you know, EASY ways to deal with this ):

Last edited by J3ff0 : 06-06-09 at 12:48 PM.

06-10-09, 03:02 AM   #103
Luperco
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, I'm a long term Trinity/Macaroon user.

First I would like to thanks for this fantastic add on.

Unfortunately I have a problem with Macaroon. I'm not sure when it started but, with the last version of the add on (installed via Curse client) my main bar (stanced) doesn't switch to prowl state when I prowling in cat form (if you don't figure ourself, I'm a druid ).

There is something broken in one of the new versions? Or something is changed and I missed it?

Thank you for help.

06-23-09, 08:35 PM   #104
Kou
A Murloc Raider

%t and such.

I've been trying for the past day to figure out how to get the %t (followed by the Health and such) to work. I already know that %t says the targets name and such, but I can't get it to name the class and such using the format described in the posts. ( %t:c:h:m)

Can you help me with this? (I'd love for you to send me a private message)

P.S. I've tried putting ; : / , . in between the letters (%t(;:/,.)c(;:/,.)+ but it won't work. >< And yes I am using the macaroon macro editor

--- Another problem I just noticed is that I can't delete macros in the macro editor. Any help for this as well?

Last edited by Kou : 06-24-09 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Noticed something else wrong

06-25-09, 04:59 PM   #105
Hexe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi! I'm having a problem with the spell binding.
On my druid I have Tree of Life bound to mouse button 4. I usually have that button bound to autorun on my warlock, but now I can't get it to work. If I try rebinding it to autorun, it pops up a message that Tree of Life is now unbound, but it still won't let me autorun. This happens any time I try to rebind it.
I looked in the MacaroonBound.lua in my saved variables for my warlock, and noticed that it lists both my druid's bound keys, and my warlock's.
Is there a way to save it per character, so that my druid's only work on my druid, and vice versa?

Also, I'm having trouble getting my bar to switch properly for vehicles. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When I'm doing the tournament, it's no big deal, as I can just pop off of it, and hop on again and it's usually fixed the second time, but it really sucks on stuff like Malygos, where I don't have the opportunity to just hop off, and spending the entire end of the encounter with no abilities whatsoever really blows. I'm wondering if maybe I've missed some completely obvious setting, or something.

Last edited by Hexe : 06-30-09 at 07:39 AM.

07-01-09, 06:36 AM   #106
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Pet Bar, Malygos

Vehicles are challenging. Up till now to solve most encounters, 1) left-click the edit bars mini-map button, 2) left-click the (possess?) bar until it's in "pet" mode to show the vehicle-skills, then 3) left-click the edit bars mini-map button to turn off bar edit mode. This is a slow, painful process, but works fine in most encounters. However, Malygos cannot be solved in this fashion. Left-clicking the edit bars mini-map button can only be done out-of-combat.

My guild insists that we run Malygos tonight and every week, so need a solution as it appears many others have the same issue? Thanks

07-07-09, 12:58 PM   #107
Evensong
A Kobold Labourer
I am also having an issue with the Pet/Possess Bar.

On my hunter, my pet bar works as it should without any problems.

However, on my Death Knight, no matter what I do, I do not get any buttons for my pet.

I was playing on my Priest the other day and did a Mind Control and also noticed that my possess bar doesn't work either. Of course, being in combat I couldn't play with the bar settings. All I get when I do set up the buttons on the Possess bar is the following placed in the second button:

"#macaroon-possesscancel
/run if (Macaroon.PossessSpell) then CancelUnitBuff("player", Macaroon.PossessSpell) end"

Having both of these bars is very important to me as I don't have the classic pet bar hot keys (I've remapped all of my keybinds). Not to mention if I ever had to Mind Control in 25 Naxx I would be having some serious problems.

I have enabled the Default Blizzard Bar for Vehicles (I don't know if this would cause a problem or not) since it is far easier to do this than to create another bar. Also, I have also done a clean install on Macaroon (due to having to reinstall WoW) so I can't figure out what the problem might be.

07-13-09, 12:02 PM   #108
biceboca
A Kobold Labourer
Dear anyone!

How to remove a macaroon button??

I typed "/mac add" and a button was made. It does not even appear on the "stored buttons" screen if I open macaroon from the interface. (why does it not show up there?)

I wasted 2 hours trying to remove this button. What to do??? Please help.

(I need more macro space so I tried using macaroon but instead of succeeding I find it impossible to remove this first made button. I uninstalled mac and reinstalled with a new clean install and the button is still there. What to do?

After I manage to erase this I plan to start creating macro buttons from the interface stored buttons option. Or how to create buttons? An this button I created why does it now show uo on a bar? Why is my button independent from other bars I created (I could nice erase those). I watn my buitton to be part of a bar. Macaroon is so confusing so far but it looks the right thing I need. Is there a how to use thing for it?

Thank you for your help!

07-18-09, 12:40 PM   #109
Tief
A Defias Bandit
biceboca all you need to do is get in bar edit mode (click on Macaroon button), click on the button you want to remove, and then right-click the Macaroon button and select 'delete bar'.

A Macaroon button is a 'bar' with 1 button.

Sounds like you would do well to go to the beginning of this thread and read up about how to use Macaroon.

When removing an addon, the data for it is stored in the wtf folder. You need to go in to that folder and remove all the data to completely uninstall it. You may need to do this with every character. Some of the addon managers will do this for you I think, some won't. If you don't do this, when you re-install the addon all the data it uses will still be there. If you are no longer using the addon at all, leaving the stuff it left behind in the wtf folder won't hurt anything.

You can also just remove the stuff in the addon folder without uninstalling the addon if you want to reset everything for the addon. This is a brute-force method, you shouldn't have to with a properly written addon, but that will work if all else fails.

07-18-09, 12:42 PM   #110
Tief
A Defias Bandit
Maul you have probably answered this question, sorry if I'm asking it again, but do you use a multi-boxing program like Keyclone or ISBoxer, and if so which one is it?

Thanks!

08-06-09, 03:10 PM   #111
draculsturm
A Defias Bandit
Everything seems to be working fairly well for 3.2, except an error I get when mousing over the Macaroon Spellbook button. Something to the effect of Colors not found, which seems to be a common problem many addons are having with 3.2.

Any ETA on an update?

08-08-09, 05:46 PM   #112
Shamoos
A Murloc Raider
Since the update, mine seems to have completely broken .. but I'm seeing here in the forum that things seem to be fine? Am I the only one? Anyone have any suggestions? I really miss my macaroon .. I sorta relied on it for extra toolbar buttons for my Hunter. I don't even have the Macaroon button anymore on my Minimap .. it's completely broken.

08-09-09, 02:23 PM   #113
bitechu
A Murloc Raider
Nevermind, I had some keybinds that were hidden from any menu, script fixed it.

Last edited by bitechu : 08-09-09 at 03:40 PM.

08-11-09, 03:19 AM   #114
Silverwings
A Defias Bandit
Death Knights and Minion's

I apologize if someone already asked this and I just missed it.

The problem I seem to be having is all my buttons work fine, until I summon my minion. Then I can no longer click on any of the buttons, I can click them but nothing happens. Death grip, bone shield, work but none of my actual attacks. Any help you could give me on this please let me know.

I have a hunter and do not have this issue on my hunter or warlock only on my death knight.

Thank you,

08-12-09, 01:39 AM   #115
durridt
A Murloc Raider
Food popup using /select

I've been trying to create a popup for my food items. Ideally, I would like to have 2 of them: one for food that provides buffs, and another for just plain old food. I can't seem to figure out what to put in the item list. I get either everything in my bags or nothing. Can anyone help me?

Additionally, I am trying to create a popup for my crafting skills; I've tried /select spell:... and /select iterm: .... neither seems to work.

Sorry for the "macro noob" question, but I'm stuck.

thanks
Durridt

08-14-09, 10:09 PM   #116
durridt
A Murloc Raider
When I mouse over the spells link on the main menu with my rogue. The following error pops up.
Message: Interface\AddOns\MacaroonXtras\MacaroonXtras.lua:833: attempt to call global 'PlayerHasSpells' (a nil value)
Time: 08/14/09 21:06:05
Count: 1
Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
[C]: in function `PlayerHasSpells'
Interface\AddOns\MacaroonXtras\MacaroonXtras.lua:833: in function `SpellbookButton_OnEnter'
[string "*:OnEnter"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

Locals: self = MacaroonSpellbookButton {
normaltexture = MacaroonSpellbookButtonNormalTexture {
}
0 = <userdata>
icontexture = <unnamed> {
}
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to call global 'PlayerHasSpells' (a nil value)"
Am I doing something wrong; or is this an issue you need to see?

Durridt

08-15-09, 08:41 PM   #117
Topless
A Defias Bandit
Ok I got everything updated but lost my bags and normal interface buttons. How do I get these back?

I use to have my bags mouseover only but now gone for good

Thanks Topless

08-17-09, 12:00 AM   #118
terracloud
A Murloc Raider

Macaroon Extensions - select

I was wondering if there was a way to combine spells and items that do the same general thing (teleport:xx, hearthstone, engineering items, dalaran rings). Is this possible, or is this something I'd have to get with a list of spell/item id's or another mod all together?

08-17-09, 10:23 PM   #119
Topless
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Ok I got everything updated but lost my bags and normal interface buttons. How do I get these back?

I use to have my bags mouseover only but now gone for good

Thanks Topless
Still looking for a solution

08-18-09, 06:08 PM   #120
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by terracloud View Post
I was wondering if there was a way to combine spells and items that do the same general thing (teleport:xx, hearthstone, engineering items, dalaran rings). Is this possible, or is this something I'd have to get with a list of spell/item id's or another mod all together?
There is no way for an addon to categorize spells or items on an arbitrary basis like "rings purchased from a vendor in Dalaran" without having a huge database of all existing items and all possible arbitrary groupings. Libraries like PeriodicTable attempt to do this, and addons like the monstrously bloated AutoBar use it to provide the feature you describe, but it's really beyond the scope of an action bar addon to attempt to guess which items you'd like to group together.

Most of those groups you describe are fairly static (i.e. there are only so many teleport spells, and they aren't subject to change) so you should probably just buckle down and spend the 20 minutes it would take to set them up.

Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Still looking for a solution
Generally if settings are lost after you update an addon, there is no way to retrieve them, so there is no "solution". Your old settings are gone. Just redo them.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread