11-08-12, 01:52 PM   #1
AnthonyK
WTF

Waypoints

So, I know Carbonite can emulate the racking arrow like TomTom, but is there a way to set waypoints from a cpmmand line with Carbonite?

Like in TomTom I can type /way 24 24 and it will set a point there and get me heading that direction. Can Carbonite do this without having to open the map, find the coordinates manually and CTRL-Clicking?

Being you are overhauling Carbonite, I know this could be a lot to ask for, but if they aren't already implemented somehow, could you put commands like these TomTom ones into Carbonite?

Code:
Slash Command	        Description	
/way 14.78 23.9	        Add a new waypoint at 14.78, 23.90	
/way Nagrand 45 50	Add a new waypoint in Nagrand at 45, 50	
/way 14.78 23.90        This is a waypoint!	Add a new waypoint with a description	
/way reset all	        Remove ALL current waypoints	
/way reset Nagrand	Remove all waypoints in Nagrand	
/wayb or /wayback	Sets a waypoint at the current location	
/cway or /closestway	Set the crazy arrow to the closest waypoint

11-08-12, 02:24 PM   #2
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite already supports the /way x y like tomtom when you have tomtom emulation check in the options. as for the description i havent got that to work yet

11-08-12, 06:53 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I'll add more of the /way support later, I used it myself on lorewalkers and was wishing I had added /way next or something like that since it's very picky at picking up you arrived at your target sometimes.

11-09-12, 06:49 PM   #4
AnthonyK
WTF

Originally Posted by mjumnito View Post
Carbonite already supports the /way x y like tomtom when you have tomtom emulation check in the options. as for the description i havent got that to work yet
OMG, I feel like such a newb! I SWEAR I tried /way x,y and it did nothing... now it works... ROFL! Well ok then.. i'm good. LOL Thanks.

11-13-12, 02:54 AM   #5
MorningAfter
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I'll add more of the /way support later, I used it myself on lorewalkers and was wishing I had added /way next or something like that since it's very picky at picking up you arrived at your target sometimes.
The "Skip Current Target" option in the Carbonite section of the keybindings that will skip to the next goto target.

I have noticed Carbonite gets very finicky with picking up waypoints after entering a dungeons and coming back out. Almost impossible to get it to pick them up.

I also used Carbonite for Lorewalkers and wish I could have manually skipped to the next target since some of them are in caves, or might have to search for them for a sec, etc. and having the goto target there would have been nice. I was looking for a "mark goto target reached range" or an" automatically mark goto targets reached" setting for that case. Although I imagine that setting would have extremely limited use.

Thanks,

11-13-12, 09:45 AM   #6
anteract
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
The addon "Archy" manages to somehow tell Carbonite that "you are here" is a variable size area. You can tell it 150' is "here" or 25' is here. Dunno how, but carbonite is perfectly happy using its choices. Just threw that out there in case it gives any ideas on how to deal with the "picky waypoint" thing.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Waypoints