05-02-11, 01:28 PM   #1
Moonraiser
A Defias Bandit
Minimap - instance maps

Not sure if I am just missing something, but I'm not always getting an "instance" map when I zone in. I did Vortex Pin on one toon and had a map where I could see my party members etc, then did old strat on an alt and there was sort of a map. It was a solid pic, no party couldn't see much of the zone really, so I had no clue where the next wave of mobs was spawning at since there was no arrow. Is there a setting or plugin or something I need to get the instance maps for all the instances?

05-03-11, 09:41 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Atlas?

You used to have to have Atlas installed to get the instance maps in Carbonite, but I thought you didn't have to do that anymore.

EDIT: Fixed the link, so it'll actually take you to the "Atlas" page. D'OH!!!!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-05-11 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Fix the link!

05-05-11, 12:49 PM   #3
Moonraiser
A Defias Bandit
It's some setting I have messed up and I can't figure out what. If I do a reload in an instance for a sec I can see the "instance map" then this big circular solid pic shows up that is so not helpful. It's "docking" and nothing I've tried will make it stop.

Last edited by Moonraiser : 05-05-11 at 01:11 PM.

05-05-11, 10:07 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue. I don't run many instances, but the low level ones I have been in everything worked out OK. The only thing I can suggest is that you play around with the settings on the "Map Minimap" options page, and maybe some of the Carbonite minimized map right click menu "Minimap" settings.

Hmmmm.... Just re-read your post and it made me remember something. Have you tried zooming the map out while in the instance? Or, maybe you need to zoom in. Have you tried right clicking the minimized map and choosing "Restore map scale".

05-05-11, 10:26 PM   #5
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

When in doubt, flush them out!

Try deleting any/all carbonite related files and grab a new set. And make sure you get the beta download, as that is the most recent version.

Can't guarantee it will work, but it never hurts!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap - instance maps