07-21-10, 09:46 PM   #1
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
New user to RJ Edit beware!!!

If you try to open your projects without having the proper languages installed (i.e. lua), the program will pop a warning that your project needs to be updated. DO NOT DO THIS! I did and here was the end result:

CFM.lua:
Code:
[Settings]
C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CFM\CFM.rjpcfg

[OpenFiles]

[TreeState]
CFM.rjpcfg:
Code:
empty file!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I just lost 2 weeks of adjustments and additions that I announced shortly before. To say I'm pissed is an understatement. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE! Remember to copy your files before you use a new program to dink with them.
07-21-10, 09:55 PM   #2
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

What about your backups ?
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
07-21-10, 10:20 PM   #3
Sythalin
Curse staff

I can revert back to the latest release and that's it. It was my own stupidity and neglected the fundamentals. Besides for the unexpected behaviour of the program, I only have myself to blame for this one. Doesn't mean I'm any less irritated.
07-22-10, 05:28 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

07-22-10, 09:20 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Aargh I know your pain. Many years back I almost finished my first game. Granted only a small one but nonetheless it was a quick and dirty first attempt of making one. Several hundred lines later and the power cut. Needless to say that taught me well. Not only do I have a copy of all of my addons releases on the computer but I also have each stage of a work in progress so I have something to fall back on if something goes wrong.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » New user to RJ Edit beware!!!