05-11-09, 02:03 PM   #1
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

5.03.02 DEV Bug

Just got my first little glitch while doing a shakedown of the Dev version.

With the full HUD on, in combat, the Targets Buff tooltip flickers back and forth between showing the tooltip with and without Quest information added. It's happened everytime so far that I have moused over the Buff icon while in combat.

The screenshot I've uploaded shows the tooltip that flashes back and forth. I cant seem to catch it just right to show the "Quest info in the tooltip" shot yet, lol.

*Edit: Got the screenshot for the other tooltip. Those two flicker back and forth fighting each other for who will be displayed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_051109_155545.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	515.2 KB
ID:	2646  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_051109_160426.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	515.0 KB
ID:	2647  

Last edited by Vis : 05-11-09 at 02:06 PM.

05-11-09, 02:09 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure that's an nUI issue so much given that it would have nothing to do with whether or not the quest info is included. What quest mod are you using?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-11-09, 02:16 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just did more playing around right after I posted, lol. Carbonite seems to be causing it whenever you have objections in tooltips turned on within their options. It's the first time I've seen it happen though running the same addons I always have.

Here's a screenshot of the option from Carbonite, the 5th option down the list:

*Edit, I have to run out for a bit, but I'll reload the Release version of nUI+ after I get back home and do some more playing around just to be sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_051109_161524.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	451.9 KB
ID:	2648  

Last edited by Vis : 05-11-09 at 02:19 PM.

05-11-09, 02:50 PM   #4
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

This is something thats been on going with carbonite and cow tip i think nothing to do with nUI as I've seen it without nUI enabled

05-11-09, 06:24 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Good to know, I hadnt ever seen it until I installed the Dev version. I'll end up playing around with the diff versions tonight and see if anything on my end is different. I don't use anything to modify the tooltip besides nUI's anchor for them, so I'll dig further

05-11-09, 08:18 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah...so you remember the movie Liar Liar with Jim Carrey? There was a scene in an elevator where he released some noxious fumes and upon exiting the elevator, turned around with a sheepish grin and exclaimed loudly...."It was meeeee"

Somehow I had turned on the quest info in the tooltip without knowing it, probably from importing another toons settings, one I had conveniently never turned that feature off for. So it was my fault and not a bug

Crisis has been averted due to user error

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » 5.03.02 DEV Bug