04-12-09, 05:08 PM   #21
Darkorical
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
alright I have been trying to get something to do popup menues for a while now and /select looked promising but 1 I cant get it to work and 2 from reading Im not sure it will do exactly what I want

I want to make a third vertical bar on the right that each button pops out a new horizontal menu

like one button when clicked would contain macros for raid useful stuff like
/readycheck /antislack /use great feast /raid vent info =

and another one that would pop out profession links
cooking tailoring first aid enchanting

another one for
fishing it pops out to fishing equip pole/weapon and use lure

and perhaps another one for my standard chat macros
profession barker my class and info when looking for groups etc.

basically what I think Im looking for is is it possible to hide/unhide a bar by clicking on a button in another bar

04-13-09, 02:17 PM   #22
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When 3.1 hits, macaroon will have fully functioning anchor button/bar options.

As for /select, I neglected to remember that I had to make some changes to some of Macaroon's core functions to get it to work right and had to upload a new version of Macaroon, which I have since done.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

04-15-09, 06:51 PM   #23
peterveldman
A Kobold Labourer
Hello everyone, i have a little but verry annoying problem and i hope u can help me because macaroon has the best functionality i have ever seen. The problem i have is that when i place my buttons from my spellbook on my bar everything is working fine, but after i relog some of the buttons disappear and get questionmarks in there place that do nothing when i click them. all the buttons are macro buttons.

Can anyone please help me out?

ok i am ashamed but i have found the problem, i somehow posted lower rank spells on the buttons and after that i learned the new level :S

Last edited by peterveldman : 04-15-09 at 07:47 PM.

04-15-09, 08:18 PM   #24
Grrr
A Kobold Labourer
Is Macaroon 3.1 compatible?

I've a couple of comps set up with Macaroon as an action bar and after patching to 3.1 I am unable to access any of my bars. When I mouse over them they light up as they would if in configuration mode. I was wondering if others were experiencing this issue or if it was something unique to my systems. Is Macaroon suppose to function normally in 3.1 or are we still waiting on an update? If waiting on the update, here is to ya, Maul for a great mod.

Upon further examination ... toolbars are locked in a configuration state. Any right click will just bring up the bar's configuration options so its not just appearing as if it is locked in config mode; it actually is.

Please don't tell me I have to reconstruct my toolbars again? QQ

Last edited by Grrr : 04-15-09 at 08:26 PM.

04-15-09, 10:20 PM   #25
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Okay, i have a question about this function:
/doafter command -

Do I add this to the macro button as a separate line of text in the macro? Would the button look like this:
/cast Flash Heal
/doafter flash heal:succeeded:/say Flash Heal has been cast

Or is the Doafter macro supposed to be put somewhere else?

Also, could I stack multiple /doafter lines after the cast? For example:
/cast Righteous Defense
/doafter Righteous Defense:succeeded:/say Righteous Defense has been cast
/doafter Righteous Defense:failed:/say Righteous Defense has failed

Thanks, love the fact that this mod is still up and running. Still makes my life easier after putting alittle effort into it.

-Prot

04-16-09, 09:46 PM   #26
leanda_henderson
A Defias Bandit
Nub question that I can't seem to find an answer for in the guide.

How do I delete or change a key binding?

04-16-09, 09:48 PM   #27
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Grrr View Post
I've a couple of comps set up with Macaroon as an action bar and after patching to 3.1 I am unable to access any of my bars. When I mouse over them they light up as they would if in configuration mode. I was wondering if others were experiencing this issue or if it was something unique to my systems. Is Macaroon suppose to function normally in 3.1 or are we still waiting on an update? If waiting on the update, here is to ya, Maul for a great mod.

Upon further examination ... toolbars are locked in a configuration state. Any right click will just bring up the bar's configuration options so its not just appearing as if it is locked in config mode; it actually is.

Please don't tell me I have to reconstruct my toolbars again? QQ
Any changes in behavior with the latest updates?

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

04-16-09, 09:50 PM   #28
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Teaminnovator View Post
Okay, i have a question about this function:
/doafter command -

Do I add this to the macro button as a separate line of text in the macro? Would the button look like this:
/cast Flash Heal
/doafter flash heal:succeeded:/say Flash Heal has been cast

Or is the Doafter macro supposed to be put somewhere else?

Also, could I stack multiple /doafter lines after the cast? For example:
/cast Righteous Defense
/doafter Righteous Defense:succeeded:/say Righteous Defense has been cast
/doafter Righteous Defense:failed:/say Righteous Defense has failed

Thanks, love the fact that this mod is still up and running. Still makes my life easier after putting alittle effort into it.

-Prot
Yes, you add it into the macro the you want to activate the "watch" for. In theory, you could put it on another button if you were to press it before the spells event happens.

The doubling up of doafters is a great idea, but this is just the first release of the beta version. I added it on things to do

04-16-09, 09:53 PM   #29
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by leanda_henderson View Post
Nub question that I can't seem to find an answer for in the guide.

How do I delete or change a key binding?
A few ways. On the minimap button, you right click it and get a minimenu - choose "bind edit". Or just shift-click the minimap button. Or you can type "/mac bind".

Once you do that, you simply mouse-over the buttons you wish to bind and press the keys you want to bind the button too. To clear a binding, mouse-over the button and hit ESC.

04-16-09, 10:06 PM   #30
leanda_henderson
A Defias Bandit
ESC!! The one button I didn't try

Thanks for the fast response.

04-16-09, 11:53 PM   #31
Fritts
A Defias Bandit
Problem with Dot timers

Ok I have the lastest version of Macaroon installed the one released on 4/16. My problem is that I use the action bars as dot timers. It shows cooldown text on actual spell icon. I love this. However, since 3.1 it is not functioning properly. I am a warlock and there are other locks in my raids. So if I do NOT cast Curse of Agony but another lock does, I get their cd on my action bar. Even if I do cast CoA but then they cast it again after me the CD is reset to their cooldown. THis works for all common spells not just CoA. It does it for Immolate and Corruption too. Which are all my dots. WHat can I do to fix this? THanks alot. BTW this is the best UI mod there is IMO

04-17-09, 12:10 AM   #32
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Fritts View Post
Ok I have the lastest version of Macaroon installed the one released on 4/16. My problem is that I use the action bars as dot timers. It shows cooldown text on actual spell icon. I love this. However, since 3.1 it is not functioning properly. I am a warlock and there are other locks in my raids. So if I do NOT cast Curse of Agony but another lock does, I get their cd on my action bar. Even if I do cast CoA but then they cast it again after me the CD is reset to their cooldown. THis works for all common spells not just CoA. It does it for Immolate and Corruption too. Which are all my dots. WHat can I do to fix this? THanks alot. BTW this is the best UI mod there is IMO

Fixed for the next update! and thanks!

04-17-09, 04:06 AM   #33
Arcana
A Defias Bandit
Binding Priorities

Hi, I have a question about making better binding priorities, especially in the case where the dynamic appearing and disappearing of bars may affect bindings.

What I have currently is a set up as follows:

1) A "Main" bar that has a two custom states:

[target,harm] which changes the bar to a new bar if the target is not friendly;
[] which covers all other states.

2) A "Vehicle/Possess" bar that appears in a different location.

I also have assorted other bars including a pet bar.

I bind all of the buttons on each bar; in my case it's 1 through 8.

What I would like to have happen is as follows.

- When I target an enemy, and press a keybind (ex: 1) then it'll cast an attack spell.
- When I target a friend, and press a keybind (ex: 1) then it'll cast a heal.
- If I am mounted, and press a keybind (ex: 1) then it'll do whatever the vehicle action is, such as "Fire Cannon".

However, because I use custom states in my Main bar, they override over the vehicle bar because I set the main bar to activate on target.

I had the bright idea of combining the "Main" bar with the vehicle bar, but you cannot have "Custom" and "Vehicle" checked at the same time when I tried it. Similarly, there's no state to check for vehicle as far as I could test (so [novehicle,target,harm] didn't count as a valid state).

Thus the programming sequence I'd like to see happen is:

if [on a vehicle]
do a vehicle action
else [if targetting an enemy]
do a harmful spell
else
do a friendly spell
end

Is there something you can do to help me attain this setup? Thanks.

04-17-09, 08:28 AM   #34
Agedyolk
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, i am having some problem with the addon, i want to place my buttons and macros i dont want to see in my ui at the storage place, and have them there, but some of them are displayed in my ui as well, how can i make them not show in the ui, and be used as "blind" keybinds?

so how can i use it to only store the buttons, and not copy/replace my Bartender addon bars in my ui?

Last edited by Agedyolk : 04-17-09 at 08:48 AM.

04-17-09, 08:29 AM   #35
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Interesting Issue with FlameShock, WindShock, FrostShock spells... I didn't have a chance to screw with this last night, but /cast Flame Shock on a button didn't create a cooldown on the button... the Lava Burst/Chain Lightning did on the same bar.

04-17-09, 10:49 AM   #36
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
i just purchased dual spec from the trainer and immediately, half of my buttons turned into [?] - including ones that have nothing whatsoever to do with specs (like cooking, alchemy, etc).

I have the latest 4/17 version and it was working just fine prior to buying dual spec from the trainer.

is there an easy fix or do i start all over?

04-17-09, 11:49 AM   #37
Fritts
A Defias Bandit
OMG thanks so much Maul. Nice and quick. Thanks

04-18-09, 12:21 AM   #38
busbyj
A Murloc Raider
OK, I have an interesting problem... it's happened twice so far.

I have about 15 custom bars setup. All but two are always hidden, and of the two not hidden, only one is displayed at all times. Most of the buttons have key bindings.

Tonight I was trying to get a vehicle bar to work using the standard 1 - 7 keybindings. Once I bound the keys to the buttons, I discovered that the standard Blizzard button bindings (1-7) no longer worked.

So, I went back and removed the bindings from the custom vehicle bar, and then exited the Bind Edit mode. As soon as I did, ALL but 3 buttons lost their key bindings.

Again, this is the second time I've had all of my key bindings destroyed. Maul, have you seen this before? Or has anyone else?

Thank you for your time,

Jason

04-18-09, 07:05 AM   #39
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
I have one main bar and a vehicle bar as well - if I unbind 1, the other unbinds. I believe it's something to do problematically with the unbinding function (You unbind the key completely.)

Since binding takes all of 10-15 seconds when I change my binds I just know to redo the others.

04-18-09, 07:16 AM   #40
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Left-clicking on a button while in binding mode will lock that button's binding, so it cannot be changed or erased. Right-clicking a button while in binding mode will set that binding as a priority bind, meaning when that button shows, it will override all others and release that priority when hidden.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread