07-11-07, 02:51 AM   #1
slice3
A Cliff Giant

merging macros

this forum isn't for this kind of discussion but because i don't participate in many forums i'll try to get help here. i tried to do a google search for my question but didn't find a good result so here is my question:

i have built 2 macro for my character and it's working great (buffing me and my pet), but i need a command what is working under wow 2.1 (current wow version) to combine these 2.
the only problem whit it is, both of it is a very long macro and using full of 250 possible simbols. So, i want to combine these 2 macro into 1.

both of it is mapped to a key, but i want to wrote another macro where i call these 2 and in these way with one click i do all the buffs.

before you say anything, i know; is a /click command, if is working, i need a little help with it.
i'm unable to make it work this /click. how can i recall my binded keys in it? anyone know? or anyone know a different command?

Last edited by slice3 : 07-11-07 at 03:18 AM.
07-11-07, 07:17 AM   #2
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can always do a cast sequence command instead. You still have to click the button twice, but each click will cast the next option you have setup. Just dont forget to put in reset modifiers.
07-11-07, 08:11 AM   #3
slice3
A Cliff Giant

castsequence or not, first of all i need to recall a created macro, that's my firts problem. if i'm able to recall it, i suppose i can handle it.

how can i recall an "old macro" in a new macro? (bind it or not to a key)
07-11-07, 08:16 AM   #4
Geboran
You look into trying / using the SmartBuff addon? You can search for a copy of it here for a description of what it does.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-11-07, 09:01 AM   #5
slice3
A Cliff Giant

yes, is great but i feel is not what i'm looking for. i'll try it

in mean time if you have any more ideea, please share it. thank you.
07-13-07, 12:35 AM   #6
slice3
A Cliff Giant

i'd take a quick look to smartbuff but is not suits me. maybe i'm to dumb or something like that, but the only good part in smartbuff what i found is the notification about a missing buff. (don't understand me wrong, is a great tool, but not for my objectiv)

what i made is doing these:

/petaggresive
/cast Agamaggan's ... (abilities, 5 abilities on me and my pet) and few more

so, when i start the game, or running out of one of these efects, i don't need to click evety single abilities. i click only one button and get all these. And because i made already 2 macros for these abilities and working fine, i wondered if i can recall these 2 macro in a single one where is reccaled both, this way whit a single click i solve everything. (not including the combat casting or tactics)

so, any ideea to recall to existing macro in a single new one?
07-13-07, 03:29 AM   #7
alan120880
An Aku'mai Servant

hey i will try a little to solve ur problem, i apologise if this is wrong but i am going from the info i have learned from previously......

i understand that what u are trying to obtain is a macro or macros that combine multiple actions with a single click. now this as far as my understanding goes is against ToS as it is automation and u cant do more than one action with only one action by urself, with a few exceptions such as the macro i use for my hunter:

/cast hunter's mark
/petattack

(simple i know but it works)

now the nearst thing that i have come across to solving ur problem is SmartBuff but u have said that this is not sutible i am afraid what u are looking for may be impossible. unless my understanding of ur problem is not what i thought it was

again i apologise if i am wrong but this is my understanding of ur problem

good luck happy playing and keepsafe

MazzelUI FTW

07-13-07, 04:05 AM   #8
slice3
A Cliff Giant

hmmmm, let me try again:

i have macro A and macro B, both is defined by:
/cast ...
/stopcasting
/use ...

but the command lines dosn't matter, and both working fine.

Now it's comming the interesting part.
I read it on different forums you can combine (merge) different macros, and this is what i need. for that you have different methods. [list]
* Is an addon (don't working for me, maybe is no longer supported) where you can expand these 250 charaters given to a macro (practicly you can double the characters number), this can be a solution, but don't working now.
* Or you can use a slash command like
ex.:
/click petactionbutton5 rightbutton

and in this way you can use an existing macro in your new macro.
unfortunately i don't know the exact sintax for this command and also i don't know how to identifie the button alocated for my macro. (i can see it, ex. bartender action bar 1 button 1, but in this method isn't working), so i bind it to a key if this can make a little easy my search and maybe i can get a command to say just
ex.:
/click E leftbutton

in the final i want something like this, and is dosn't matter if i recall macro A or the binded key E.
ex
/click macro A leftbutton
/click macro B leftbutton

maybe the /click command is not a correct command, if you know a better and working one let me know.

let me see if you are a little closer to understand what i need, if not i'll try again with all my best. sorry for english but i'm nor native, so maybe this is the reason why i can be full understandable.
07-13-07, 06:10 AM   #9
slice3
A Cliff Giant

after searching and searching i found this one:
possible solution
i don't have the time to check it out, but later in this evening i'll give it a try and let all of you know. If i made it, will be great. whit one click i'll be able to do more than 10 things without bot-ing.
i hope to be the solution
07-13-07, 08:57 AM   #10
slice3
A Cliff Giant

unfortunately, runmacro is incompatible with the curent wow version, can someone made an update for it?
07-13-07, 09:14 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It probably hasn't been updated because each spell/ability *requires* a hardware event - this is what alan120880 was trying to say.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-13-07, 09:18 AM   #12
Geboran
Hmmm....

You could try using the /stopcasting command between buffs that you are casting.

For example, something like:

/cast <spell1>
/stopcasting
/cast <spell2>

It takes up precious character spaces for the 255 character macro limit though. So long as the spell doesn't affect the Global Cooldown, the macro should continue to cast each item.

Or a castsequence macro such as this:

4 Aspects on 1 key: left and right mouse clicks
————————————————————–
/castsequence [button:1] Aspect of the Hawk, Aspect of the Monkey
/castsequence [button:2] Aspect of the Pack, Aspect of the Wild

Again, so long as the spell doesn't trip the Global Cooldown, you should be good to go with either option.

Good luck!
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-13-07, 09:37 AM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Geboran
Hmmm....

You could try using the /stopcasting command between buffs that you are casting.

For example, something like:

/cast <spell1>
/stopcasting
/cast <spell2>

It takes up precious character spaces for the 255 character macro limit though. So long as the spell doesn't affect the Global Cooldown, the macro should continue to cast each item.
That's the kicker right there - the global cooldown.

Or a castsequence macro such as this:

4 Aspects on 1 key: left and right mouse clicks
————————————————————–
/castsequence [button:1] Aspect of the Hawk, Aspect of the Monkey
/castsequence [button:2] Aspect of the Pack, Aspect of the Wild

Again, so long as the spell doesn't trip the Global Cooldown, you should be good to go with either option.
Here, Global Cooldown doesn't matter, since you need to click the button for every spell in a cast sequence macro.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-13-07, 09:46 AM   #14
slice3
A Cliff Giant

castsequence require many clicks and ....
maybe the only problem is: i can't make myself understandable. i don't think that's an imposible question because i see examples working on earlier version of wow. it's imposible to not exist any for curent version.

BUT THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TRY.
i'll continue my search

btw. can someone tell me if runmacro is working anymore? i use mainly fubar addons, but maybe xperl, pitbull or i don't know, other combinations suport this ADD's
07-13-07, 10:54 AM   #15
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by slice3
i see examples working on earlier version of wow. it's imposible to not exist any for curent version.
No, it's not impossible. Because Blizzard changed it with 2.0 to make it not work on purpose.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » combined macros help