11-04-14, 03:36 AM   #1
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Detecting ESO Addons.

Can we please get rid of this? I don't have ESO installed on my computer, never have. But still the client have to load ESO addons for about 1-2 minutes...
11-04-14, 07:14 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Hi Pigl33t, When you restart Minion does it really sit there for a minute or two? With a few dozen addons and 2 wow installs Minion loads in about 10 - 20 seconds for me. Faster on my laptop with an SSD.

The Minion client is multi-threaded and does many things at once. The 4 items it shows under the loading screen is only a small amount of what its actually doing. The ESO stuff its loading is a aprox 100kb json in files (one config file and one file list) and the pause there is likely because of something else happening after that.

However that being said we are changing what is being displayed there in a future release (Elder scrolls people have the same complaint about WoW). We have an update coming out soon that won't load these files if you choose for Minion not to detect a game. We also have optimization improvements to the game / addon detection speed coming.

Thanks for the feedback and using Minion!

Last edited by Dolby : 11-04-14 at 07:27 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Detecting ESO Addons.