04-26-09, 10:48 PM   #1
Imakefood
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
HUD scale

Wen i went to set my HUD scale i accdently set it to super extra OMFG I CANT SEE IT ANYMORE!!! kind of tiny...anyway i went to set it back to normal size and nothing happened. i tried a few more times to make sure i wasnt typing it wrong and what not...i wasnt. I ended up having to /nui rl 4 times and it popped back to normal. idk if thats sposed to happen or not :P

04-26-09, 10:53 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hmm, you should have been able to reset it with /nui hud scale without a value. I have noticed however that /nui hud scale 1.0 doesn't scale exactly right either so I usually use the non value one which usually works.

But then again I haven't tried to use it for since 3.1 came out and maybe not much before then.

04-26-09, 11:10 PM   #3
Imakefood
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
mmmm 1st time i tried resizing. i also noticed i couldnt enter after i typed /nui hud scale 1 it literally did nothing...like the enter key didnt make anything happen. it just stayed in the chat window like it is before you press enter. idk i fixxed it since then its working fine now,but i thought id mention it incase anyone else is having or had these issues

04-27-09, 05:36 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Ah... the problem there then was that you actually broke the slash command engine. That happens sometimes when you enter insane values. I just stopped processing that command all together is why. I've seen that happen, but yet to find a fix.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-27-09, 02:57 PM   #5
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Ah... the problem there then was that you actually broke the slash command engine. That happens sometimes when you enter insane values. I just stopped processing that command all together is why. I've seen that happen, but yet to find a fix.
Sounds like a safety net to me. A common security hole is for people to try entering incredibly bad values for commands to get something to crash or maybe give them administrative access.

Sounds to me like Blizzard may have set up WoW's lua engine to disable something if someone is trying to do things that cause some sort of out of bounds error.

Not saying that's what is happening, but makes you wonder.

04-27-09, 06:35 PM   #6
Thander
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by wreck View Post
Sounds like a safety net to me. A common security hole is for people to try entering incredibly bad values for commands to get something to crash or maybe give them administrative access.

Sounds to me like Blizzard may have set up WoW's lua engine to disable something if someone is trying to do things that cause some sort of out of bounds error.

Not saying that's what is happening, but makes you wonder.
I'm pretty sure there is something like that. One day using the default UI, I was changing the scale. The options menu has a certain range but the slash command lets you put anything. Just for fun I put in a huge value. Well, it worked but afterwords the command would not work to make it normal size again. I think I had to edit one of the files in WTF to make it normal again.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » HUD scale