04-22-06, 04:11 PM   #21
BTShrump
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Ravendave
Every time an event happens that would trigger sct I get this message and nothing happens: " Interface\AddOns\sct\sct.lua:826: attempt to call global 'SCTGlobalParser_ParseMessage' (a nil value) "

nothing comes up other than this large error message. Please help!
Are you useing the latest version?

Time Spent in WOW:
3 hours a night to raid
2 hours a day to farm
300 hours a day to work on UI
>_<
04-23-06, 05:57 AM   #22
Iruwen
A Kobold Labourer
I have a problem which is not directly related to sct but maybe someone can answer my question.

sct has the capability to show when Overpower is available.

I found these lines in sct_event_config.lua:

[8] = {name="Overpower!", search="You attack. (.+) dodges.", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1, class={"Warrior"}},
[9] = {name="Overpower!", search="Your (.+) was dodged", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1, class={"Warrior"}},

Flexbar can do the same thing to show the Overpower button when it's usable. It only parsed for "dodges" and "was dodged" respectively though, so I modified their event handlers:

Code:
FBEventHandlers["CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_SELF_MISSES"] =
	function(event)
		if strfind(arg1, "You attack. (.+) dodges.") then
			FB_RaiseEvent("PlayerMiss", "dodge")
		end
	end

FBEventHandlers["CHAT_MSG_SPELL_SELF_DAMAGE"] =
	function(event)
	if strfind(arg1, "Your (.+) was dodged") then
		FB_RaiseEvent("PlayerMiss", "dodge")
	end
end
The problem is that the dodge Event still occurs (and the Overpower button pops up) when it is not actually usable - and sct doesn't show "Overpower". So my question would be if there is another condition that has to be considered in order to make it work correctly.
05-14-06, 02:39 AM   #23
Unreachable
A Kobold Labourer
Upgrade to 4.12 is problematic..

I tried upgrading to SCT 4.12, and when I type /sct in-game I get the following error:

Interface Addons\sct\sct.lua:419: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Here's what I found at line 419 in sct.lua:
----------------------
--Get a crit from player config
function SCT_GetTable(tab, key)
return SCTPlayer[tab][key];
end
<-- line 419
----------------------
--Set a color in the player config
function SCT_SetTable(tab, key, value)
SCTPlayer[tab][key] = value;
end

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
07-10-06, 07:52 PM   #24
NiGMa
A Kobold Labourer
SCT Error

Hello I have the following problem when entering the game:

--Interface\AddOns\sct\sct.lua: 1746: attempt to call method 'SetFont' (a nil value)--

It doesn't work if I open the sct options. I use the last version. Thanks. Greetings.
07-14-06, 01:42 PM   #25
Carnage2202
A Defias Bandit
Bug with sct

This is the error mesg I get when I heal ppl: Interface\AddOns\sct\sct.lua:916: attempt to call blobal ' SCTGlobalParser_ParseMessage ' (a nil value)

Don't know if this has been fixed but know it is a bug with the lastest DL...
08-22-06, 10:26 AM   #26
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SCT vs. patch 1.2

What's the functionality difference between SCT and patch 1.2?

And more importantly...do we know the function hooks to display messages in the Blizzard combat text scroller?

SID67
08-22-06, 10:28 AM   #27
shadofall
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by sid67
What's the functionality difference between SCT and patch 1.2?

And more importantly...do we know the function hooks to display messages in the Blizzard combat text scroller?

SID67

think of the blizzard fct as a very slimed down version of SCT, no way to customize or make changes. just the simple basic functions.

I'll personaly be sticking with SCT and SCTD
08-22-06, 10:40 AM   #28
sid67
A Cliff Giant
That's why I want to know what the function hooks are/is to display a message in the Blizzard scroller. While it may be a lot "lighter" than SCT, it does use built-in code. That means that if future addons can hook into it, they will be more effecient and not require SCT. Far better to just have an addon that is parsing Combatlog messages and calling an in-game functions than it is to have have an addon to parse messages AND display them. I'm resource restrained, so anything that can be done to increase performance is critical.

Don't get me wrong. SCT is awesome. I have a number of my own custom messages created for SCT. BUT--if it's now partially included w/ the Blizzard core...it makes sense to adopt some of that functionality if possible.
08-22-06, 11:01 AM   #29
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
FCT is using the EXACT same way to display text as SCT. They took the code almost straight from SCT. You will not gain any performance using FCT over using SCT in Lighmode. And FCT currently has zero options about display (not colors, speed, size, etc...).
08-22-06, 01:10 PM   #30
Nuada Storm
A Murloc Raider
I have downloaded SCT 5.0 and SCTD 2.0 and looking forward to the new versions, even with Blizzard's interface. Often times the default interface stops just short of being great. That is where addons like SCT come in. They fill the gap.

Now if only my server would be brought back online.
08-22-06, 03:23 PM   #31
Melek
A Murloc Raider
Question

Hey Grayhoof - first of all thanks for this awesome addon - I love it!

Now. As a priest I use sct mainly to check for innervates popping on me and healing/overhealing on others.

By default sct shows:

+healing{overhealing}

I would like sct to say +healing{overhealing} and then (possibly in a completely new message) [Total Heal] (as in healing+overhealing). So it would look like this

+15{5}[20]

or

+15{5}
[20]

Is this possible ? I've tried to fiddle with sct_event_config.lua but with no luck. I got total heal to display but this only hid the defualt message.

Thanks in advance!
/melek
08-22-06, 03:40 PM   #32
doomveteran
A Defias Bandit
At work, so I can't fulfill all the details I need to get questions answered, but simply....

I'm using an old 1.3xxx whatever version of ACE. I see you're using the ACE2. The dowloads section from wowace are outdated, and the forums seem to lead to RC versions, dunno if there is a stable version, and where this is?

Can I get a quick up-to-speed on the newer ace dependency and where to find semi-stable versions?
08-22-06, 03:49 PM   #33
aastarius
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by doomveteran
At work, so I can't fulfill all the details I need to get questions answered, but simply....

I'm using an old 1.3xxx whatever version of ACE. I see you're using the ACE2. The dowloads section from wowace are outdated, and the forums seem to lead to RC versions, dunno if there is a stable version, and where this is?

Can I get a quick up-to-speed on the newer ace dependency and where to find semi-stable versions?
Ace2 addons no longer require a seperate copy of Ace2 to be available, the addon itself includes all the necessary "bits" hence no dependencies anymore.
08-22-06, 03:59 PM   #34
doomveteran
A Defias Bandit
i see, so it's a completely embeddable library?
very nice, thanks for the reply, couldn't find much info on a lagged patch day on crap work dsl ;x

thank you
08-22-06, 07:24 PM   #35
Astrial
A Defias Bandit
Hello,

I'm trying to shift my old SCT custom messages through into SCT 5.0, and they aren't displaying. In the event config lua I have:

[9] = {name="Inner Fire Down!", search="Inner Fire fades from you", r=100/256, g=220/256, b=200/256, ismsg=1},

which used to work in SCT 4.13, but doesn't seem to work now.

I get the feeling it's some kind of syntax issue, but I just can't find anything wrong with it, and I'm not sure why that (and similar text messages) aren't working.

Also, is there a way, since there is a second SCT output dialogue, to output custom messages to that particular (for lack of a better word) 'channel'?

Edit: Figured it out, had to actually physically add in the Wow Event "CHAT_MSG_SPELL_AURA_GONE_SELF". Maybe an extra note saying that you need to uncomment the search areas would be good in your next documentation for the programme to search through each chat log?

Thanks for the great mod!

Last edited by Astrial : 08-22-06 at 07:38 PM.
08-22-06, 07:39 PM   #36
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Buff Fade events are not longer parsed by default, you'll need to add them to the events in the bottom half of sct_event_config. Turn on event debugging if you don't know what event to add.

*Ahh nm, see you got it. You cannot currently send custom events to a specific frame, but I'll add that in the "clean up" release that will come out soon in the next couple days.

Last edited by Grayhoof : 08-22-06 at 07:43 PM.
08-22-06, 08:09 PM   #37
ryusick
A Defias Bandit
Very new things and i like them , thanks for releasing on time but i have a question about one of the new things, the sound option for the Low Health Low Mana thing.

in the sct_event_config it says

Custom: soundwave="Interface\\AddOns\\MyAddOn\\mysound.wav"

but thats what exactly i did,
--Player Mana
elseif (event == "UNIT_MANA") or (event == "UNIT_RAGE") or (event == "UNIT_ENERGY")then
if (arg1 == "player") and (UnitPowerType("player") == 0)then
local warnlevel = self.db.profile["LOWMANA"] / 100;
local ManaPercent = UnitMana("player") / UnitManaMax("player");
if (ManaPercent < warnlevel) and (sct_LastManaPercent >= warnlevel) and (not SCT:CheckFD("player")) then
if (self.db.profile["PLAYSOUND"] and self.db.profile["SHOWLOWMANA"]) then
soundwave="Interface\Addons\Chatsound\Sounds\Danger.wav"
yet the soundwave="Interface\Addons\Chatsound\Sounds\Danger.wav doesn't kick in

sorry if its something basic, i just started to mess around with options
08-22-06, 08:54 PM   #38
Tabithy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ryusick
soundwave="Interface\Addons\Chatsound\Sounds\Danger.wav doesn't kick in
you need to use two \'s

--> soundwave="Interface\\Addons\\Chatsound\\Sounds\\Danger.wav"

lua sees those single slashes and thinks they are something else
08-22-06, 11:02 PM   #39
mindphyx
A Defias Bandit
/sigh - SCT Help (Sorry)

So, I'm a bit frustrated about getting some SCT custom events to work with version 5.0 in 1.12 I've looked around a bit but, nothing has worked thus far. I have Enable Custom Events checked in my SCT menu option in game. For the SCT_EVENT_CONFIG.lua I have...

Code:
[9] = {name="Power Word: Shield has POOFED!", search="Power Word: Shield fades from you", r=128/256, g=128/256, b=256/256, iscrit=1},
The search text is correct. If anyone could provide any insight, it would be appreciated.
08-22-06, 11:27 PM   #40
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
mindphyx, read my last post, and the one above it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Scrolling Combat Text