09-02-12, 12:54 PM   #161
gldneagles
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Does anyone know of a way to turn an account back to trial status, I'm trying to fix the quest stuff in regards to groups, but my second account was from RaFing so they won't let me login even for the 1-20.
First off, Rythal, thanks for all the work you have put in on this. And as far as the account goes, worst case you can create a free account that you wont have to pay for using another email address, and you could can you that for testing.

09-02-12, 01:51 PM   #162
Draven006
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks, conflict, and Good Job

Rythal, thank you so much for your Fan Update for this, it is truly appreciated.
Many of us only wish that we could have done what you have achieved as a fan of Carbonite.
I have been using Carbonite since the days when you had to pay for it.
I remember buying Carbonite for two of my friends as a "thank you" for looking after my house when i went on holiday, and they loved it so much. 3 weeks later Blizz told Carbonite to stop charging. LOL but i was happy to have "paid/Donated" to them.

Anyway,

I know you are busy still getting it working and lining up maps etc, but is there place that we could post some conflicts?

eg
Archy (Addon) when on and active the zone maps dont appear when you mouse over them. I have posted this to the Author of Archy and this was his responce

"No sorry...

There's a few reasons for this:

1. Carbonite seems abandonware, most recent activity I see is from a user submitting unofficial fixes here (I'm not going to spend time trying to debug a 3rd party addon that might or might not be eventually updated by the original creators)

2. Carbonite code has been ran through an obfuscator in the past and though it's been unobfuscated somewhat to comply with Blizz addon policy, it's still very hard to follow, so even if I (1) didn't apply I'd rather gouge my own eyes out than try to debug it Tongue out

Your best bet is someone from the Carbonite users community finding out the problem.

Apologies I can't be of more help."

Bit Rude in my books but hey what does he care.

What i do know is that there will be a replacement for Archy out there, but there will NEVER be a replacement for Carbonite.

Thanks again Mate for your time, effort, and dedication.

09-02-12, 02:39 PM   #163
Sesshi
A Murloc Raider

I just wanted to take the time to pop back in here and say thank you again Rythal for updating this wonderful addon that many of us just cannot live without and jarda128 for taking the time to personally pm us the link. Thank you both so very much!
To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice" ~ LOVELESS Act V

09-02-12, 03:21 PM   #164
Elistila
A Murloc Raider
hi there is one more problem , with this mop pre pathc i cant see on all areas in world of warcraft the quest level , like thousand needles if i go over this area bevore i can see the lv i think 40-45 now i cant see this . but thats only in the classic maps where is the problem ? and im the only one with that problem ?

Thanks 4 help

09-02-12, 03:34 PM   #165
rgbiii
A Defias Bandit
Thanks, Rythal!

I've been following your progress for the last few days (since the patch), and i applaud your efforts. But the Carbonite patch just isn't working for me- i get the lua error screen with 21 errors; one with a rapidly rising counter. I've unchecked all addons so only Carbonite is running- no dice. Has this happened to anyone else, and how was the problem overcome?

09-02-12, 04:06 PM   #166
Dificeman
A Kobold Labourer
Thank for the update.

09-02-12, 04:09 PM   #167
Deniador
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks Rythal for your work on this addon.

I have made a patch on your version for the french version (and maybe other languages...)

The patch resolve the next issue :
Originally Posted by mdc View Post
First of all : many thanks to Rythal for his fantastic job.

I'm using a french version of wow. I replace the 2 files (carbonite.lua and toc).
And then ... I can't even open the world map.
I receive a series of error messages like:
unknown map name and err MapGenAreas followed by the french names of zones.
I believe I have to translate something but I don't know where.
If it's in localization.lua, why only in french version (since all the people seems to replace only the carbonite.lua and carbonite.toc) ?

Somebody can help me ?

I apologies for my poor english.
The errors messages are still here, but the World map can be opened, and the mini map works well.
I will try to fix the error message tomorrow.

I have uploaded my modified version here 4shared

In clear : http://www.4shared.com/zip/tAKkggTg/...l?refurl=d1url

Here the diff result, if you wan't integrate the patch in your next release :

10c10
< Nx.VERMINOR=.003
---
> Nx.VERMINOR=.004
3344c3344
< coN2={1,2,3,4,5,6,9}
---
> local coN2={1,2,3,4,5,6,9}
3439a3440,3446
> if not win1[2] then
> win1[2] = 0
> end
> if not win1[3] then
> win1[3] = 0
> end
>
3845c3852,3859
< local sca=win1[1]
---
> local sca=win1[1]
> if not win1[4] then
> win1[4] = 0
> end
> if not win1[5] then
> win1[5] = 0
> end
>
9418c9432,9438
< local sca=win1[1]
---
> local sca=win1[1]
> if not win1[4] then
> win1[4] = 0
> end
> if not win1[5] then
> win1[5] = 0
> end
See ya !

Deniador@Naxxramas

Last edited by Deniador : 09-02-12 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Add the diff result

09-02-12, 04:14 PM   #168
rgbiii
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by rgbiii View Post
I've been following your progress for the last few days (since the patch), and i applaud your efforts. But the Carbonite patch just isn't working for me- i get the lua error screen with 21 errors; one with a rapidly rising counter. I've unchecked all addons so only Carbonite is running- no dice. Has this happened to anyone else, and how was the problem overcome?
OK, I'm a schmuck - I installed the files in the wrong location . Thanks for your hard work, Rythal, it's working for me now!

09-02-12, 04:22 PM   #169
kouk2002
A Kobold Labourer
Truly i thank you

OMG it works, im saved Well it loaded with out the bugs that the out of date version had.

Honestly im no where near panda, recently returned to wow and carbonite was first on the list of reinstalled add ons, made 4 new characters and play them now as its easier to learn from scratch than try to pick up where you left off 2 years ago

Well add ons i have installed with it;
Auctioneer
Gathermate 2, installed because i lost carbonite so it'll probably go soon
Combuctor
Deadly Boss mod
Recount
Spell Flash, though not all classes updated and working atm
Healium
Titan Panel, another installed trying to fill carbonite void, so will be disabled at least

So far no issues, will post any i may come across

And for the guy before me asking for the fan update, the link is on the first page of this thread

09-02-12, 04:39 PM   #170
Naiani
A Defias Bandit
Can't get it to work

Hi, ty for working on this, im lost without my Carbonite!

I tried downloading it from the link you gave, unzipped, put in my wow/interface/addons folder. Now, my problem is when i go to the map, not only can i not create a goto, but it only shows the area i am in. If i use my mouse wheel to zoom out, it just turns black, and wont show anything else in the map. Tried making a quick goto in the little square minimap, and that didnt work either. What am i doing wrong?

09-02-12, 05:00 PM   #171
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Naiani View Post
Hi, ty for working on this, im lost without my Carbonite!

I tried downloading it from the link you gave, unzipped, put in my wow/interface/addons folder. Now, my problem is when i go to the map, not only can i not create a goto, but it only shows the area i am in. If i use my mouse wheel to zoom out, it just turns black, and wont show anything else in the map. Tried making a quick goto in the little square minimap, and that didnt work either. What am i doing wrong?
You need to go further in, the files have to go into interface/addons/Carbonite not just interface/addons

09-02-12, 05:05 PM   #172
Naiani
A Defias Bandit
May I tell you I love you? Thank yo so much, it is working!

09-02-12, 05:21 PM   #173
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
5.004.005 is now up!

Fixed:
- Minimap transparencies have returned
- Group quest sharing should be fixed
- New options under MiniMap for autodocking / full size in known bugged areas
- All start zones are back where they should be on the map
- Removed Carbonite/Blizzard toggle since not needed anymore
- Repaired Completed Quest Fetching Again (still not sure how it reverted)
- Patch should work now in German, French, Spanish .. other languages will need people who can translate.

Known Bugs:
- Abandoning a quest sometimes doesn't clear it from your map, if this happens just click on autotrack button.

-------
What does bugged areas mean?

Some areas do not like the minimap being transparent at all, in the new client and if it is will just turn black. Dalaran, Cleft of Shadows, and Caverns of time are the one's I've found so far.

If you find an area that does this, I would ask you run /script Print(GetSubZoneText()) and post where it is so it can be added, or just describe it here (need to know the subzone not the zone IE Caverns of Time and not Tanaris).

Last edited by Rythal : 09-02-12 at 05:26 PM.

09-02-12, 05:30 PM   #174
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you very very much Rythal.

Can you please add Battleground Maps not working to known bugs.

Us pvpr's are dying without em.

Thanks again!!!

09-02-12, 05:34 PM   #175
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Fizgig1973 View Post
Thank you very very much Rythal.

Can you please add Battleground Maps not working to known bugs.

Us pvpr's are dying without em.

Thanks again!!!
battleground maps are working fine, you just need to adjust them. When in a battleground right click the map and select "follow you" take a couple steps and the map will reorient to where you are, then you can zoom in or out as needed.

09-02-12, 05:48 PM   #176
mdc
A Defias Bandit
Thanks to Deniador.
Now, Carbonite start and I get the maps.
I still receive some errors messages but it mostly works.

To Rythal:
Do you integrate the Deniator's patch in your updates ?
It'll more efficient than to have your update and then some patches to apply.

Thank you all again for your fantastic work.

09-02-12, 05:52 PM   #177
jarda128
A Cyclonian
5.004.005 is now up!

Fixed:
- Patch should work now in German, French, Spanish .. other languages will need people who can translate.

Known Bugs:
- Abandoning a quest sometimes doesn't clear it from your map, if this happens just click on autotrack button.

-------

Some areas do not like the minimap being transparent at all, in the new client and if it is will just turn black. Dalaran, Cleft of Shadows, and Caverns of time are the one's I've found so far.

If you find an area that does this, I would ask you run /script Print(GetSubZoneText()) and post where it is so it can be added, or just describe it here (need to know the subzone not the zone IE Caverns of Time and not Tanaris).
Thanks very much Rythal ...
If it will be possible,i was glad to donate some money to support you in yours superb job ...

Last edited by jarda128 : 09-02-12 at 05:55 PM.

09-02-12, 05:58 PM   #178
Necrosage
A Fallenroot Satyr

5.004.005 is now up!

Fixed:

Known Bugs:

-------

Thanks again for all your efforts Rythal.

I have updated my site to your latest incarnation. Feel free to list it as a mirror if you want to ease your bandwidth.

09-02-12, 06:03 PM   #179
Silverlock
A Defias Bandit
Question 5.004.005 bug?

Rythal,

Thank you very much for putting in the time to do this. My wife and I both appreciate it.

I'm sure you could use another banana, so...

I just installed your latest release and everything appears to be working quite well. However, when I pick up a quest item or kill a mob for a quest, my chat box prints out a list of 5-digit numbers. This is happening to my wife as well.

I suspect this is merely a misplaced print statement from testing or something. If you do need more information about it, I'd be happy to help.

Thank you!

09-02-12, 06:08 PM   #180
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Silverlock View Post
Rythal,

Thank you very much for putting in the time to do this. My wife and I both appreciate it.

I'm sure you could use another banana, so...

I just installed your latest release and everything appears to be working quite well. However, when I pick up a quest item or kill a mob for a quest, my chat box prints out a list of 5-digit numbers. This is happening to my wife as well.

I suspect this is merely a misplaced print statement from testing or something. If you do need more information about it, I'd be happy to help.

Thank you!
Bah, knew I forgot something lol normally I check for my test prints before declaring it done.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04